Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Monday||Thanksgiving Day||No Mass|
|Tuesday||10:00 AMChapeau||St. Callistus||Ian PicardBy: Mom & Dad|
|Wednesday||10: AMChapeau||St. Teresa of Jesus||Joyce BechampBy: George Sullivan|
|Thursday||10:00 AMSt. Joseph||St. Marguerite D’Youville||Mary Evelyn MorrisBy: Helen & Maureen Morris|
|Friday||10:00 AMSt. Joseph||St. Ignatius of Antioch||Leona Audet & Doreen DubeauBy: Gerard & Gilles Audet|
|Saturday||5:00 PMSheenboro||29th Sunday in Ordinary Time||Andrew DonnellyBy: Merril & Patsy Allard|
|Sunday||9:00 AMSt. Joseph||29th Sunday in Ordinary Time||Lornie SullivanBy: Myra Sullivan & FamilyFor the intentions of Don & Angie Retty
By: Grace Bryson & Joyce
|Sunday||10:30 AMChapeau||29th Sunday in Ordinary Time||Missa Pro Populo|
|Parish||Lectors||Communion||Collection Counter-Monday October 20th|
|Sheen||Donald Retty||Peter Gleason||Nancy Gleason|
|St. Joseph||Eulalia Ryan||Elaine McGuire|
|Chapeau||Helen Nephin||Helen Nephin, Gail S.|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Lois Conroy, Peter Breekyk, Frances Giroux (St. Joseph) Chris Gardner, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger, Doreen Dubeau, Jackie Lepine, Natasha Godin, and Judy Sullivan.
ALPHONSUS C.W.L: We will be sponsoring Monday night card parties for the next three months. Your donations of sandwiches, cheese, squares and prizes are always appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who saved their used stamps. We went another shoebox full to Canadian Guide Dogs for the blind.
JOSEPH’S PARISH SUPPER—OCTOBER 19TH: Supper Tickets are available. Please call Sharon 819-689-2907, Hazel 819-689-2609 And Donna 819-689-2558. Cost is $12 Adults & Children under 10 $5.00 Thank you.
Envelopes for donations for meat for our Parish supper will be available at the back of the church. Thank you.
A Reminder please sign-up at the back for food & also to please hand in your tickets for the draw.
On Saturday, October 18th we will need some volunteer helpers for 9 AM to set up the Hall for our supper. Thank you!
Résidence Meilleur Du Haut Pontiac: has now received its Charitable Donation Status. For families who wish, “in memoriam” donations can be directed to Résidence Meilleur Du Haut Pontiac and receipts for income tax purposes will be issued.
|NOTES FROM FR. TIM|
|1) MANY THANKS to everyone who contributed to the success of the Chapeau Parish Supper. We successfully served almost 1000 meals without receiving a single complaint! We will publish a financial report once all the bills are paid so that everyone can see for themselves just how successful this annual fundraiser was. Next up: St. Joseph’s Parish Supper on Oct. 19th.
2) Bible Study Class: This Thursday (16 Oct) at 7 pm in the St. Joseph Rectory.
3) We are searching for people to take a contract to clean the Church in St. Joseph’s and another to shovel the walks etc. throughout the winter. If you are interested, please bring your proposal to the Parish Office (7 St. Joseph’s Street), fax it 819-689-5303, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also welcome Maureen Belland as our new interim Choir Director/Organist who will continue until we are able to engage the services of a new person to fill that role on a permanent basis. Thank you Maureen!
4) 40 Hours for the Kingdom: Beginning with the 1st Sunday of Advent, we are asking every family in our parishes to complete 40 hrs. throughout the year to come in helping us to grow in our love of God and neighbour. You can join in 40 hrs. of additional prayer or other activities to learn more about our faith by taking part in our Bible Study, other programs that will be offered throughout the year, or perhaps by participating in our upcoming parish mission with Fr. Denis Lemieux coming this winter. Any volunteer work that aids a neighbour such as shovelling snow for them, raking leaves, bringing in wood, baking for seniors or shut-in, visiting the sick, will all count towards your family total of 40 hrs. Maybe you have a particular talent that you’d be willing to teach to others. Anything that helps to improve the quality of life of your fellow parishioners will help you to reach the goal of 40 hrs. per family to Build the Kingdom of God. I will be speaking more about this initiative at each of the masses in November.
