Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Claudette Vaillancourt
|Intentions of Fr. G. MacCrea
By: Maria DeSouza
By: Terry & Sheila Morris
By: Brian & Melissa Dubeau
By: Don & Angie Retty
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Rémi & Marielle Lair
By: Marie & Paul Sallafranque
By: his wife Theresa Gagnon
|Sheenboro||Karen Shea||Mary Edwards|
|St. Joseph||Denzil Spence||Elaine McGuire|
|Chapeau||Bernie Hendry||Bernie, Nicole|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Lauretta Reid, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Shane Sullivan, Herman Morin, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger, Lucy Sullivan, Donald Retty.
|Sheen||$675.00||Monday, January 23rd, Janet Retty|
|St. Joseph||$1.330.00||Monday, Jan. 16th Sharon Fitzpatrick|
2017 BOXES OF ENVELOPES: are now available in the churches for pick up. If you are new to the Parish or if your name is not on any of the boxes, please feel free to take a blank box and put your name and address on your first couple of envelopes so we can enter it into the system. Thank you so much.
ST. ALPHONSUS: The new list for Eucharistic Ministers and Lectors is available in the sacristy. Thank you!
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: will sponsor a Card Party for our Peruvian child at Harrington Community Centre this Sunday, January 15. Registration at 12:30 and cards begin at 1 p.m. Light lunch will be served. Welcome all.
CWL MEMBERSHIP FEES ($20.00) will be due early in the New Year. Kindly use the envelope in your box or a regular one marked “CWL FEES” with your name on it. It can be put in the collection basket or given to a member.
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: The box for used stamps is still at the back of the church. One thing to remember when cutting them- please leave ½ inch of paper all around the stamps.
TUESDAY SOCIAL CLUB: will start up again on Tuesday, January 17th at 12:30 pm and go until 3:00 pm. Welcome everyone. Come and see our flying fingers in action knitting & crochet lessons available. Thank you for the milk bags. Keep them coming. We also welcome donations of yarn. For more information call Angie 689-2486, Sharon 689-2907, and Bernie 689-5223. Thank you! I hope you have a happy & healthy new year. Bernie
LION’S CLUB PANCAKE BREAKFAST: will be held on Sunday, January 29th from 8 am to 12 pm.
THANK YOU: A big thank you to everybody who came to our Mom’s 75th Surprise Birthday Party for Madeleine Chaput. A good time was had by all. Mom was truly surprised and very happy to see all her family & friends. We are truly blessed to still have our mother and & count our blessings daily. Thank you to everybody who helped make this day very special. Love your daughters Lisa, Lila and Noella.
UPPER PONTIAC SPORTS COMPLEX : We would like to thank all of our sponsors for the month of December. A big thanks to Derek Fleming, Dubeau’s Grocery, L’ancienne Banque and SRB technologies. If you would like to sponsor a Friday night skating, please contact Dave Vaillancourt at (613)401-6953.
The Office of Faith Formation of the Diocese of Pembroke invites you to join them for an Informative Session on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide with Father Ryan Holly and Deacon Adrien Chaput. “Say No to Euthanasia” will be held on Monday, January 30, 2017 at St. Columbkille’s Cathedral Parish Hall 188 Renfrew Street, Pembroke, and on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at St. Francis Xavier Parish Hall 331 Plaunt Street, Renfrew. For more information please contact Deacon Adrien Chaput at 613-732-7933 ext. 206 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity: This year, St-Jean-Baptiste Parish, Pembroke, will welcome the Christian community (Catholic and Protestant, anglophone and francophone) of the region to celebrate the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. There will be a potluck supper in the parish hall at St-Jean-Baptiste at 5:00 p.m. on January 22, followed by a Liturgy of the Word (bilingual) at 6:30 p.m. Everyone welcome.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Dr. Scott Murray of Pembroke will be featured speaker at the January 24 meeting of the Knights of Columbus in Pembroke. His topic will be prostate diseases of today. The meeting is open to all members, their families and the community. It starts at 7 p.m. in the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS__MARCH 26,2017
ST. ALPHONSUS FUNDRAISER – SPRING CONCERT AND DINNER
– Reserve your ticket(s) – $20 – Dinner and Concert and $10 – Concert only . Limited 200 dinner tickets. Also, planning a Silent Auction – If you are interested to donate a prize or purchase ticket(s), please contact Gene O’Brien at 819-689-2410 and Helen Davis 819-689-5271. COME AND SUPPORT YOUR CHURCH!!
There will be a SURPRISE 98TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION for Gordon McCrea at the Pinewood Retirement Residence on Sunday January 22nd from 2 pm until 4 pm. Everyone Welcome! Best Wishes only!
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Our sympathies and prayers go out to the families of George Sullivan (Sheenboro) and Rita O’Brien (Chapeau) who both died at the end of this past week. Mr. Sullivan’s funeral was celebrated in Sheenboro on Saturday. Miss O’Brien’s wake will be at Hayes Funeral Chapel on Monday 2-5, 7-9 pm and her funeral in St. Alphonsus Parish on Tuesday at 11 am.
2) Congratulations to three children who are being baptized this weekend. They are: Paisley Denetta Marie Norwich, daughter of Joshua Norwich and Katie Connor; Ellen Mary Nephin, daughter of Jessica Nephin; and Chase Emerson John Fleming, son of Robert Fleming and Samantha Demers.
3) Bible Study class continues on Thursday evenings at 7 pm in the St. Joseph’s Rectory.
4) Attention St. Joseph’s Parishioners: We will be continuing with the 2nd phase of our church bathroom project this winter. Hopefully, it will soon be completed. We will also be converting the sacristy into a meeting room so that we will have a place to hold meetings in both St. Joseph’s and Chapeau (once the construction project there comes to a completion… eventually). We will be installing video displays in both rooms to be able to start offering a series of courses beginning this Lent to help us develop a deeper Catholic faith. Watch here for upcoming announcements.
5) I’ve added a flyer to this weekend’s bulletin entitled ‘What your pastor won’t tell you about parish giving’. It’s an excellent article that I hope everyone will read and respond well to. In that same spirit, we will be posting the financial statements for 2016 in each of the three churches as well as on the parish website (www.uppontiacparishes.wordpress.com). Feel free to ask me any questions once you’ve had a chance to peruse the documents.
6) Finally, I wish to offer my personal thanks for the many generous gifts I received from parishioners over the Christmas season. Your many kindnesses were very much appreciated. Thank you one and all.