Masses for the Week of 12 January to 17 January
TUESDAY: 10 AM Theresa Gagnon – Cathy, Neil & Family
WEDNESDAY:** 10 AM Brandon Perrault – Angel Cybulski
THURSDAY: 10 AM Souls in Purgatory – Genevieve Keogh
FRIDAY:*** 10 AM Donald Retty – Harry Searson
SUNDAY: 10:30 AM (1) Edwin Doyle – Patricia Morris
(2) Danny Kelly & Brigitta Gottfried – Sharon Gribbon
(3) Patsy Gagnon – Michael Gagnon & Boys
All weekday Masses are celebrated in St. Joseph’s Church.
** Includes public recitation of the Rosary
*** Includes public recitation of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy
All Live Masses are suspended in accordance with Quebec COVID regulations until at least February 8, 2021
PLEASE REMEMBER… If you are sick or have a cough, please do not attend. Remember, the Bishop has suspended our obligation to attend a Sunday Mass until further notice so please stay home so as to not make others sick.
St. Paul the Hermit: 20/12/2020 $ 490.00
27/12/2020 $ 900.00
St. Joseph’s: 20/12/2020 $1180.00
27/12/2020 $ 825.00
03/01/2021 $ 235.00
St. Alphonsus: 20/12/2020 $ 250.00
27/12/2020 $ 629.00
01/01/2021 $ 435.00
03/01/2021 $ 720.00
Total Online Donations to Date: $11,098.68
1) Our sympathy and prayers go out to Mrs. Sheila Stacey of Chapeau whose sister, Terrie Wickham recently passed away. May God grant comfort to Terrie’s entire family in their time of bereavement.
2) I wish to offer my personal thanks to Carmel Fleming and the Minor Hockey Association of Chapeau for their generous donations to St. Alphonsus Parish. In difficult times like these when our Sunday collections are suffering due to the COVID pandemic and its restrictions, it is the kindness of parishioners and organizations like these that help us keep our doors open. Thank you!
3) I also wish to offer my personal thanks to those who so generously offered me various Christmas gifts this past few weeks. They were all very gratefully accepted. Merci mille foix a tous!
4) Well, sadly 2021 hasn’t exactly started off any better than the last year ended, at least as regard to the pandemic. The provincial government, on top of instituting a night-time curfew has also ordered the closing of all churches and church offices until at least 8 February 2021. I will continue to stream both weekdays (10 AM) and Sunday Masses (9 AM) from St. Joseph’s, including the public recitation of the Rosary on Wednesdays and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy on Friday. On Sunday, I will offer the Mass for three intentions, one from each parish. Please pray that we will soon find our way out of danger in these difficult times and get back to celebrating as usual in all three parishes.
5) Just a reminder that just because you can’t come to church doesn’t mean you can’t continue to support your parish. You can go to the parish blog at www.uppontiacparishes.com and make an online donation. Just remember to include which church you are directing your donation to in the message box of the donation widget. I thank you for your continuing support by whatever means possible in these difficult months with large heating bills and no regular Sunday collections. Your generous help is much appreciated.