Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: A Parishioner
By: Franҫoise & Pierre Vaillancourt
By: Helen & Maureen & Morris
By: Sharon Gribbon
By: Lorna & Vince Agnesi
|Annus & Vincey Lapierre
By: The Family
By: St. Alphonsus CWL
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Sheenboro||Francis Downey||Doris Ranger|
|St. Joseph||Eulalia Ryan||Elaine McGuire|
|Chapeau||Helen Nephin||Helen, Peter|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Shane Sullivan, Herman Morin, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|St. Joseph||Sharon Fitzpatrick, Monday October 24th|
|Chapeau||Susan Lapierre, Monday, October 18h|
CATECHISM CLASSES: If you have a child in Grade 1, you should pre-register for the class. We are planning to have the classes begin on Sunday, November 6th at 9:15 at Dr. Wilbert Keon School
BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Michelle Catherine Gagnon, daughter of Donna R Gagnon and Lee Thomas Frost son of Clarence Frost and Roseanne Fleury. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 22nd at St. Alphonsus Church.
SIDE ENTRANCE: Now that the work has begun on the Chapeau Church side entrance, we ask parishioners to please enter and exit via the front doors. The side door will only be used as an emergency exit until further notice. Thank you.
CHAPEAU CWL: will be sponsoring card parties for the next three months. We will not be asking for sandwiches or squares but donations of prizes would help greatly. They could be given to Joan, Gail or Janie. Thank you for your participation in this way!
ST. ALPHONSUS CWL CRAFT SALE & BRUNCH: is scheduled for Sunday, November 20th at Harrington Community Centre. More details to follow. Contact Joan 819-689-2523 to reserve your table.
THE TUESDAY SOCIAL CLUB: (sponsored by the Young at Heart) We wish to thank everyone for their support. Now we have 2 looms working making plastic sleeping mats. So please try to remember to bring in those milk bags. Thanks again. Sharon 819- 689-2907, Angie 819-689-2486 and Bernie 819-689-5223.
LION’S CLUB PANCAKE BREAKFAST: will be held on Sunday, October 30th from 8 am to 12 pm.
PARISH HARVEST FESTIVAL & HOT ROAST BEEF SUPPER– : The above will be held on Today, Sunday, October 16th at St. John Chrysostom Parish Hall in Arnprior from 11:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Father John Burchat and Parishioners extend a warm welcome to all.
YOGA WITH JASON: Yoga sessions began on Thursday, October 6th, 2016 from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM at the St. Joseph’s Senior Hall. A six-week session costs $65. Drop in Cost $12. Everyone is welcome. Bring your mat.
MISSING: One 100 ft yellow extension cord that was used at the Parish Supper in Chapeau. If you have it or know where it might be, please call Henry Sallafranque at 819-689-2523.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will host Jancey Brown, communications co-ordinator of the Women’s Sexual Assault Centre, on Oct. 25 starting at 7 p.m. This event is open to all members, their families and community at large and will be at the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue in Pembroke.
Chapeau Gallery News –
- An Art Show and reception will be held at the Gallery, featuring children’s Arts & Crafts on Saturday, October 29th and Sunday, October 30th from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
- Still looking for a home for a female cat who was spayed female cat. Calling all cat lovers. Celebrating International Feral Cat Day on Sunday, October 16th 12 – 4 pm. Take part in the celebration today at the Gallery and learn more about the low-cost spaying & neutering program in our area. T-shirts for sale to sponsor this program.
- On Saturday, October 29th and Sunday, October 30th, 10-3 pm, the members are having a “Clothing Giveaway” (used, good condition and seasonal) for infants, children, girls, boys, teenagers, women and men of various sizes. Bring your own bag!
Good News!: Ashton Godin, infant granddaughter of Pauline, our parish secretary is finally being released from the hospital this weekend. We thank everyone for their tremendous material and prayerful support for Ashton and her mother Tasha during the long months that she was in the hospital.
CHAPEAU RA «Haunted Walk» 3 Linus Hearty Drive – October 26 from 7pm.-8h30pm, admission $3 and refreshments available. Come have a barrel of laughs and a spooky time.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) There will be a St. Joseph’s Cemetery work bee on Saturday, October 22 beginning at 9 am. Please call Denzil Spence if you are willing to participate so that he can figure out how many will be coming and what tools they will be bringing. His phone number is 819-689-5050. I thank everyone in advance for your assistance. Your efforts will result in major savings for the cemetery account.
2) While we’re on the subject of cemeteries, I want to remind everyone of a few basic rules. a) The parish office must be called before any/all foundations or monuments are installed. Failure to do this may result in you having to pay to have your monument moved at your expense. This has happened three times in recent months. b) No one is allowed to plant anything with a monument. All shrubs, trees, or flowers planted will be removed without notice. Please remember that what you purchase is the right to bury someone in a plot. You do not own the plot as ownership remains with the parish.
3) I’ve had a number of people speak to me about last weekend’s request regarding Sunday collections. The fact of the matter is that at current levels, we are unable to pay for the costs of each parish. We need you to consider increasing your weekly contributions not only to pay our immediate bills but also so that we can start to build up some savings in the bank to deal with future unexpected expenses or projects. To give you a guideline to judge whether or not your weekly support is sufficient, please understand that we must receive an average of at least $20.00 per envelope each week to meet this goal. If you are currently offering more… thank you very much. Your generosity is GREATLY appreciated. If you are offering less, I ask you to consider increasing your contribution to match the average. If we all do our part, we will have no problems now or in the future.
4) We welcome Elliot Bouchard, infant son of Kristen Hynes and Daniel Bouchard who was baptized in Chapeau this past weekend.