Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Saturday||Sheenboro 5:00 P.M.||
|| Nancy Turner |
& Brian Ranger
By: Lois Ranger& Family
|Sunday||St. Joseph 9:00 A.M|| Palliative Care By: St. Joseph & St. Alphonsus |
|Sunday||Chapeau 10:30 A.M.||
||Cora Chaput &|
By: Lucy &
|St. Joseph||Carol Price||Elaine, Paul|
|Chapeau||Monique Fleury||Meril, Gail|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Sandy LaRose-Dutton, Anchie Bechamp, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$ 1205.00 (Easter)|| Laetitia Tardiff Peacock,|
Monday, May 6th
|St. Joseph||$ 2132.00 (Easter)||Sharon Gribbon, |
Monday, April 29th
|Chapeau||$ 545.00 (Good Friday) |
Installation of Archbishop Michael Mulhall: The ceremony of installation of Archbishop Mulhall as Archbishop of Kingston will be held in St. Mary’s Cathedral, Kingston on Friday, May 3, 2019 at 2:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
First Communion: Will take place on Sunday, May 26th at St. Alphonsus at 10:30 a.m. First Confession: Will take place on Saturday, May 25th in the Sacristy at St. Alphonsus Church a time will be posted once determined. Confirmation: Will be held on Sunday, June 2nd at St. Alphonsus Church at 10:30 a.m.
Next Children’s Catechism Class: Will take place on Sunday, May 5th at 9:15 at DWKS. This will be the last class until they start back up in the fall. At this time, we ask that all student bring in your Student Text(reader) to your teachers so they can hand them in to me at the office along with their attendance sheets. Thank you!
Young at Heart News:
1) There will be a Pot Luck Dinner on Wednesday, May 8th bring your favourite dish.
2) Last day to play cards will be on Wednesday, May 29th. 3) Our annual picnic will be on Wednesday, June 12th. (More details to follow) 4) Available to us is a 1 day trip down (the Opeongo line by Jamieson Travel) Cost is $150 per person which includes transportation, lunch and dinner on Wednesday, June 5th. If interested call Mariette Gaudette at 819-689-2544 before May 15th.
Walk The Opeongo Line, July 25-28, 2019 – Join pilgrims from ages 7-77 in this life-changing, 4-day journey from Our Lady of Fatima, Renfrew to St. Ann’s Shrine, Cormac. This will be our 4th year making the 67km walk! It’s an experience that merits many blessings and many wonderful memories. For more information and to register, visit: walktheopeongoline.com.
Spring Yard Sale at Holy Name: Holy Name is hosting an Indoor Yard Sale again this year in the Church Annex. The dates for this year’s sale is Friday, May 10th from noon-4 p.m. and Saturday, May 11th from 8-11 a.m. Donations for the sale would be most appreciated. All monies raised goes to the goes to the Church Restoration Fund. The sale will include a large variety of items, with something for everyone. For information and donations, please contact Suzanne in the Parish Office at 613 732-3355, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone is welcome!
Divine Mercy Sunday Devotion –This Sunday, April 28, 2019 from 2-3 p.m.: Come and join us as we celebrate Divine Mercy Sunday at St. Columbkille Cathedral, 188 Renfrew St., Pembroke, with Adoration, singing of hymns, and the Divine Mercy Chaplet, as we pray for God’s Mercy upon the whole world. For more information please contact Deacon Adrien Chaput at 613- 732-7933 ext. 206 or email@example.com.
6th ANNUAL BLUE GRASS SUNDAY: This SundayApril 28th, 2019 from 1:30 -5:00 p.m. at Knights of Columbus Hall, 170 Ellis Street, Pembroke, Featuring Marc Roy and Back Country, County Road 44, and Champion fiddler Robbie Dagenais, accompanied by Kerry Vaillancourt. Cost: $15/per person. All proceeds go to Friends for Life International. For more information please contact Roger or Gail at 613-732-1148, Bruce at 613-584-3951 or Ron at 819-689-5440.
The National March for Life takes place on Parliament Hill on Thursday, May 9 th: Join Renfrew County Right to Life and thousands of pro-life marchers in a peaceful protest of 50 years of legal abortion in Canada. To reserve a seat on the bus, please call Barb at 613 735-6265. Payment by donation on the bus. For more info: facebook.com/RCRTL
Bishop N.Z. Lorrain Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus: Will hold its next regular meeting on Tuesday, May 14th at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Ellis Avenue. It starts at 7:30 p.m.
Knights of Columbus Mother’s Day Breakfast at St. Casimir Parish, Round Lake, on Sunday, May 12 th from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Free will offering. All proceeds will go towards the interior painting of St. Casimir Parish. Free door prizes. Tickets will be sold for 10 gift baskets. All are welcome! For more information please contact Linda Spilek at firstname.lastname@example.org
MarianHill Inc. Long Term Care and Community Services: Is seeking New Board Members. The MarianHill Board is seeking volunteers wishing to apply to the Board of Directors. With the redevelopment project now started and the government’s plans to change healthcare to end hallway medicine, this will be an exciting and rewarding time to be involved in community healthcare! Successful candidates will have: Passion for our organization’s vision and mission. Ability to analyze information and make policy decisions. Commitment to contribute to the Board as a member of a team. Time to dedicate to Board business. More information and application forms are available at Marianhill, or can be requested by contacting Linda M. Tracey, Chief Executive Officer via email at email@example.com. A rewarding volunteering experience!
Adopt a Road: For the entire month of May, the Municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes is encouraging residents to help clean up our Community! For more information call 819-689-2266.
Fr. Tim Sabbatical Notes:
1) Yikes! What’s going on with the river? News reports are using phrases like ‘millennial level flood’ to describe the potential levels that the river might crest at. PLEASE say a prayer both for those who are fighting to protect properties with the help of friends and neighbours with sandbags etc. and that the predictions of record water levels might not come to pass.
2) My time down here in Baltimore is quickly drawing to an end. I will be returning to the parish and resuming work for the upcoming Victoria Day weekend. I thank one and all for the prayerful support that has accompanied me throughout my entire time of study, just as I am counting on it to ensure a safe return journey home. I am looking forward to seeing everyone soon.
3) Bishop Mulhall is spending his last weekend as our Bishop as he will be installed as the new Archbishop of Kingston on Friday May 3rd. Just as we should be lifting him up in grateful prayer for his years here in Pembroke, let us be faithful in praying for our new bishop to come. No one knows how long we will have to wait for that announcement from the Vatican but let us commit to praying for whomever will be appointed every day until it is made and publicly announced.
4)There is a spaghetti dinner fundraiser may 18 from 5:30 to 8 pm in the Sheenboro Parish Hall. Funds raised will go toward ongoing expenses of the hall. Tickets $15 at the door or in advance from Jennifer and Mark Jennings. Thank you to Trevor Miller from Hotel Pontiac, he has offered to send a duo to play dinner music!