Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Peter & Nora Smith
By: Don & Angie Retty
|For the intentions Fr. MacRae
By: Maria DeSouza
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Chapeau||Marlene Adam||Merril, André|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Judy Bechamp, Andrew Bechamp, Billy Brennan, Lauretta Reid, Donald Retty, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Herman Morin, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|St. Joseph||$1,600.00||Monday, January 30th, Laetita Tardiff Peacock|
|Chapeau||$1,705.00||Monday, February 6th, Donna Gagnon|
2017 BOXES OF ENVELOPES: are now available in the churches for pick up. If you are new to the Parish or if your name is not on any of the boxes, please feel free to take a blank box and put your name and address on your first couple of envelopes so we can enter it into the system. Thank you so much.
LION’S CLUB PANCAKE BREAKFAST: will be held this Sunday, January 29th from 8 am to 12 pm.
CWL MEMBERSHIP FEES ($20.00) will be due early in the New Year. Kindly use the envelope in your box or a regular one marked “CWL FEES” with your name on it. It can be put in the collection basket or given to a member.
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: will sponsor a CARD PARTY on Sunday, February 5 at Harrington Community Centre. Registration at 12:30 and cards at 1:00 p.m. Proceeds will go to the Coady Institute (St. Xavier’s University) which helps people worldwide to overcome poverty and build their own future. Light lunch will be served and everyone is welcome.
YOGA WITH JASON: Yoga sessions have restarted again on Thursday, January 19th from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM at the St. Joseph’s Senior Hall. A six-week session costs $65. Drop in Cost $12. Everyone is welcome! Please bring your mat.
CHILDREN’S CATECHISM CLASS: The next Catechism class will take place on Sunday, February 5th at 9:15 a.m. Dr. Wilbert Keon School.
THANK YOU: ‘G’Day, G’Day!’ I wish to thank you for your generous gifts in the wake of my recent car accident. I look forward to using them on the purchase of a vehicle once I’m solidly back on my feet once again. Sincerely,
‘Rev. Long Winded’ (aka, Fr. Tom Fitzpatrick)
UPPER PONTIAC SPORTS COMPLEX: We would like to thank all of our sponsors for the month of December. A big thanks to Derek Fleming, Dubeau’s Grocery, L’Ancienne Banque and SRB technologies. If you would like to sponsor a Friday night skating please contact Dave Vaillancourt at (613) 401-6953.
The Office of Faith Formation of the Diocese of Pembroke invites you to join them for an Informative Session on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide with Father Ryan Holly and Deacon Adrien Chaput. “Say No to Euthanasia” will be held on Monday, January 30, 2017 at St. Columbkille’s Cathedral Parish Hall 188 Renfrew Street, Pembroke; Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at St. Francis Xavier Parish Hall 331 Plaunt Street, Renfrew; Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at Paroisse St-Pierre, Fort-Coulonge; Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at St. Lawrence O’Toole, Barry’s Bay. All sessions begin at 6:30 pm. For more information please contact Deacon Adrien Chaput at 613-732-7933 ext. 206 or at email@example.com.
SOUP SENSATIONS: “Soup Sensations!” is an annual fundraiser for First Step Options – Pregnancy Resource Centre serving Pembroke and area. This unique event will be held at St. John’s Lutheran Church Hall, 357 Miller St. on Thursday, February 2nd from 11 to 2 and 4 to 7. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for 6-12 years.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: The next regular meeting of Bishop N.Z. Lorrain council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus is set for Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 7:30 p.m. in the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: will host its annual sliding party at the Carefor hill on MacKay Street on February 5, as part of Snow Spree. Hot dogs and hot chocolate available for the children.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: are having a meeting on Feb. 28 meeting of the Knights of Columbus. The meeting is set for 7 p.m. in the K of C hall on Ellis Avenue in Pembroke. Tina Belanger and the board of directors at Columbus House will give an update on the organization. Everyone is welcome.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS MARCH 26, 2017
ST. ALPHONSUS FUNDRAISER – SPRING CONCERT AND DINNER
– Reserve your ticket(s) – $20 – Dinner and Concert and
– $10 Concert only. Limited 200 dinner tickets. Also, planning a Silent Auction – If you are interested in donating a prize or to purchase ticket(s), please contact Gene O’Brien at 819-689-2410 and Helen Davis 819-689-5271.
COME AND SUPPORT YOUR CHURCH!
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Well folks, I’m off to the States for 10 days to make my annual retreat starting next weekend. Unfortunately because of Fr. Tom Fitzpatrick’s car accident and Fr. Mike Costello’s hospitalization, we lost the priests who were to replace me for the weekends of February 4/5 and 11/12 and it isn’t possible to find someone who can cover the complete schedule on such short notice. So next weekend (Feb. 4/5) there will only be one mass on the weekend in Chapeau at 10:30 am with Bishop Mulhall as the celebrant. I ask that all parishioners from the three churches attend to that one mass. Please use your regular envelopes for the collection and the funds will go to your own church. The following weekend (Feb 11/12) I return late on Saturday night so there will be no mass in Sheenboro, but there will be masses in both St. Joseph’s and Chapeau at the regular times. Any funerals will be covered by the priests in the area. I trust and pray that everyone will understand that it is only because of the unusual circumstances beyond our control that we have had to cancel some masses. I thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2) We’ve been revising our bulletin prayer list by removing some who have recovered from their ailments while adding a few more who have recently fallen ill. If you ever want to have someone added to this list, just call or email the office and we will be glad to add their name to the announcement.
3) Bible Study classes will resume on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7 pm in the parish rectory in St. Joseph’s. We are going to start a journey through the Book of Revelations so now would be a great time to join the group!
4) NOTICE for the Confirmation students that meet with Fr. Tim. Because I will away on retreat at the start of February our class is rescheduled to Sunday, February 19th following the 10:30 am. Chapeau mass. Please ensure that you have read the assigned chapters for that class!!
5) The 2016 Financial Statements for each parish are now available in each of the churches. I will also attempt to post them on the parish website (www.uppontiacparishes.wordpress.com) for your perusal. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I’ll do my best to answer any questions or concerns you might have.