Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Ronald & Rose Keogh & Deceased Family Members
By: The Family
By: Helen & Shannon Fitzpatrick
By: Donna & Family
Darrell Belland & for the intentions of Judy Bechamp
By: Poncho, Andre, Naomi and Nathan
|Sheenboro||Sandra Brennan||Peter Gleason|
|St. Joseph||Lawrence Duff||Elaine McGuire|
|Chapeau||Marlene Adam||Peter, Meril|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK Viola Fleury, Cindy Chevalier, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Judy Bechamp, Lauretta Reid, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
|Parish||Collection||Counter (Monday’s at 9:00 a.m.)|
|St. Joseph||$1,888.00||Sharon Fitzpatrick, Monday, July 31st|
|Chapeau||$1,630.00||Mariette Sallafranque, Tuesday, August 8th|
OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED EVERY FRIDAY FOR THE SUMMER MONTHS.
MARRIAGE BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Matthew Karl Juliusson son of Stefan Tait and Christina Juluisson-Morse and Marie Louise Lair daughter of Pierre Lair and Edith Adam. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 PM on Saturday, August 12, 2017 at St. Alphonsus Church.
Here’s a little Catholic humour to brighten your day!
– I was going to tell you about all the drama at the convent, but then remembered… it’s nun of your business.
– How do you make holy water? You boil the hell out of it.
– What do you call a sleepwalking priest? A “roamin’” Catholic
‘’Wings of Remembrance – Butterfly Release’’: Carefor & Community Services of Pembroke will be hosting the above on Sunday, August 20, 2017 from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. on the back lawn of Carefor Mackay Centre, 700 Mackay St., Pembroke. The event, including family activities for all ages, will provide an opportunity for all to remember family and friends by releasing a butterfly in their memory. Butterflies are $25 ($20 donation receipt). Call 613-732-3949 ext. 1115 before August 14th to purchase a butterfly. You do not need to purchase a butterfly to attend.
On the occasion of the 150th Anniversary of Canada, there is a one-day bus trip to Ottawa on September 6th for $139 per person. Twenty dollars is required now to reserve your seat. Call Mariette Gaudette at 819-689-2544 for more information.
ROY’S ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT: Friday, August 4th at Island Brae Golf Course & Club de Golf Pontefract. Proceeds to the Pontiac West Fire Services and Residence Meilleur. Entry Fee $60 includes (golf, supper, prizes) Golf only $40 Supper only $30. Supper served at Sheenboro Parish Hall 6 pm (salad, steak, baked potato, dessert) Register in advance at George’s bar 819-689-2715 Book your carts in advance!!
MEETING: ” The public is invited to an information session on the Nuclear Waste Disposal Site on Thursday, August 3, 6 pm, at the St. Joseph Municipal Hall. Staff from Canadian Nuclear Laboratories, Chalk River will be on hand for information sharing, presentation and questions.”
Chapeau Gallery News: The Gallery is open for the summer – Friday, Saturday and Sundays – 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. Come visit the artists and artisans new creations. Featuring- paintings, pen and ink prints of landmarked sites, folk art, fused glass, hand painting and etched glass, homemade bath products, jewelry, designer doll clothes, herbs, spices, unpasteurized honey, maple syrup, knitting, crocheting, and much more. Feature Artist – Patsy Allard of Allumette Island – Paints in acrylic, knits, crochets and sews baby clothes, quilts, hats, mittens, and scarves, etc. Each week, new items are added to the Garage Sale. ‘Someone’s throw away – someone’s treasure’.
Next Bake Sale – Sunday, August 6th after mass. Thank you for your support.
July 30th – Sheri Leadston of Cornwall – Proud owner of the Little Cottage Soap Shop. She makes luxurious bath products using all natural ingredients.
PARISH SUPPER-ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST PARISH- CAMPBELL’S BAY, QC: On Sunday, September 10, 2017 from 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm at the Parish Centre. The menu is Turkey, Ham and trimmings- Homemade pies. Adults $15, Children 12 & Under: $6, Toddlers Free. Welcome to all! Fr. Ghislain & Parishioners.
We would like to wish a Happy 25th Anniversary to Noëlla & Perry McGuire. Best wishes love Gabrielle, Adrianna, Madeleine & Aurele Chaput & Family.
Pastoral Care Department of the Pembroke Regional Hospital is in need of the following kind and generous people to serve as:
– Pastoral Care Volunteer Visitors: Spending a few minutes to speak with patients on a one-to-one basis. You would be given a list of several patients to see, spending approximately 10-15 minutes with each. We are looking for 10 additional visitors.
– Eucharistic Ministers: Celebrating the Eucharist with Roman Catholic patients wishing to have Holy Communion that day. We are looking for 8 additional ministers.
Should you consider either of these ways of helping those who are confined to hospital, please contact the Pastoral Care Office at 613-732-2811 ext. 6264. If there is no one in the office, please leave your name and telephone number and we will contact you as soon as possible.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Congratulations to David and Kelsey (nee McDonald) Vaillancourt who were married last weekend in Chapeau. Please pray that they will share a long and happy life together.
2) Attention Chapeau Parishioners: Have you picked up your draw tickets to sell or buy yet? They are available at the entrances to the church.
3) Please remember to pray for the souls of Lorna Brazeau (nee Gaudette) of Sheenboro and Shirley DeJongh (nee Ryan) of Pembroke whose funerals were celebrated this week. May God grant them eternal rest as well as comfort for their families and friends who grieve their passing.
4) Here’s a brief quote from “The Timeless Teachings of St John Paul II: Summaries of His Papal Documents” (John E. Fagan) that fits nicely with this weekend’s homily:
“We must bear witness to Christ in our daily family, social, and professional activities. We must strive to grow in the Christian virtues, especially charity, so that we become more Christ-like. “We cannot bear witness to Christ without reflecting his image.”
5) This September we will be resuming our Bible Study classes on Thursday evenings in St. Joseph’s. We will also begin a study in the Chapeau sacristy of John Fagan’s book I quoted above. Watch here for more details.