Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Marielle Demers & Family
By: A Parishioner
By: Emily Vinski
By: Anna & Gordon Porter
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Elizabeth Kelly
|(1) Dillon Godin by Betty Godin
(2) Intentions of Jacqueline & Remi Vaillancourt (70th anniversary) and the soul of Normand Vaillancourt By: Pierrette & Gilles
|Sheenboro||Patty Hansen||Doris Ranger|
|St. Joseph||Lawrence Duff||Ron Price|
|Chapeau||Monique Fleury||André, Joan|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Ida-Mae Turner, Shane Sullivan, Herman Morin, Viola Fleury, Dean Fitzpatrick, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|St. Joseph||$ 1,241.00||Sharon Fitapatrick(Monday, June 12th)|
|Chapeau||$ 1,635.00||Anne Gagnon ( Monday, June 6th)|
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L. News: a) will meet at Harrington Community Centre on Tuesday, June 7th at 1:30 p.m. All members are welcome. b) The St. Alphonsus C.W.L Dinner will be held on Tuesday, June 14th at (7 p.m.) at Harrington Community Centre. Father Peter Proulx will join us as guest speaker. Several members will be receiving pins. Roast beef dinner will be catered by Cheryl Smith. Tickets are $20.00 per person. Contact Gail (819-6892883) Joan (819-689-2523) Janie(819-689-2736). Deadline for tickets is June 10th
142nd ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE: to Sainte-Anne-de Beaupré and Cap-de-la Madeleine will be on August 13-14, 2015, 2015. Our weekend celebrant in Archbishop Paul-André Durocher, Archdiocese of Gatineau. Pope Francis has encouraged all of us to make a pilgrimage during the Year of Mercy. What an opportunity to participate in this 142nd Annual Pilgrimage. The Archdiocese of Québec designated to a Door of Mercy at the Shrine of Ste. Anne-de-Beaupré. Ste-Anne in a “Stations of Mercy. Information: Sylvia Soucie at 819-683-2537 or in Ottawa at Mike Budge 613-224-8110 www.stanne-de-beaupre.com.
ATTENTION TO ALL OUR MEMBERS (YOUNG AT HEART): You are invited to our annual picnic on Wednesday, June 15th at 10 o’clock. Same place at Carmel and Edmond Chartrand’s cottage, 8 Maryland, River Rd. Food and beverages will be free; games and prizes also. Just bring your own lawn chair. Please call Jeannette at 689-2856 or Rona at 689-5286 to confirm your presence before June 8th.
ST. JOSEPH’S CEMETERY COMMITTEE: would like to thank everyone for coming out to help clean up the cemetery. It was greatly appreciated.
St. Joseph CWL News: a) A special ‘Thank You’ to those who led the praying of the rosary before Sunday mass throughout Mary’s month of May. b) There will be no Father’s Day Brunch this year. We do wish to thank everyone for all their support for brunches past and future.
Fred Meilleur Memorial Golf Tournament: Friday, June 24, 2016 in support of the Upper Pontiac Sports Complex, St. Paul The Hermit Hall [Sheenboro] and the St .Joseph Municipal Hall. The Tournament will be held at the Island Brae [ shotgun start at 10:00am] and Pontefract [ shotgun start at 9:30am] Golf Clubs. Cost is $50.00 for golf and supper, $35.00 for golf only, and $25.00 for supper only. Golf cart rentals are extra. Call the Island Brae [ 613-732-9022] and the Pontefract [ 819-683-3308] to reserve. A catered supper begins at 7pm in the Chapeau Arena. All are welcome! To register, contact Charlotte Sunstrum [ 819-689-5084]. Registration and payment by June 15 will be much appreciated!
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: The final regular meeting of Bishop N.Z. Lorrain council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will be held in the Knights of Columbus Hall on Tuesday, June 14th starting at 7:30 p.m.
Knights of Columbus N.Z. Lorrain council 1531 will hold its closing dinner on Friday, June 17th at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Ellis Avenue. Social hour is at 6 p.m., followed by dinner. This event is open to members and their spouses. Tickets are available from Grand Knight Maurice Levesque, at the bar in the hall or Town and Country Men’s Shop. Tickets are $20 each. Thank you to everyone for their help and cooperation this past year.
“Why can’t I get married later than 3 pm on a Saturday?” This issue has come up a few times lately. The Church prohibits the celebration of marriages in a Sunday. Since our first ‘Sunday Mass’ is celebrated Saturdays at 5 pm. in Sheenboro each week, having a marriage celebration any later than 3 pm. would violate this Church law. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to speak to Fr. Tim for a more detailed explanation.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) We welcome Jaxson Hammond into the Church as he is to be baptized this weekend. Jaxson is the son of Jamie Hammond & Jennifer Lapierre and grandson of Suzanne Lapierre of St. Joseph. Please remember to pray that he has a long, faith-filled and happy life as a member of the Catholic Church.
2) Sorry that Bible Study had to be cancelled this past week. It will resume again this Thursday at 7 pm. in the St. Joseph’s rectory.
3) Have you checked out our parish website yet? If not, here’s the address so you can add it to your list of computer bookmarks: www.uppontiacparishes.wordpress.com.
4) Believe it or not, as we move into the summer season a priest’s weekend schedule of activities picks up quite dramatically with weddings, anniversary celebrations and other such events. This is why the diocese implemented a policy of prohibiting the delay of the funerals to a weekend unless it would be the natural time one would occur. I thank you for your understanding of this issue.
5) Does anyone have any novel suggestions for fundraising activities that would work for our parish communities? We soon need to begin generating funds for some major stone and structural work in Chapeau as well as for the new side entrance into the Church, the installation of a washroom in St. Joseph, and the replacement of the roof over the rectory and office. I appreciate that there are a number of other worthy fundraising drives underway on the Island and have held off asking for money so as not to impede their success. But we really cannot hold off much longer as the work cannot continue to be delayed. So any and all suggestions will be welcome to help us raise the needed funds for these projects.