Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Deceased members of the Bisson Family
By: Claire Gagnon
|Deceased Parents of Harold & Marilyn Morris|
By: Shirley Senack
|Friday||10:00 AM St. Joseph||Marie Rochon
By: Art McGuire
|4th Sunday of Advent||Missa Pro Populo|
|4th Sunday of Advent||Loretta Kelly Fitzpatrick
By: Helen & Sharon Fitzpatrick
|4th Sunday of Advent||Wayne Lapierre
By: Mary Lapierre & Family
By: Helen Nephin
|Chapeau||Bernie Hendry||Bernie & Nicole|
|St. Joseph||Denzil Spence||Rita Keogh-Cortolezzis|
|Sheen||Donald Retty||Doris Ranger|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Dean Fitzpatrick, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Freija Lorraine Thomas, Alvin Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger and Shirley Bissonnette.
|Sheen||$690.00||Monday, December 14th , Janet Retty|
|Chapeau||$2,375.00||Monday, December 21st, Suzanne Lapierre|
REMINDER: The box for used stamps is still at the back of the church. One thing to remember when cutting them please leave at least ½ inch of paper all around the stamps.
ST ALPHONSUS LECTORS & EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS: new schedules are available in the sacristy. Thank you!
We regret to announce the passing of Ada Cooper (Fleming), Monday, December 7th at the age of 95. Ada was the daughter of William Fleming and Ellen Lapierre (Fleming) and is survived by her son John & brothers Art & Bernard.
CHILDREN’S CATECHISM CLASS: The next catechism class will be Sunday, January 10 at 9:15 at Dr. Wilbert Keon School.
YOUNG AT HEART CLUB NEWS: Our Christmas Party will be held Wednesday, December 16th at noon. Roast Beef will be catered by Cheryl Smith. Please get your ticket ($20) early from any of the Directors. Also there will be the draw for the quilt. All the money raised will be donated to the Residence Meilleur Fund. Thank you!
SHEENBORO: The Sheenboro Recreation Association is sponsoring a free skate from 11:00-12:00 on Saturday Dec.26th at the Arena in Chapeau. Also directly after the free skate, we will be sponsoring pick-up hockey from 12:00-1:00. Helmets and gloves are highly recommended especially for the younger players.
Santa is coming to Sheenboro again this year on Sunday Dec.20th to visit the Seniors. He will bring a gift to warm your heart and a spirit to warm your body. So seniors, please mark this date on your calendar.
CHAPEAU R.A~ NEW YEAR’S DANCE: The Chapeau RA will be hosting a New Year’s Eve Dance on December 31st, 2015. Come on out to ring the New Year “2016” in style the dance begins at 8 pm to 2 am music will be provided by DJ Tazman. Cost is $10 per person, tickets are available soon at Conroy’s Store and from members of the R.A. There will be door prizes and a light lunch will be served. Everyone Welcome!
Chapeau Rectory Gallery News:
- a) We are opened this Sunday, December 13th after mass and will be having a Christmas sing-a-long in the afternoon. Everyone is welcome to come and join us.
- b) The Gallery will be opened one more weekend. Come for a visit or for some last minute shopping. December 19 & 20th from 11:00 am – 2 pm.
Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus: will hold its annual members Christmas party on Dec, 8 at the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue. Social hour is 6p.m. to 7 p.m. and the dinner starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the Town and Country Men’s Store, at the bar at the hall or from Grand Knight Maurice Levesque. Cost is $15 and a gift exchange will be held. Members are encouraged to bring a donation for the food bank.
|Notes from Fr: Tim|
|1) Congratulations to the following young men and women who were confirmed by Bishop Mulhall last weekend in Sheenboro:
· Gabriel Gaudette,
· Konnor Jennings,
· Katie Sallafranque,
· Abram Gleason,
· Kiley Romain,
· Caleb Dubeau,
· Madison Pilon,
· Riley Godin,
· Carmen Michaud,
· Kassidy Lepine,
· Danielle Allard,
· Greg Fleming,
· Logan Marchildon.
2) Don’t forget, if you want to go to confession to prepare for Christmas that I will be available to hear confessions this week on Tuesday from 7-8 pm in St. Joseph’s; Wednesday from 7-8 pm in Chapeau; and on Saturday from 4-4:45 pm in Sheenboro.
3) Bible Study group will take a break until Thursday, January 7th, 2016 when we will continue our journey through the Book of Acts. New members are always welcome.
4) Please note that the entire Christmas collection in each parish goes towards paying Church expenses. We count on your generosity at Christmas to help pay the oil bills throughout the winter. It is not given to the priest as some people seem to believe! (Wish it were though. I’d be able to spend most of the winter in Florida if it were true!)3) The Christmas mass schedule is as follows for this year:
5) I wish to express my appreciation to Roger Lavoie of St. Joseph’s who has now accepted the permanent position as Choir director for the church choir. Please remember to say a prayer for each of our choir directors in each church as they are the ones responsible for choosing what music to sing/perform as well as deciding when or if other musicians are to perform as well. It is not always an easy job!!
6) Christmas Mass schedule is as follows:
· St. Joseph’s – 5 pm,
· Chapeau – 7 pm
· Sheenboro – 9 pm.
· Chapeau – 10:30 am