Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Funeral Mass for Glenn Lapierre|
|For the intentions of Fr. MacRae
By: Maria DeSouza
|Frances & Stephen Morris
By: The Family
By: Verna & Pat Mercier
|Special intention Joan Pelletier
By Gerard & Gilles Audet
|3rd Sunday of Lent||Lucy & George Sullivan
By: Teresa Downey & Family
By: Laetitia Tardiff Peacock
|3rd Sunday of Lent||Missa Pro Populo|
|3rd Sunday of Lent||Mike & Andrew Keon
By: Mado & Family
By: St. Alphonsus C.W.L.
|Sheenboro||Frances Downey||Doris Ranger|
|St. Joseph||Denzil Spence||Paul Morris|
|Chapeau||Peter Smith||Peter, Nicole|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Elmer Gallagher, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Judy Bechamp, Billy Brennan, Lauretta Reid, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Herman Morin, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$962.00||Janet Retty, Monday March 13th|
|Chapeau||$2,197.00||Donna Gagnon, Monday, March 20th|
2017 BOXES OF ENVELOPES: are now available in the churches for pick up. If you are new to the Parish or if your name is not on any of the boxes, please feel free to take a blank box and put your name and address on your first couple of envelopes so we can enter it into the system. Thank you so much.
CHRISM MASS: all parishioners are invited to the Chrism Mass which will be celebrated at St. Columbkille Cathedral on Tuesday of Holy Week, April 11, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. The Bishop will bless the Oil of Catechumens, the Oil of the Sick and he will consecrate the Holy Chrism.
UPPER PONTIAC SPORTS COMPLEX: We would like to thank our sponsors for the months of January & February. A big thank you to Ian Gagnon Garage & Towing, Milton Kidd & Sons, Chapeau District Lions Club, Chapeau C.W.L, Winston Sunstrum & Family, Sullivan Homestead/Donovan Sullivan & Chapeau R.A.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: The next regular meeting will be held Tuesday, March 14 at the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue, Pembroke. It starts at 7:30 p.m.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: The annual Irish Play, sponsored by the Columbus Drama Club, will be held March 12 (1:30 p.m.) and March 15, 16 and 17 (all at 7:30 p.m.) in the Knights of Columbus Hall, Ellis Avenue, Pembroke. Tickets are available at all three Mulvihill Pharmacy locations, CNIB Corner Store at WalMart, and O’Grady’s Flowers and Gifts in Eganville. Cost is $15 in advance and $18 at the door.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Knight of Columbus Council 1531 in Pembroke will host its annual Lenten Retreat on March 28 starting at 7 p.m. Father Michael Weitl will be the speaker. This event is open to everyone.
COLLECTION COUNTERS: Looking for a few more volunteer counters from each Parish for Monday’s from 9:00 a.m. to 1030 a.m.. If interested please contact the office to give your name 819-689-5232. Thank you.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS MARCH 26, 2017
ST. ALPHONSUS FUNDRAISER – SPRING CONCERT AND DINNER
– Reserve your ticket(s) – $20 – Dinner (5:30 p.m. and Concert (3:00 p.m. and
– $10 Concert only. Limited 200 dinner tickets. Tickets available from Pauline at Parish Office. Also, planning a Silent Auction – If you are interested in donating a prize or to purchase ticket(s), please contact Gene O’Brien at 819-689-2410 and Helen Davis 819-689-5271. COME AND SUPPORT YOUR CHURCH! Tickets are available after mass on Sunday March 12th, 19th and 26th.
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: Thank you to all those members who have paid their membership fees ($20.00). Anyone who intends to pay their fees and hasn’t already done so, we’d appreciate receiving them ASAP.
YOUNG AT HEART NEWS: On Wednesday, March 15th at 12:00 p.m. Irish Stew will be served free for all its’ members. Come out and wear green.
ANNUAL LENTEN DAY OF REFLECTION: Annual Lenten Day of Reflection; “Jesus, the Mercy of God”: with Fr. Howard Chabot and Deacon Adrien Chaput at St. John Chrysostom Parish Hall in Arnprior on Saturday, April 8th from 10:00 a.m. (9:00 a.m. coffee/muffins) until 2:00 p.m. There is no fee for the day but registration is required by calling the parish office or 613-623-3722 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org since a lunch will be provided. Last date to register will be Wednesday, April 5th. Everyone is welcome!
SOCCER REGISTRATION: Soccer Registration will take place on Tuesday, March 15 and Wednesday March 16 at Harrington Community Centre from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Children 5 to 17. Will accept children that are age of 4 years old before March 31stas well. For more info check out the bulletin board.
LAUGHTER YOGA AT CHAPEAU ART GALLERY: beginning on Tuesday, March 14th from 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Bring your Yoga matt or towel. Everyone Welcomed! Free will offering. For more info contact Dagmar 819-689-5039 or Donna 819-689-5344. See you there! Ha, Ha, Hee, Hee………..
ATTENTION CHAPEAU PARISHIONERS: We will have a public parish meeting immediately after next Sunday’s mass (March 19th) to inform everyone about the various repair and renovation projects that we will be undertaking over the next five years. We will be asking for your financial support over that period so you might want to spend a few minutes next Sunday to see what’s going to be done to the Church.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) The Stations of the Cross will be celebrated this coming Friday at 7 pm in Chapeau.
2) We welcome Fr. Mitch back to Sheenboro next Saturday at the 5 pm mass as he brings a statue of St. Patrick to adorn that church. A potluck supper will follow in the Parish Hall. If you are willing to contribute something to the meal, please give Betty Morris (689-5023) or Laetitia Peacock (689-2039) a call or sign up on the sheet at the entrance to St. Paul the Hermit.
3) Our sympathy and prayers go out to the family of Glenn Lapierre of St. Joseph’s parish who passed last Sunday. His funeral will be celebrated in St. Joseph’s at 11 am on Monday. Please keep his family in your prayers.
4) We also offer our prayers and condolences to the Retty family as they grieve the death of Donald Retty from Sheenboro. Don was an active participant in the life of St. Paul the Hermit Parish and I trust that he too is well received by God into his eternal life.
5) We welcome Blake Willow Hearty and Billie Rose Dufour who were recently welcomed into our Catholic faith through the sacrament of baptism in Chapeau.
6) Our MP, Mr. Will Amos will be making a grant presentation to St. Alphonsus Church this Monday afternoon at 1 pm in the Chapeau Computer Centre. Everyone is invited to come out and share in this event. Special thanks to Mariette Sallafranque-Fleury for her assistance in preparing all the documentation needed for the parish to submit our application. We couldn’t have done it without her assistance!
7) Q) What immediately follows after the recessional hymn in churches this weekend? A) The arrival of all those folks who forgot to turn their clocks ahead one hour before they went to bed! Daylight Savings Time kicks in this weekend folks so I hope you remembered to ‘spring ahead’ with the rest of us.