Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: The Gagnon Family
|The Gagnon Family
By: Claire Gagnon
By: Linus Sullivan
By: Jean Gallagher
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Marilyn Sullivan Crozon
|Francis & Jacqueline Lepine
By: Pauline & Family
Deceased members of the CWL
|Sheenboro||Donald Retty||Doris Ranger|
|St. Joseph||Lawrence Duff||Margaret Tallon|
|Chapeau||André Chartrand||André, Mariette|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Shane Sullivan, Herman Morin, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$734.00||Janet Retty, Monday, November7th|
|Chapeau||$1,754.00||Donna Gagnon, Monday November 14th|
BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Stephanie Morris daughter of Joanne Morris and Shamus Morris and Raymond Vaillancourt son of Anne Marie Keon and Andre Vaillancourt. The Wedding will be celebrated on November 12th at St. Alphonsus at 4 p.m. & Fr. Tom Fitzpatrick will be officiating.
CHAPEAU CWL: will be sponsoring card parties for the next three months. We will not be asking for sandwiches or squares but donations of prizes would help greatly. They could be given to Joan, Gail or Janie. Thank you for your participation in this way!
St. Alphonsus Craft Sale and Brunch is scheduled for Sunday, November 20that Harrington Community Centre. Contact Joan (819-689-5223) to reserve your table.
There will be a box at the Chapeau church two Sundays before the brunch for non-perishable donations for the tote (dice prize). Every item is appreciated and will help fill the tote.
FLU SHOTS: will be available to everyone on Monday, November 14 from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm and on Monday, November 28th at Harrington Community Centre from 1:00 pm to 6:30 p.m. Please bring your medical card.
ST. JOSEPH C.W.L: will have a short meeting on Thursday, November 10th after the 10:00 a.m. mass. Thank you!
THANK YOU: to Lois & Barry Ferguson for the beautiful ferns and to those who recited the rosary before mass. Thank you!
REMEMBRANCE DAY IN SHEENBORO: Remembrance Day in Sheenboro will be celebrated on November 6, 2016. Mass will be held at 11 am, followed by Remembrance Day ceremonies that will be held at the Cenetaph. The Sheenboro Recreation Association is hosting a roast beef dinner following the Remembrance Day mass on November 6th. Due to increased food costs, we will be charging $10 per adult and $5 for children under 12. Veterans, soldiers and children under 5 eat for free. We are asking the community for donations of pie for dessert. The sign-up sheet is at the back of the church or you may call Jean Lebel at 819-689-2119 or email email@example.com
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: The next regular meeting of Bishop N.Z. Lorrain Council 1531 will be held Tuesday, Nov. 8 at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Ellis Avenue, Pembroke at 7:30 p.m.
Bishop N.Z. Lorrain Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will host its annual memorial mass for deceased members of the third and fourth degrees on Nov. 29 at 7 p.m. at the Church of the Most Holy Name at 7 p.m. The mass is open to all members, their families, parishes and community at large.
THE TUESDAY SOCIAL CLUB: (sponsored by the Young at Heart) We wish to thank everyone for their support. Now we have 2 looms working making plastic sleeping mats. So please try to remember to bring in those milk bags. Thanks again. Sharon 819- 689-2907, Angie 819-689-2486 and Bernie 819-689-5223.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: A reminder to all members of Bishop N.Z. Lorrain Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus that the 2017membership fees will become due on the first Sunday in December. Please send your payment to Darryl Reynolds at 343 Broadview Drive, Pembroke, K8A 2A6. Members will also be able to pay at the December Christmas party.
A GREAT CONCERT FOR A GREAT CAUSE: will be held on Saturday, November 26th at 8:00 p.m. at St. Alphonsus Church featuring DANIEL LAFLEUR, ORGANISTE/ORGANIST
Les plus belles musiques pour orgue de Bachy, Pachelbel et bien plus encore! ALSO: singer DONNA GAGNON. All benefits go to Foundation Culture Outaouais – Tickets: $25 (or $40 for VIP tickets reserved in advance, including cocktail) At the door, or in advance on https://concertsaintalphonse.eventbrite.ca
ST. ALPHONSUS & ST. JOSEPH’S: Sheets are available at the back of the church showing the profit we made at our Parish Suppers! Another successful year! Thank you to all Volunteers!
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) My thanks to Fathers Chabot, Fitzpatrick, and Costello who replaced me this weekend as I’m away in Toronto for a family wedding. I am grateful for their assistance.
2) The class for the confirmation students will be held next Sunday after the 10:30 mass in Chapeau.
3) Bible Study class will be on Thursday at 7 pm at St. Joseph’s as per usual. Please remember that while we already have a good sized group that gathers each week, new members are always welcome.
4) Best wishes to Pauline Lepine, our parish secretary who celebrated (again) her 29th birthday this past Thursday. May God grant her the best of graces for her diligent and excellent service to the parish and our communities.
5) Please be generous in donating to the ‘Friends of Peru’ mission once again this year. Envelopes are available at the entrance to each of the churches.
6) Mark your calendars on Saturday, Nov. 26th for a Concert Organ Recital to be held at St. Alphonsus Church at 8 pm. Tickets are $25 for the concert only, or $40 for those interested in a wine and cheese reception before the concert in the Chapeau Gallery. See the posters and programs in the churches for more information.
7) Confirmation for the students who took the preparation course with me last year will be celebrated on Sunday, November 20th at the 9 am Mass in St. Joseph’s. Please contact the office (819-689-5232) to let us know you will be attending. There will be a practice the day before at 11 am. in St. Joseph’s.