Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Marie Anne Lair
By: Lydia & Rick Lewis
By: Helen & Maureen Morris
By: Lorna & Charlie Conway
By: Linda Lapierre
|Stations of the Cross|
By: Gail & Jean François Larriveé
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Poncho, Andre & the Family
Andrew, Mike & Françoise Keon
By: Mado & Family
|Sheenboro||Karen Shea||Mary Edwards|
|St. Joseph||Lawrence Duff||Rita Keogh|
|Chapeau||Nicole Bertrand||Nicole, Mariette|
|St. Joseph||$1220.00||Sharon Fitzpatrick, Monday, March 5th|
|Chapeau||$1274.00||Susan Lapierre, Monday, March 12th|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Merrill Allard, Jim McGuire, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
PERMANENT DIACONATE – INFORMATION SESSIONS: Is the Lord calling you to the Permanent Diaconate? Come discover what the diaconate is all about. All men in the diocese are invited; married men are encouraged to come with their wives. If you wish to attend a session or get more information, contact Deacon Seath (613-324-0007) or firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be 3 sessions: Monday, February 26th, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Parish, 20 Grant St. Ottawa; Wednesday, March 7th, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Holy Cross Parish, 685 Walkley Rd. Ottawa; Saturday, March 10th, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at Annunciation of the Lord Parish, 2414 Ogilvie Rd., Ottawa.
CHRISM MASS: Bishop Mulhall will preside at the celebration of the Chrism Mass to be held on Tuesday of Holy Week, March 27th, at 10:30 a.m. at St. Columbkille Cathedral. Everyone is invited to participate at this Mass during which the Bishop will bless the Oil of Catechumens, the Oil of the Sick and will consecrate the Holy Chrism.
HARRINGTON COMMUNITY CENTRE: Annual General Meeting on Thursday, March 8th at 7 pm. Everyone Welcome!
THE CHAPEAU R.A: Is hosting a March break day camp from March 5-9th, from 7am to 4:30pm. At Harrington Community Centre for more info call Mariette at 819-689-2448 or by e-mail at email@example.com
YOUNG AT HEART NEWS: On March 14 there will be an Irish Stew Dinner.
CHAPEAU LION’S CLUB: Will be having a pancake, sausage & homemade bean breakfast on Sunday, March 25th. Everyone is Welcome!
CWL-ST. ANNE PARISH FUNDRAISER: Pre-St. Patty’s Kitchen Party Live music by Local Musicians on Saturday March 10, 2018 from 3-7 p.m. upstairs in the municipal hall on 8 montée Monseigneur Martel, Ile-du-Grand-Calumet, QC. Irish Stew, Homemade Bread, Poor Man’s Pudding Tea/Coffee. Adults $10 Children 10 & under $5. Tickets pre-sold or at the door. 50/50 Draw, Door Prizes, Draws for 3 big prizes. Bring your own wine/beer. Please bring a non-perishable item for the
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS N.Z. Lorrain council 1531: Will be staging its annual Irish play March 11 (1:30 p.m.) and March 15, 16 and 17th (all at 7:30 p.m.) in the Knights of Columbus Hall, Ellis Avenue, Pembroke. Tickets are available at all three Mulvihill pharmacies in Pembroke, the CNIB lottery outlet at WalMart in Pembroke and O’Grady’s in Eganville. Tickets $15 in advance and $18 at the door. All welcome! There will also be a number of tickets at the bar during rental periods.
The next regular meeting of Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will be held March 13 at the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue, Pembroke. It starts at 7:30 p.m
ST. PAUL THE HERMIT PARISH: On Sunday, March 4, 2018, Sheenboro Parish Hall at 4:00 p.m. the parish will have a fundraiser and social event: Jim Beattie’s Musical and Visual Tour of the Ottawa Valley. A meal will be served of Irish stew. Tickets are $15.00 per person and if you wish to purchase a ticket, please contact Joann McCann at 819-689-2229. Thanks to those who are donating baking and homemade stew, we appreciate your contributions!
The Ottawa Mission: If you would like to donate warm clothing or other items for the homeless frequenting the Ottawa Mission, call Roger at 613-732-1148, Bruce at 613-584-3951 or Ron at 819-689-5440. Volunteers will ensure that all items are delivered.
Medjugorje – Children’s clothing (ages 3 to 12 yrs.) is needed in Medjugorje for children of impoverished and needy families. Since 1993, Pat Duggan of Combermere has been involved in a small but diversified mission making a difference in Medjugorje. For information please refer to http://www.patriciasplacecatholicgiftshop.com/ or call Pat at 613-756-2655, Roger at 613-732-1148, Bruce at 613-584-3951 or Ron at 819-689-5440. Clothing will be delivered in mid-May and end of Sept. 2018.
PRAYER FOR UNITY: Our next meeting will be on Tue. Mar 6 at First Step Options (337 Murray Street, Pembroke) at 7 pm. I hope you can join us as we gather to pray for unity among Christians in the Ottawa Valley.
|Notes from Fr. Tim:|
|1) Bible Study classes continue on Thursday evenings at 7 pm in St. Joseph’s. We will begin studying the 2nd Letter of Peter at our next class.
2) Stations of the Cross will be in Sheenboro this week at 7 pm. I will be hearing confessions from 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm and after the Stations until 8:00 pm.
3) The readings this weekend presents us with two of the most important scenes in our religious history: God giving Moses the 10 Commandments and Jesus’ cleansing of the temple. Both these moments remind us of the primacy we owe to God in daily lives. The former grants to us a legal framework for determining the objective rules for a moral life while the latter stresses the importance of the subjective realities of faith in our lives. Please pray for the grace to comprehend the relationship between these two teachings so that we can continue to build the Kingdom of God in a manner that’s faithful to the rule and love of God.
4) There are a few very sick people from our community who are struggling in hospitals these days. Please remember to consciously pray for their welfare in your daily prayers.
5) Happy March Break to all the staff and students of our local schools!
6) Due to the upcoming School Spring break, the next Catechism class for all grades will be held on Sunday, March 11th.
7) Congratulations to Art Fleming who received the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award given by the Pontiac Chamber of Commerce. Over the years Art has farmed, worked in the bush, started his own business, and then in his 60’s decided to work with Frances to create their dream for Northfork. Now in his 89th year, he continues to stay the course and loves what he does. Even major health setbacks won’t slow him down! He’ll tap trees again; he’ll prepare the gardens again; he’ll “keep truckin’” as he likes to say.