Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Funeral Mass for Mr. Gordon McCrae|
By: Michael, Colleen Dunn & Family
By: St. Alphonsus Choir
|Agatha & Emery Gribbon
By: Sharon Gribbon
By: Mike & Judy Kelly
|Souls in Purgatory
By: Jean Doyle
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: St. Alphonsus C.W.L
Alice Donlan Ballerscheff
By: Joan & Henry Sallafranque
|Sheenboro||Sandra Brennan||Marie-Paule Muldoon|
|St. Joseph||Lawrence Duff||Elaine McGuire|
|Chapeau||Mariette Sallafranque||Mariette, André|
|Sheen||$ 585.00||Martin Flood, Monday, February 12th|
|St. Joseph||$ 1280.00|
|Chapeau||$1,570.00||Catherine Keon Godin Monday, February 5th|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
2017 INCOME TAX RECEIPTS: Your 2017 income tax receipts are ready and are available at the back of the churches. If by chance your receipt is not there. Please call the office (689-5757) and we will issue you one. Thank you.
CWL MEMBERSHIP FEES ($20.00): will be due early in the new year. Kindly use the envelope in your box or a regular one marked “CWL Fees” with your name on it. It can be put in the collection basket or given to a member.
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: Tuesday, February 6th in the sacristy after the 10 o’clock Mass. All members are welcome!
ST. ALPHONSUS CWL: Will sponsor a Card Party on Sunday, February 11 at Harrington Community Centre. Registration at 12:30 and cards begin at 1:00 p.m. Proceeds will go to the Coady Institute (St. Xavier’s University) which helps people worldwide to overcome poverty and build their own future. Light lunch will be served and everyone is welcome.
FROM THE FAMILY LIFE AND YOUTH MINISTRY OFFICE: The next Marriage Preparation Program will be held on February 24th and March 3rd, 2018 at St. Francis Xavier Parish, Renfrew. The deadline to register is February 16th.
Tuesday Social Club: Every Tuesday at 1 pm at Harrington Community Centre. Bring a friend (there is no official membership). All are welcome for an afternoon of companionship.
YOUNG AT HEART NEWS: Please mark these 2 dates on your calendar February 7th there will be a Pot Luck dinner and March 14 there will be an Irish Stew Dinner. Secondly, as we host the Euchre games on Monday nights till the end of March, we are asking our members to please contribute 1 door prize as we need 5 gifts for Monday nights. Thank you very much.
Upper Pontiac Sports Complex: If you are interested in sponsoring Friday night skating, please contact Dave Vaillancourt at (613) 401-6953.
“Canada Summer Jobs” Program. A copy of the recent statement by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops dated January 11, 2018 on recent changes to government requirements for ‘’Canada Summer Jobs’’ program can be found on their website at http://www.cccb.ca. Further information can be found on the Canadian Council of Christian Churches website at http://www.cccc.org or call 519-669-5137.
YOGA WITH JASON: Classes have started on Thursday’s, from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Family and Senior’s Centre. Six- week sessions are $65.00 and drop- in is $12. Everyone Welcome.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus in Pembroke will host its annual Shrove Tuesday pancake supper on Tuesday, Feb 13. Dinner starts at 5 p.m.
The next regular meeting of Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will be held Tuesday, Feb. 13 in the Knights of Columbus Hall, Pembroke. It starts at 7:30 p.m.
ST. PAUL THE HERMIT PARISH FUNDRAISER: On Sunday, March 4, 2018, Sheenboro Parish Hall at 4:00 p.m. the parish will have a fundraiser and social event: Jim Beattie’s Musical and Visual Tour of the Ottawa Valley with a 2nd tour of Ireland as well. A meal will be served of Irish stew. Tickets are $15.00 per person and will be available for purchase at the mass on January 20, 2018 from members of your parish council. Everyone is welcome and if you wish to purchase a ticket, please contact Joann McCann at 819-689-2229 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will be available at the door.
ST. JOSEPH: If anyone would like to get rid of their plastic shopping bags, Helen McGuire’s daughter, Beverly Chaput, is making some mats out of them for the needy and could use some more. Your bags can be dropped off at St. Joseph’s Church. Thank you for your help.
|Notes from Fr. Tim:|
|1) We extend our sympathy and condolences to three families who have been touched by death this week. Please remember in your prayers Ron Price of St. Joseph’s whose two last remaining sisters passed away in January. Also please keep the families of Mr. Jean-Pierre Fleury (Chapeau) and Gordon McCrea (Sheenboro) there as well. They both died over the last few days. Jean-Pierre’s funeral was celebrated on Friday. Mr. McCrea’s funeral will be held in St. Paul the Hermit Church on Monday at 11 am.
2) Bible Study continues on Thursday evenings at 7 pm in St. Joseph’s. New members are always welcome.
3) The Pivotal Players video episode that had to be cancelled this past week to accommodate a funeral will be shown this Friday following the 10 am Mass in St. Joseph’s.
4) It’s been decided to proceed with the establishment of a Pastoral Council that incorporates all three parishes. It will have three representatives from each community and will meet two or three times each year. Its mandate will be to address any pastoral concerns that affect all of the churches. It will not replace any existing councils that currently deal with specific issues unique to any one parish. If you are at all interested in sitting on this Council, please let me know. I hope to have it established and working in the next few months.
5) The February issue of the Diocesan newsletter, Ecclesia, will be out in parishes this weekend. It will also be posted on the Diocesan website within the following week. Please take one home and enjoy!
6) Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes – World Day of the Sick Celebration: Sunday, February 11, 2018. Holy Mass with Sacrament of the Sick 2:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Pembroke. The Sacrament of the Sick will be administered to those who seek the healing power of God’s love in their lives. Everyone is invited to this celebration in honour of Our Lady of Lourdes, and to pray for the sick and for those who care for them.