Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Deceased Parents of Franҫoise & Pierre Vaillancourt|
By: Bonnie, Ken and Megan Donovan
|Vicente Arena & Felicita Mesias
By: James & Alicia Keogh
|Mr. Wilfred Lariviere & Eric Audet
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
|John, Peter & David Giroux
By: Frances, Florence & Grant Giroux
By: Ron & Carol Price
By: Maureen & Helen Morris
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Sheenboro||Patty Hansen||Doris Ranger|
|St. Joseph||Lawrence Duff||Ron Price|
|Chapeau||Julia Dyke||Nicole, André|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Shane Sullivan, Herman Morin, Dean Fitzpatrick, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|Chapeau||$ 1,488.00||Susanne Lapierre, Monday, September 26th|
PARISH SECRETARY: Will be taking some Holidays so for the next while she will not be in the office on Fridays. Thank you!
BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Holly Godin, daughter of Ricky Godin and Shelley Conroy and Daniel Chartrand son of Andre Chartrand and Jocelyne Lariviere. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 1st at St. Alphonsus Church.
-Chapeau Gallery News –
- The Gallery is open Saturday 11:00 – 3:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Looking for people interested in painting a gorgeous sunset in oil, sitting in a location near historical buildings with a beautiful view of the Ottawa River and the mountains in the background. Date to be determined. Preferably Tuesday evening or ? From 6 pm to sunset with refreshments to follow. For more details, contact Peggy at 819-689-5141.
- On October 13th, 4-8 pm, the Gallery is hosting a Bridal Show with Margaret Phillips of Creative Perspectives and in collaboration with the Brides 2B4 Earth Charter. Free admission. Everyone is welcome! We need models for the Bridal Show. If interested, contact Peggy. We will feature old wedding photos. If you want your family included contact Helen at 819-689-5271. Hope to see you there!
- Children’s Arts & Crafts Classes on Saturdays 9-12 pm, unlimited space. Contact Peggy 819-689-5141.
- Looking for a home for a female cat who was spayed on Thursday call Helen 819-689-5271 or Peggy at 819-689-5141.
JOSEPH ROAST BEEF SUPPER: will be held on Sunday, October 16th, 2016. You must buy your tickets in advance. Tickets are now available for the meal and can be purchased from Sharon Fitzpatrick 689-2907, Hazel Chassie 819-689-2609 and Donna Tierney 689-2558.
BIBLIOTHÈQUE/LIBRARY L’ISLE-AUX-ALLUMETTES & SHEENBORO
HEURES: mardi et jeudi: 18h00-21h00/HOURS: Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6pm-9pm
Prêts de livres, vidéos et disques compacts, offre de cartes musées prêts entre bibliothèques, accès d’Internet
Book, DVD & CD loans, museum passes, inter-library loans, Internet access.
Supper at St-Jean-Baptiste canceled: Please note that the supper that was to take place this Sunday, September 25th at St-Jean-Baptiste Parish, Pembroke, has to be canceled because the stove in the parish hall is in need of major repairs in order to be brought up to code.
7th ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE TO ST-JOSEPH’S ORATORY from the Dioceses of Ottawa, Gatineau, Pembroke, Mont Laurier, Alexandria/Cornwall and Kingston and for the YEAR OF MERCY a special visit and prayer ceremony to the Divine Mercy of Jesus Shrine in Montreal on Sunday, October 16, 2016. Together let us celebrate one last opportunity to participate in Pope Frances’ request of making a pilgrimage during the Year of Mercy which ends on the feast of Christ the King. Information: Frances Dagenais 613 732-2235.
ST. ALPHONSUS PARISH SUPPER: A financial statement for the Parish Supper will be provided shortly. We are awaiting a few more bills to come in first.
CATECHISM CLASSES: If you have a child in Grade 1, you should pre-register for the class. We will be sending registration forms home next week from School. We are planning to have the classes begin the first Sunday of November. Anyone who is interested in helping out with the classes, please contact Fr. Tim or Pauline at 819-689-5232 or attend the meeting on Tuesday, October 4th at 7 p.m. at St. Joseph Rectory. Thank you
THANK YOU: The Lawlor family would like to thank the members of the community for the thoughtfulness presented to us during our time of bereavement. We deeply appreciate your kind expression of sympathy in our time of great sorrow. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.
ST. JOSEPH RAFFLE TICKETS: 1) Are now available at the back of the church. Please return them to Donna or Sharon. 2) There are also meat envelopes available at the entrance of the church for anyone wishing to help out. Thank you.
THE TUESDAY SOCIAL CLUB: (sponsor’s by the Young at Heart) which has started up again On Tuesdays from 1 – 3 pm at Harrington Community Center. We visit, we knit, we play games, we make quilts & blankets and pillow case sun dresses. All of these go to help the less fortunate. We are also into fun. That’s why we have line dancing. We are once more collecting milk bags & can be dropped off at the back of the church. All are Welcome. Phone Sharon 819-689-2907, Angie 819-689-2486, and Bernie 819-689-5223.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Congratulation to Connor Lair (son of Scott Lair and Stacey Belaire) and Myah Gagnon (daughter of Ian & Lise Gagnon) who were baptized last Sunday. This weekend we welcome Jaxson Hemington (son of Terry Hemington & Lise Rivet) and Carson Fleury (son of Ashley Tessier & Tyler Fleury) into the Catholic faith as well. Please keep these infant Catholics and their families in your prayers.
2) Our sympathy to Jennifer Allard and Pat Trimm on the recent passing of their mother, Loella Trimm. Please remember the Trimm and Allard families in your thoughts and prayers.
3) There will be Bible Study class this week (no fooling this time!) on Thursday evening at 7 pm. New members are always welcome.
4) It has been decided that effective this week all weekday masses will be held in St. Joseph’s Church until further notice. This step has been taken to accommodate the construction crew who are starting the construction of the new side entrance this week with the demolition of the existing structure. We thank you for your patience and understanding.