5) Pope Francis has asked for prayers that he might have the grace to navigate the Church in these difficult times. The Knights of Columbus are aiming at encouraging 10 million ‘Hail Mary’s for the Pope’ in response to this request. How about doing your part and offer a simple Hail Mary whenever he comes to mind? Every prayer helps!!
6) The Diocese is offering a day of formation on Sat. Nov. 15th at Holy Name Parish to help learn how to participate more fully as people dedicated to sharing our faith with each other through various ministries that you can share with the parish. Please call Deacon Adrien Chaput (613-732-7933) to register for this day or for more information. It’s free for all but registration is necessary to help the organizers to prepare for the number of people who wish to attend.
7) Don’t forget that our parish catechism program for all elementary school students begins NEXT SUNDAY. Grades 1-5 meet at DWKS at 9:15 am. Grade 6 students will meet with Fr. Tim in the Chapeau Sacristy at 11:15 am.
HALLOWEEN PARTY—KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS HALL: Hey everybody! Come on out to our Halloween party on Saturday November 1st at the knights of Columbus hall, 170 Ellis St., Pembroke Ontario. It starts at 9pm and goes to 1 am. The price at the door is $12 and in advance $10. For more info call Richard at 819-689-2610 or Tom 819-689-5221. Don’t forget to wear your costume! I hope to see you there!
YOUNG AT HEART NEWS: On Wednesday, October 22nd at 5:00 pm there will be a Pot Luck Supper followed by a General Meeting. Urging all members to attend and renew your membership. Keep in mind also that this is election year. See you then.
BOWLING: We are in need of a couple of bowlers to fill at team. If interested, please contact Yogi 819-689-5508.
HALLOWEEN DANCE SPONSORED BY CHICHESTER-SHEEN FIRE DEPARTMENT: will be held on Saturday, October 25th at the Sheenboro Hall from 8 PM to 1 AM. Prizes – Disco- Hot Lunch, $10/person – 18 years and over. Tickets: Glynn Fleury 689-2398 Donny Gagnon 689-2023 George Picard
CHAPEAU R.A. UPCOMING EVENTS: Haunted Halloween Walk- Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 starting at 7 pm at 3 Chemin Linus Hearty, Chichester (Shelley Conroy’s Place) $3.00 per persons Refreshments are also available.
Christmas Parade & Visit of Santa- Sunday, November 30th, 2014(TBD) More information to be provided shortly.
TUESDAY SOCIAL CLUB: Our group will get together on Tuesdays from 1 to 3 pm at Harrington Community Centre on a weekly basis. Everyone welcome and bring along any portable project you’re working on or a favourite board or card game. Bring along some friends too. NOTE: We are no longer in need of milk bags but would love pillowcases to make Sundresses for Africa. Leave them at your respective churches or, better yet, bring them to us on a Tuesday.
PARISH SUPPER ST. CASIMIR ROAST BEEF AND BEAN SUPPER: Sunday October 12, 2014, Round Lake Centre, starting at 12:30 p.m. Mass at 11:30 a.m. Adults: $13; Children 12 and under: $5; Under 5 Free. Great homemade food; Take-Out available; wheelchair accessible; Crafts, Bingo, Draws; Live entertainments; Everyone Welcome!
FRIENDS OF PERU: James and Alicia Keogh will be returning to Peru in November and those wanting to send donations there can give them to Fr. Tim Moyle and James Keogh.
Those that have refundable bottles or cans can donate them also for this cause. We will later have a 50/50 draw to raise funds. Thank you all for your collaboration.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: The next meeting of Bishop N.Z. Lorrain council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 14 at 7:30 p.m.in the K of C hall on Ellis Avenue in Pembroke.
CATECHIST DAY: A formation day for Parish Catechists and all interested persons entitled Our Lives Proclaiming Christ will be held on Saturday, November 15th, 2014 from 8:30 to 2:00 at the Most Holy Name of Jesus Parish in Pembroke, 284 Trafalgar Road. Bishop Michael Mulhall will speak on the Spirituality of a Catechist followed by sessions with presenters from various ministries. The afternoon session will consist of a group sharing. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please let us know if you have any food allergies. There is no fee for registration is necessary to inform us of your group of interest: Youth Ministry, R.C.I.A, Confirmation, First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Baptism or Children’s Liturgy. To register, please contact Deacon Adrien Chaput at (613) 732-7933, ext 206 or email@example.com by Friday, November 7, 2014.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!