Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Funeral Mass for Rose Lamarche|
By: Jeannette & Family
|Souls in Purgatory
By: A parishioner
|Mrs. Carmen Keon
By: Lois & Barry
|4th Sunday of Advent||Jackie Tremblay
By: George & Lucy Sullivan
|4th Sunday of Advent
By: Sam & Elaine McGuire
|4th Sunday of Advent
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Parish||Lectors||Communion||Collection Counter For Monday December
|Sheen||Nancy Gleason||Peter Gleason|
|St. Joseph||Frank Trezbiatowski||Rita Keogh Cortolezzis|
|Chapeau||André Chartrand||André, Mariette|
Sunday November 30th
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Alvin Lepine, Amelia Swann, Peter Breekyk, Frances Giroux (St. Joseph) Chris Gardner, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger ,Doreen Dubeau, Jacqueline Lepine, John Lapierre, and Judy Sullivan.
ALPHONSUS C.W.L: Our Monday night card parties are coming to an end (Dec. 15 is the last one sponsored by the C.W.L). Once again your attendance, donations of food and/or prizes was greatly appreciated.
Please continue to bring in your used stamps.
C.W.L. membership fees ($20.00) will be due in the New Year. Kindly use the envelope in your box or a regular one marked “CWL Fees” with your name on it. It can be put in the collection basket or given to a member.
Yoga with Jason. Thursdays January 8-Feb 12 from 12:30-1:30 at St. Joseph’s Centre for Families and Seniors. Cost is $65 for 6 sessions or $14 drop-in fee. **Minimum 10 people need to be pre-registered to offer the class** Contact the municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes to register :email@example.com or 819-689-2266.
Zumba. Mondays January 12-February 23 except February 9 (6 classes). Minimum 15 people required to offer the course. **You must pre-register and pre-pay**$36 for 6 weeks or $7 drop-in fee. Contact the municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes to register :firstname.lastname@example.org or 819-689-2266.
CHOSEN: Once we enter in the New Year, Our Lady of Lourdes in Pembroke will begin a youth ministry program called “Chosen.” Youth from other parishes are most welcome. Who? Youth from Grades 9-12,
What ? Dynamic Faith formation. When? on Sundays from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm Where? at Our Lady of Lourdes Hall Why? This is an awesome program and our faith is worth it! Questions? Contact Fr. Michael 613-735-6392.
UPPER PONTIAC SPORTS COMPLEX: is open for public skating Wednesdays and Fridays 6:30 to 7:50. The cost is $2 for adults, $1 for children and free when we have a sponsor.
SHEENBORO RECREATION ASSOCIATION: is sponsoring a free skate from 11:00-12:00 on Friday Dec.26th at the Arena in Chapeau. Also directly after the free skate, we will be sponsoring pick-up hockey from 12:00-1:00. Helmets and gloves are highly recommended especially for the younger players.
Santa is coming to Sheenboro again this year on Sunday Dec.21st to visit the seniors. He will bring you a gift to warm your heart and a spirit to warm your body. So seniors, please welcome Santa and his elves and mark this date on your calendar.
SHEENBORO HALL NEWS: Please note that due to higher energy and cleaning costs, the rental rates will be increased effective immediately to $450 for a social event and $175 for a funeral luncheon. There will be an energy surcharge added for any event between 15 November – 15 March. Call Doris, Betty, or the Parish Office for more details.
CATHOLIC TOUR is a 34 year old Catholic Travel Apostolate has been able to secure only 50 air seats, hotel beds, and Exposition Tickets for the upcoming Showing o the Original Shroud of Turin, the Air from your home city will be available. The pilgrimage pricing will be under $3, 599.00 dollars which includes your transatlantic airfare, hotel, most meals, tour escort, deluxe motor coach, and all air line with the next Exposition not available until the year 2025. Please contact Pam Adair in our office if you would like to receive our day by day itinerary and necessary registration forms. Please call or visit The Catholic Tour toll free at 1-877-627-4268 or simply e-mail pamadair@the catholictour.com for further information. The Catholic Tour looks forward to serving you in this recently announced possibly once in a life event of our Catholic Church.
ENVELOPE BOXES: If you are new to the Parish or if your name is not on any of the boxes. Please feel free to take a blank box and put your name and address on your first couple of envelopes so we can put you into the system. Thank you so much.
CHAPEAU CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PAGEANT: We are excited to announce that we will be presenting a Children’s Christmas Pageant during Christmas Eve Mass. We are looking for angels, shepherds and Kings aged 4 and up to participate. We are also looking for the older boys and girls to join our Children’s choir that will lead our pageant in the singing of lovely Christmas Carols. If you are interested in wither the pageant or the choir, please see Hélène Chartrand, Chantal Lair and Louis Schryer or call 819-689-2320.
CHRISTMAS CONCERT: Will be held on Friday, December 19th, 2014 at Harrington Community Centre beginning at 7 p.m. Admission is $5.00. There will be a 50/50draw, a silent auction, and beautiful door prizes. Santa is also coming for the children. All money from this fundraiser is for the Chapeau R.A. who are trying to raise money for the children’s outdoor recreation equipment at our ball park in Chapeau! Get in the Christmas Spirit, come and enjoy!
|NOTES FROM FR. TIM|
|1) Bible Study Class: Thursday Dec 18 at 7 pm in the St. Joseph’s Rectory
2) Our parish mission will be held from January 24-28, 2015. Fr. Denis Lemieux from Madonna House will be preaching. Fr. Denis has preached missions across the country and has a great reputation and an excellent message. This mission is part of our ’40 Hours for the Kingdom’ program so if you attend, don’t forget to let us know by using the coupons included with your parish envelopes.
3) Speaking of church envelopes, they are available this week in each of the churches. Please use these envelopes if you wish to receive a tax receipt for your donations. Thank you.
4) Please pray for the repose of the soul of Mrs. Rose Lamarche of Chapeau who died on Wednesday. Her funeral will be celebrated at St. Alphonsus this Tuesday at 11:00 am.
5) We have some very sick people in our midst these days. Please pray for Doreen Dubeau who is now in palliative care, Mr. John Lapierre who continues his life and death struggle with cancer, and Mrs. Jacqueline Lepine (Pauline’s mother) who is currently in Intensive Care at the Pembroke Hospital. It is always hard when a family member is facing a health crisis. It’s doubly so when it happens during the holiday season. Please consider reaching out to these families to help lessen the load during these times of trouble. Remember that Jesus said that visiting the sick was one of the expectations of Christians. It’s a great way to help ‘build the Kingdom’ here in the Upper Pontiac.
6) Thank you to the Young at Heart Club for inviting me to join them at their Christmas banquet. It was an excellent meal and a very pleasurable event for everyone.
7) Have you checked out our parish blog yet? It’s located at http://uppontiacparishes.wordpress.com
8) Would you be willing to assist as a sacristan in St. Joseph’s Church? I really need the help! It would involve such minor duties as the washing and ironing of the linens used during mass and ensuring that there are sufficient votive candles put out in the candle stand for each weekend mass. This would be a great way to build up your hours for the ’40 Hours for the Kingdom’ campaign!!