Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Larry Bowers & Parents
By: Sharon Gribbon
|For the intentions of Fr. MacRae
By: Maria DeSouza
|Frances Tallon Giroux
By: Mike & Rosa Mainville
By: Helen & Maureen Morris
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Deceased Parents of Jimmy & Lois Tierney By: The Family
Jeannine Roy By: Rita Hughes
|Edgar & Anita Gaudette & Deceased Relatives
By: The Family
By: Helen & Jack Hill
|Sheenboro||Karen Shea||Peter Gleason|
|St. Joseph||Denzil Spence||Ron Price|
|Chapeau||André Chartrand||André, Mariette|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK Marian McGuire-Rochon, Viola Fleury, Cindy Chevalier, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Judy Bechamp, Lauretta Reid, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
|Parish||Collection||Counter Monday’s at 9:00 a.m.|
|Sheen||$840.00||Janet Retty, Monday, July 17th|
|St. Joseph||$1,655.00||Sharon Gribbon, Monday, July 10th|
New schedule for Readers and EOME is ready to be picked up in the sacristy.
- There is a promise of marriage between Cody Carroll son of Thomas Carroll and Kerri Caldwell and Andrea Clare England daughter of Willard Lloyd England and Kimberly Ann Stoppa. The wedding will be celebrated at 1:00 PM on Saturday, July 15th, 2017 at St. Alphonsus Church.
- There is a promise of marriage between David Vaillancourt son of Andre Vaillancourt and Mary Ann Keon and Kelsey McDonald daughter of Stephen McDonald and Shannon Morris. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 PM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 at St. Alphonsus Church.
THANK YOU: We wish to extend a sincere thank you to the countless people who offered their comfort and support following the loss of our beloved Herman/husband and father. Thank you to all who kept him in your thoughts and prayers throughout his illness and to all who attended the wake and/or funeral. As well, thank you for Fr. Moyle for the service and his caring thoughts and words. We extend our appreciation to the choir who, along with Herman’s niece, Céline, and his sister, Carole, supplied the funeral service with extremely touching music. Thank you to those who provided us with food and good company during the days proceeding Herman’s passing. Last but not least, we would like to thank Ghislain Bourget and Greg Hayes for going above and beyond. There are no words that aptly convey just how thankful we are for each of you. You have all made an extremely trying time of our lives a little less difficult. We will forever be grateful. Mary Lou, Emilie, and Rebecca
CONGRATULATIONS to Ryan Emond son of Christine and John Emond of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes who was the lucky winner of the NHL’s Claude Giroux signed Jersey. Thanks to all who participated in the draw at the Canada Day celebrations in Sheenboro Quebec. All proceeds from the draw will be donated to the St. Paul the Hermit’s parish in Sheenboro. Hope everyone enjoyed the parade and activities on our 150 birthday.
BABY BOTTLE BOOMERANG – ST. JOSEPH’S PARISH: I wish to thank all who participated in this fundraiser for First Step Options. Our parish raised $834.33 to assist those in a crisis those in a crisis pregnancy. Thank you for your support. Receipts will be sent at the end of the year to those who requested it. Please see the letter posted at the entrance to the church. Elaine McGuire
On the occasion of the 150th Anniversary of Canada, there is a one-day bus trip to Ottawa on September 6th for $139 per person. Twenty dollars is required now to reserve your seat. Call Mariette Gaudette at 819-689-2544 for more information.
CHAPEAU GALLERY NEWS: The Chapeau Gallery & Garage sale is now opened. (The month of July open Friday, Saturday & Sundays from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.). Come & visit the new art work & artisans displays & gift shop, etc….. Bake Sale on Sunday July 2nd after mass.
WALK THE OPEONGO LINE – JULY 27– 30: A walking pilgrimage to celebrate the annual pilgrimage to St. Anne’s, Cormac. For more information and to register go to walktheopeongoline.com or contact Fr. Scott Murray -email@example.com or 613 735-6392.
Happy Sweet 16 Birthday to Gabriel Zita McGuire! Love and Best wishes Adrianna, Mom and Dad
Happy Birthday to Madeleine Chaput! Love and Best wishes from Aurele, Lisa, Lila & Noella and families.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Many thanks to all the volunteers who worked so hard in Sheenboro on Canada Day. Special mention must be made for those who heeded my advice and hung their rosaries outside on their clothesline. While the weather wasn’t perfect, it was good enough to the day wasn’t washed out. Congratulations on hosting a successful event that showed to the world once again the wonderful hospitality found in Sheen!
2) Take a look at the quilts that will be the principal prize of the Parish Draws in St. Joseph’s and Chapeau. They will be displayed for the summer in each church to inspire us to sell as many tickets as possible to help pay for all the repair work we’re tackling in each community.
3) Thanks to Fr. Scott Murray for filling in for me last Sunday. After all the recent funerals the break was much
4) I was speaking with a pastor friend down in southern Ontario this week. He called to discuss a case where an elderly parishioner was being ‘strongly encouraged’ by his children to request ‘assistance’ in dying as they were finding the task of organizing themselves to provide him with care was ‘too difficult’ with their busy lifestyles and too expensive to pay for the medical assistance required for him to stay at home. The gentleman had enough of his wits about him that he called his pastor of advice before agreeing to follow his children’s ‘wishes for his ‘welfare’ and was advised not to accede to their request. This is just another example of why euthanasia is such a danger to us because if it has happened once in this case where the pastor was consulted, how many more families are pressuring, be it subtly or otherwise to follow a similar course for aged or infirm parents? More than you might think folks. Sadly more than you might think.
5) Have you heard about the case of Charlie Gard in the U.K.? Charlie is the infant son of parents who want him treated for a brain disease that is threatening to take his life. Unfortunately for him, the State has decided that he wouldn’t have a sufficiently good quality of life if he were to survive due to the effects the disease has already caused and are refusing to let the parents take him from the hospital where he currently is to be transferred to one where he can receive the treatments his parents want. The Pope and even Donald Trump have offered to arrange for transportation and donations already gathered have surpassed the cost of treating Charlie… but the U.K. government and courts say it would be best if the child just be allowed to die. So it seems that even the right to exist is being challenged at both ends of life’s spectrum these days. Please pray that the right to life will stand as the first and most primordial of human rights so that abuses like the two cases I discuss here won’t become more and more common.