Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Harold & Marilyn Morris
By: Gene & Eddie O’Brien
|Raymond & Conrad Audet
By: Gerard & Gilles
|Special Intentions of Fr. Tim & Annie Gaudette
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
|Canada Day!||John “Jack” Jennings
By: Jimmy & Barbara Lapierre
By: Betty Morris & Family
|Canada Day!||Missa Propulo|
|Canada Day!||John & Leona Mainville (Anniv.)
By: Michael & Rosa Maria
By: The Dennie Family
|Sheenboro||Sandra Brennan||Mary Edwards|
|St. Joseph||Frank Trezbiatowski||Margaret Tallon|
|Chapeau||Mariette Sallafranque||Mariette, Peter|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Anchie Bechamp, Merrill Allard, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Arthur Raymond, and Norma Ranger.
|St. Joseph||$1641.00||Tuesday, June 26th, Sharon Fitpatrick|
|Chapeau||$1717.00||Tuesday, July 3rd, Donna Gagnon|
The new schedule for Chapeau Readers and EOME is ready and can be picked up in the sacristy.
MARRIAGE BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Lance James Adam Godin son of Claude Godin and Rita Lamarche and Erin Nicole Allard daughter of Patrick Allard and Janet Cadieux. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 7th at St. Alphonsus.
CANADA DAY AUCTION 2018: This will be our 21st auction and are looking forward to all the generous donations you will bring in Friday evening before Canada Day. We’ll be there from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. We accept most donations but steer away from large pieces of furniture. Offers of services such as yard work, painting, making dinners are great. Home baking and preserves are very popular. You can probably come up with better ideas than I can. Proceeds go to our Parish Hall and to the Sheen RA. Your donations are so appreciated and looked forward to by all of us. Call Angie at 2486 or Janet at 5640.
STONE FENCE THEATRE COMES TO SHEENBORO: The Old Fort William Cottagers’ Association (OFWCA) hosts Stone Fence Theatre’s musical production “I Come from the Valley! Tales and Times of Joan Finnigan” at Sheenboro Parish Hall, Saturday, August 11, 2018, 7:30 pm. The hall and bar open at 6:30 pm. St. Paul the Hermit Parish will host the bar and keep the proceeds. Tickets are $28 per person and the price includes dessert and tea/coffee at the intermission. We will again seek pie donations from our talented bakers of Fort William and Sheenboro! If you wish to make a donation of a pie, dessert or squares, please contact Chris Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org. At past theatre events, our bakers wowed everyone with their delicious pies, we hope that you do again! You may purchase a ticket from Chris Graham, Janet Retty, Chris Cavan, Diane Lacourse and Joann McCann.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will host its closing dinner at the K of C hall on Ellis Avenue on June 25. It is open to all members and guests. Tickets are available from Grand Knight Noel Leclaire or Deputy Grand Knight Richard Kelley.
UPPER PONTIAC – SUMMER CAMP AT HARRINGTON COMMUNITY CENTER: Cost is $10 per child per day. Dates: July 2nd – August 10th, possibly longer depending on registration. Hours are Monday to Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 pm. For children ages 4-12 years old. For more info or to register contact Mariette at 819-689-2448 or by email at email@example.com. CHAPEAU DAY CAMP: are looking for slightly used children’s books and wading pools.
CHAPEAU GALLERY NEWS:
1. Summer Hours (July 3) – Tuesday to Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 pm. Come visit the Gallery, featuring an Art Exhibition, Market, Historical Books on Allumette Island, Indigenous, Exhibition, Gift Shop, museum (1850s Parlour and Bishop’s Room), Doll Collection, Vintage Clothing Boutique Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, featuring an Art Exhibition, Market, Historical Books, Indigenous Exhibition, Gift Shop, Museum (1850s Parlour and Bishop’s Room), Doll Collection, Vintage Clothing Boutique and Bridal Salon. Each week, new items are added to the Garage Sale. ‘Someone’s throw away is someone’s treasure’. Thank you for your support!
-Every Saturday starting June 30th to September 1st, we will be at the Tourism Information Booth located at Dubeau’s selling historical books on Allumette Island, artist and artisans products.
2. FEATURE ARTISTS/ARTISANS: June 24th-Annette Geoffroy – Craise of Allumette Island. Annette is the proud owner of M.A.C’s Miniatures and Crafts; birdhouses, feeders, veggie and herb markers, wooden layered mini animals, crochet amigurumi animals, scrubbies, towels, dish cloths and many more are available for sale at the Gallery. Annette will be personally available to showcase her Art and Crafts on Saturday and Sunday, June 30th and July 1 (11 am – 4 pm)
July 1st: Sheri Leadson of Cornwall Sheri is the proud owner of the ‘Little Cottage Soap’ Shop. She makes luxurious bath products using all natural ingredients. Sheri will demonstrate the process of making a bath balm soap on Saturday July 7th at 1:00 p.m. The first eight people will receive a free sample.
FRED MEILLEUR MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT:, Friday, June 29, 2018 in support of the Upper Pontiac Sports Complex and Résidence Meilleur du Haut Pontiac. The Tournament will be held at the Island Brae [ shotgun start at 9:30am] and Pontefract [ shotgun start at 9am] Golf Clubs. Cost is $60 for golf and supper, $40 for golf only, and $30 for supper only. Golf cart rentals are extra. Call the Island Brae [ 613-732-9022] and the Pontefract [ 819-683-3308] to reserve. A catered supper begins at 7pm in the Chapeau Arena. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. To register contact Dave Vaillancourt, 613-401-6953 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All welcome!
PILGRIMAGE TO SHRINE OF ST. ANN IN CORMAC: Plan to attend the 80th Annual pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Ann in Cormac on Sunday, July 29th, with Bishop Mulhall and Father Denis Lemieux. The theme of the Pilgrimage will be “The Way of the Listening Heart”. The principal Pilgrimage Mass will be celebrated at 11:00 a.m. with Bishop Michael Mulhall presiding, and a Mass of healing will be celebrated at 2:00 p.m. Local priests will be assisting with the blessing with St. Ann’s oil. A section of preferential seating in the shade will be given to those with lawn chairs. Religious articles, St. Ann’s Mass League memberships, and food and refreshments will be available. Everyone Welcome! For further information, please see: www.cormacpilgrimage.com.
|Notes from Fr. Tim:|
|1) Please pray for the soul of Mr. Remi Vaillancourt and for the consolation of his family. His funeral was celebrated in Chapeau on Thursday. Thanks also to Fr. Réal Ouellet who stepped in to replace me as celebrant at the last second.
2) We congratulate Mindy Gagnon and Michel Fleury who were married in Chapeau this weekend. May they have a long and happy life together united in the covenant of the Sacrament of Marriage.
3) Attention all Sheenboro parishioners: Don’t forget that Mass next weekend will be celebrated on Sunday morning at 9 am instead of on Saturday as part of the Canada Day celebrations.
4) This weekend we celebrate the Feast of St. Jean Baptiste, patron saint of Quebec and Francophones throughout Canada. Bonne Fête à tous!
5) We welcomed Alexa Michelle Charlebois and Brooklynn Victoria Monetta Lepine into our faith when they were baptized last Sunday. Please pray that they grow strong in their Catholic faith throughout their lives.