Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Joan & Henry Sallafranque
|Special intentions of all the Priests of the Pembroke Diocese
By: Maria DeSouza
|Marian Helen McGuire
By: Lorna & Charlie Conway
|Valmond Audette & Ethan Allard
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Paul & Sue Kelly
|For Lawrence Dupuis & deceased family & friends
By: Chrisita Dupuis
By: Mado & Family
|Sheenboro||Patty Hansen||Jerry Muldoon|
|St. Joseph||Lawrence Duff||Rita Keogh|
|Chapeau||Monique Fleury||Meril, Gail|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Merrill Allard, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$840.00||Janet Retty, Tuesday, April 3|
The parish offices will be closed on Easter Monday. Thank you!
REMINDER: Due to Easter Sunday falling on the 1st Sunday of the month the next Children’s Catechism class will be held on Sunday, April 8th at 9:15 a.m.
ST ALPHONSUS CWL MEMBERSHIPS: Last call for those who may have forgotten to send in their 2018 membership fees. Please do so ASAP so they can all be sent in at the same time. Thank you to those who have already done so!
DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY: Come and join us as we celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday on Sunday, April 8, 2018 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at St. Columbkille Cathedral, 188 Renfrew Street, Pembroke, with adoration, singing of hymns and the recitation of the Divine Mercy Chaplet. We will pray for God’s mercy upon the whole world. Our guest speaker will be Father Michael Weitl from Madonna House. For more information, please contact Deacon Adrien Chaput at 613-732-7933 ext. 206 or email@example.com at the Diocese of Pembroke.
“West Pontiac Connects: is proud to announce that we are now running our third session of the 12th Skills Link program. We are seeking volunteer opportunities for our 8 students to gain experience and promote community participation running from March 12 to May 18, 2018. The students are available for tasks such as yard work assistance, helping seniors with difficulties, providing support, etc. Please contact Chrissy Payne or Victoria Branco at 819-689-2878 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.”
Medjugorje – Children’s clothing (ages 3 to 12 yrs.) is needed in Medjugorje for children of impoverished and needy families. Since 1993, Pat Duggan of Combermere has been involved in a small but diversified mission making a difference in Medjugorje. For information please refer to http://www.patriciasplacecatholicgiftshop.com/ or call Pat at 613-756-2655, Roger at 613-732-1148, Bruce at 613-584-3951 or Ron at 819-689-5440. Clothing will be delivered in mid-May and end of Sept. 2018.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: The next meeting of council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will be held April 10 at the Knights of Columbus hall on Ellis Avenue. It starts at 7:30 p.m.
Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will host Mark Conrad and students from Bishop Smith Catholic High School on April 24 in the K of C Hall at 7 p.m. They will speak about their recent trip to the Dominican Republic. This event is open to members, their families the parishes and community at large.
DWKS SUPREME SATURNIANS: Are a group of Grade 7/8 students who won a regional competition in Gatineau against other schools across Quebec. They now have the opportunity to travel to Tennessee to represent Quebec at the Global Finals in May. The cost for this trip is approximately $20,000. The school board has been very generous to help with the cost, and we are getting closer to helping these children to have this amazing opportunity. The community support has been amazing so far and we truly appreciate all that is being done. If anyone is wanting to make a donation, please contact Kerry Tallon, Klinda Brennan, Lee Ann Gagnon, or DWKS school. Our small school with a big heart will be shining in Tennessee with your support. These children have worked hard to get this far, let’s help them make it all the way!
|Notes from Fr. Tim:|
|1) Thank you to everyone for the prayerful support during my recent bout with the flu. Particular thanks to Bishop Mulhall, Fr. Tom Fitzpatrick, and Fr. Stephen Helferty for celebrating our weekend Masses over the past two weeks. All of the intentions for the weekday masses that were cancelled have been rescheduled.
2) The Catechism classes will take place next weekend. The confirmation students will meet with me immediately following the 10:30 am Sunday Mass in Chapeau.
3) We welcomed two children into our Catholic communion during the past few weeks thanks to services of Deacon Adrien Chaput. Congratulations to William Thomas Swan and Myranie Aurélie Fortin-Chaput.
4) Bible Study classes resume this Thursday evening at 7 pm. in the St. Joseph’s rectory.
5) NOTICE to all couples getting married in 2018: If you have not yet met with me to complete the required paperwork and discuss the particulars of the wedding ceremony, your time is running short! Please call the office (689-5232 / 689-5757) and make your appointment asap! Remember, a job is not complete until the paperwork is done. Without it, I cannot proceed with a marriage ceremony.
6) Have a Blessed Easter! This Easter, I’m wishing you and your family a prosperous and peaceful life. May you be blessed with a home filled with harmony, joy, and love. Easter brings fun. Easter brings happiness. Easter brings God’s endless blessings. Easter brings love and the freshness of spring. May you enjoy all these blessings in abundance throughout the Easter season.