Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Stephen & Frances Morris
By: The Family
By: Dale Brennan
By: Rosemary Ryan
By: Jean Gallagher
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Harold & Iveagh Duff
By: Leonard & Atje Duff
Norma Culleton & Deceased Family members
By: The Family
By: Lois & Barry
By: Mado & Family
|Sheenboro||Karen Shea||Mary Edwards|
|St. Joseph||Sam McGuire||Rita Keogh-Cortolezzis|
|Chapeau||Colleen Fleming||Peter, Meril|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Lauretta Reid, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Shane Sullivan, Herman Morin, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$ 1,330.00||Laetitia Tardiff Peacock, Monday, November 21st|
|Chapeau||$1,760.00||Donna Gagnon, Monday November 14th|
FLU SHOTS: will be available to everyone on Monday, November 14 from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm and on Monday, November 28th at Harrington Community Centre from 1:00 pm to 6:30 p.m. Please bring your medical card.
CHAPEAU CWL: will be sponsoring card parties for the next three months. We will not be asking for sandwiches or squares but donations of prizes would help greatly. They could be given to Joan, Gail or Janie. Thank you for your participation in this way!
St. Alphonsus Craft Sale and Brunch is scheduled for Sunday, November 20th at Harrington Community Centre. Contact Joan (819-689-5223) to reserve your table.
There will be a box at church two Sundays before the brunch for non-perishable donations for the tote (dice prize). Every item is appreciated and will help fill the tote.
YOUNG AT HEART – CHRISTMAS PARTY: will be held on Wednesday, December 7th at 1:00 p.m. Roast beef dinner will be catered by Cheryl Smith. Cost per plate is members $20 and non-members $22. There will be music, door prizes and BYOB. Please get your tickets early by any of the Directors. Thank you.
NOËL CHRISTMAS BRUNCH: will be held on Sunday November 20th, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at St. Anne Parish in Île-du-Grand-Calumet, QC.(Municipal Hall,8 montée Monseigneur Martel) Cost is Adults $12.00 and Children 10 and under $5.00. Bake Sale, Artisans’Market and draws. Everyone Welcome! Please bring a non-perishable food item to the Brunch for a dontation to Bouffe Pontiac.
NEW: 2016 CWL Cookbook La Bonne Bouffe de L’Île-du-Grand-Calumet. Excellent Christmas gift Idea! $15.00 Contact
ÉCOLE SECONDAIRE SIEUR DE COULONGE: Il y aura une soirée de bulletins le jeudi 17 novembre 2016 de 18h30 à 21h00 et vendredi le 18 novembre de 9h00 à 11h00 à l’école secondaire Sieur-de-Coulonge. Venez rencontrer les enseignants de vos enfants.
THE TUESDAY SOCIAL CLUB: (sponsored by the Young at Heart) We wish to thank everyone for their support. Now we have 2 looms working making plastic sleeping mats. So please try to remember to bring in those milk bags. Thanks again. Sharon 819- 689-2907, Angie 819-689-2486 and Bernie 819-689-5223.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Bishop N.Z. Lorrain Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will host its annual memorial mass for deceased members of the third and fourth degrees on Nov. 29 at 7 p.m. at the Church of the Most Holy Name at 7 p.m. The mass is open to all members, their families, parishes and community at large.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: A reminder to all members of Bishop N.Z. Lorrain Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus that the 2017 membership fees will become due on the first Sunday in December. Please send your payment to Darryl Reynolds at 343 Broadview Drive, Pembroke, K8A 2A6. Members will also be able to pay 8 at the December Christmas party.
A GREAT CONCERT FOR A GREAT CAUSE: will be held on Saturday, November 26th at 8:00 p.m. at St. Alphonsus Church featuring DANIEL LAFLEUR, ORGANISTE/ORGANIST
Les plus belles musiques pour orgue de Bach, Pachelbel et bien plus encore! ALSO: singer DONNA GAGNON. All benefits go to Foundation Culture Outaouais – Tickets: $25 (or $40 for VIP tickets reserved in advance, including cocktail) At the door, or in advance on https://concertsaintalphonse.eventbrite.ca or tickets can be purchased from Helen Davis 819-689-5271 or Gene O’Brien 819-689-2410. Thank you.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Bible study classes continue on Thursday evening at 7 pm in the St. Joseph’s Rectory.
2) Our sympathies go out to the family of Mary Margaret Lampkin who passed away this week. Her funeral was celebrated in Sheenboro on Saturday. Please keep her family in your prayers.
3) Confirmation will be celebrated on Sunday, November 20th at the 9 am mass in St. Joseph’s when we welcome Bishop Mulhall among us. There will be a practice for the candidates on Saturday morning (Nov. 19) at 11 am in that church. Only students who completed the course last year and who attend the practice will be confirmed.
4) As we continue with our various repairs and constructions projects I once again ask everyone to consider whether or not you can increase your financial support of our churches. We need to raise well in excess of $500,000 combined over the next five years to complete these needed projects.
5) The Chapeau CWL continues to look for members who can step forward and help with their various activities throughout the year. They accomplish a great deal of work behind the scenes all year and could really benefit from more hands to help with these projects. Feel free to speak with any of the members of the executive if you want more information. Better yet, why not come out to one of their monthly meetings and learn just how much this valuable organization does for all our benefit.
6) Mark your calendars on Saturday, Nov. 26th for a Concert Organ Recital to be held at St. Alphonsus Church at 8 pm. Tickets are $25 for the concert only, or $40 for those interested in a wine and cheese reception before the concert in the Chapeau Gallery. See the posters and programs in the churches for more information.