Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Monday|| 11:00 AM
|Funeral Mass||Mary Frances Giroux|
|Funeral Mass||Marguerite St. Cyr|
By: Jackie & Bert Collin
|Jean D’Arc Gleason
By: Maureen & Helen Morris
By: Pat & Margaret Tallon
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Eulalia Ryan
Danny Allard & Andrew Gribbon
By: Allan & Mary Kate Duff
By: Mark, Lisa & Eric Deslaurier
By: Mado & Family
|Sheenboro||Donald Retty||Mary Edwards|
|St. Joseph||Sam McGuire||Margaret Tallon|
|Chapeau||Tom Carroll||Mariette, Meril|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Shane Sullivan, Herman Morin, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$665.00||Laetitia Tardiff (Oct 3rd)|
|Chapeau||$ 1,555.00||Anne Gagnon (Oct 10th)|
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE DRAWS FOR THE PARISH SUPPER: 50/50 DRAW$448.00 – Jean Guy Mainville, Raffle Tickets – $500.00 – Jerry Green, $300.00 – Gail Souliere, $200.00 – Suzanne Chaput, $100.00 – Lynn Dempsey, $100.00 – Shawn Martin, $100.00 – Helen Davis.
A Special thank you to our local sponsors on our Raffle Tickets!
ST. ALPHONSUS PARISH SUPPER: A financial statement for the Parish Supper will be provided shortly. We are awaiting a few more bills to come in first.
Chapeau CWL: will meet at Harrington Community Centre on Tuesday, Oct. 4th at 1 p.m. All are welcome!
Chapeau CWL: will be sponsoring card parties for the next three months. We will not be asking for sandwiches or squares but donations of prizes would help greatly. They could be given to Joan, Gail or Janie. Thank you for your participation in this way!
CATECHISM CLASSES: If you have a child in Grade 1, you should pre-register for the class. We will be sending registration forms home next week from School. We are planning to have the classes begin the first Sunday of November.
Anyone who is interested in helping out with the classes please contact Fr. Tim or Pauline at 819-689-5232 or attend the meeting on Tuesday, October 4th at 7 p.m. at St. Joseph Rectory. Thank you
ST. JOSEPH RAFFLE TICKETS: 1) are now available at the back of the church. Please return them to Donna or Sharon. 2) There are also meat envelopes available at the entrance of the church for anyone wishing to help out. Thank you.
THE TUESDAY SOCIAL CLUB: (sponsor’s by the Young at Heart) which has started up again On Tuesdays from 1 – 3 pm at Harrington Community Center. We visit, we knit, we play games, we make quilts & blankets and pillow case sun dresses. All of these go to help the less fortunate. We are also into fun. Thats why we have line dancing. We are once more collecting milk bags & can be dropped off at the back of the church. All are Welcome. Phone Sharon 819-689-2907, Angie 819-689-2486 and Bernie 819-689-5223.
Chapeau Gallery News –
- The Gallery is open Saturday 11:00 – 3:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Looking for people interested in painting a gorgeous sunset, sitting in a location near historical buildings with a beautiful view of the Ottawa River and the mountains in the background. Date to be determined. For more details, contact Peggy at 819-689-5141.
- On October 13th, 4-8 pm, the Gallery is hosting a Bridal Show with Margaret Phillips of Creative Perspectives and in collaboration with the Brides 2B4 Earth Charter. Free admission. Everyone is welcome! We need models for the Bridal Show. If interested, contact Peggy. We will feature old wedding photos. If you want your family included contact Helen at 819-689-5271. Hope to see you there!
- An Art Show and reception will be held at the Gallery, featuring children’s Arts & Crafts on Saturday, October 29th and Sunday, October 30th from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
- Still looking for a home for a female cat who was spayed female cat. Calling all cat lovers. Celebrating International Feral Cat Day on Sunday, October 16th 12 – 4 pm. Take part in the celebration at the Gallery and learn more about the low-cost spaying & neutering program in our area.
JOSEPH ROAST BEEF SUPPER: will be held on Sunday, October 16th, 2016. You must buy your tickets in advance. Tickets are now available for the meal and can be purchased from Sharon Fitzpatrick 689-2907, Hazel Chassie 819-689-2609 and Donna Tierney 689-2558.
YOGA WITH JASON: Yoga sessions will begin on Thursday, October 6th, 2016 from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM at the St. Joseph’s Senior Hall. A six week session costs $65. Drop in Cost $12. Everyone is welcome. Bring your mat.
MISSING: One 100 ft yellow extension cord that was used at the Parish Supper in Chapeau. If you have it or know where it might be, please call Henry Sallafranque at 819-689-2523.
GARAGE SALE – Saturday, October 15th from 8:00 to 4:00 at 43 Pembroke Rd in Chapeau. Furniture, appliances and much more.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS NEWS:
1)The next meeting of Knights of Columbus Council 1531 will be held in the K of C hall on Tuesday, Oct. 11 starting at 7:30 p.m.
2) Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will host Jancey Brown, communications co-ordinator of the Women’s Sexual Assault Centre, on Oct. 25 starting at 7 p.m. This event is open to all members, their families, and community at large and will be at the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue in Pembroke.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Attention St. Joseph’s Parishioners: We need to make a decision regarding work at the cemetery. The bush needs to be brushed back as it’s starting to encroach on the plots of each side. We’ve received an estimate to have a contractor do the work of approximately $4,000 plus taxes. We don’t have the money to do it at this time. So I ask you which way you would want to proceed: a) hold a series of monthly special collections to raise the funds and have the contractor do the work; or b) put a crew of volunteers together and spend a day working on a cemetery bee. Please contact either a member of the cemetery committee or myself with your opinion asap since we want to get the work done before the winter snows arrive. Thank you.
2) Please don’t forget our meeting of parish catechists this Tuesday at 7 pm in the St. Joseph’s Parish rectory. We need new volunteers to help replace folks who have retired after doing the job for many years.
3) Please remember to pray for the repose of the soul of Maurice Bissonnette of Chapeau whose funeral was celebrated this past week and for the consolation of his family. We also ask you to keep the family of Dean Fitzpatrick in your prayers. Dean was originally from St. Joseph’s Parish and his funeral took place in Ottawa this past Thursday. We extend our deepest sympathy to both the Bissonnette and Fitzpatrick families.
4) Bible Study class will be held again this Thursday evening at 7 pm. in the parish rectory.