Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Dr. Wilbert Keon
By: Teresa Downey
Miles & Willis Venasse
By: Dianne & Laurier Mainville
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Marie, Denis & Marcel Drapeau
By: Gene & Eddie O’Brien & Family
By: Richard & Diane Chaput & Family
|Sheenboro||Patty Hansen||Peter Gleason|
|St. Joseph||Sam McGuire||Paul, Ron|
|Chapeau||Nicole Bertrand||Nicole, Michael|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Anchie Bechamp, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan.
|Sheen||$610.00||Laetitia Tardiff Peacock, Monday, August 19th|
|St. Joseph||$1500.00||Sharon Fitzpatrick, Monday, August 26th|
On different days here & there the Office will be closed as the Secretary will taking some holidays. So, this Friday the 23rd and Friday the 30th she will not be in the office. Thank you.
ENVELOPES FOR MEAT DONATIONS: Our Chapeau parish supper will soon be approaching Sunday, September 29th. Envelopes are provided should you wish to help with the cost of the turkey. Your donation is greatly appreciated.
St. Alphonsus Raffle Tickets for a Parish Supper September 29th: Are available at the back and front of the church and there are sign up sheets to put your name and how many books you are taking. The Tickets are made up of 5 books per elastic. We encourage all parishioners to try and sell 10 books. Thank you so much for your support with this important Parish fundraiser.
MARRIAGE BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Emmett Patrick Sullivan, son of Lawrence Sullivan and Evelyn O’Neill and Jessica Amanda Yvonne Deane, daughter of Gordon Deane and Patricia Debutte. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 p.m. on August 24th at St. Paul the Hermit Church, Sheenboro, Quebec.
There is a promise of marriage between Robert Joseph Nephin, son of Mark Lawrence Nephin and Trudy Romain and Megan Katherine Ann Lee, daughter of Jonathan Lee and Karen Vereyken. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 p.m. on September 7th at St. Alphonsus Church, Chapeau, Quebec.
Young at Heart News: We have been invited by the Golden Age Club of Calumet Island to join them on Friday, October 4th, 2019 to see the performers live on stage at the Centrepointe Theatre. These are tributes to Elvis, Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly etc… The cost is $125 per person including Bus transportation, show ticket, $20.00 to play the slots at the Rideau Carleton Raceway. No meals included. Bus leaves Calumet Island at 11:30 a.m. For more info: call Ron Price at 613-639-0292.
Thank you: The organizing committee for the “Up at Fred’s-Allons-y” fundraising event would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to our very own CWL who took on the enormous task of preparing a fabulous late luncheon for the many guests who attended this event. Your dedication and commitment are so very appreciated. Many volunteers from this parish and from our community helped to make the evening a success. It took many hands to fill the numerous positions required for such a large event. We are most grateful and appreciative for all your assistance. The Up at Fred’s-Allons-y evening was a success and the proceeds go to benefit three very worthwhile community causes: the Recreation Association, the Residence Meilleur and St-Alphonsus Parish. You all played an important role in helping these organizations.
We invite everyone to join us for a Special Surprise 90th Birthday Celebration for our Dad, Art on Saturday, September 14th from 4-8 in the barn at Northfork. We will host a BBQ…lots of food and good times! BYOB and BEST WISHES only. Colleen, Donna, Willie and Neil. If possible, confirm attendance at 819-689-1006.
2nd Public Flood Meeting– Monday, August 19, 7pm, L’Isle-aux-Allumettes municipal hall, 6 St. Joseph St., L’Isle-aux-Allumettes: This meeting will provide an update on the committee’s efforts and challenges to have the various agencies and governments provide information on the causes and solutions of the flooding. It is important to have a good turnout for this meeting. Please spread the word and encourage others to attend. THANK YOU!
West Pontiac Connects will be starting a new session of skills link participants on September 3rd, 2019. We are still recruiting people who are interested in taking the program. If you are between the ages of 15 and 30 and are willing to commit to a 23-week, paid program, we have a great opportunity waiting for you.
If any seniors in the community would like to schedule volunteer work please contact West Pontiac Connects to schedule a day and time. Please contact Marielle Lair at (819)689-2878 for more information or inquiries about the upcoming session.
FESTIVAL AU STYLE DE L’ISLE IS FAST APPROACHING!!
This year’s Islandfest will be held on August 23rd and 24th 2019, at 64 Ch. Pembroke, Chapeau, Quebec.
1) On Friday night we will be welcoming The Blast from the Past for our musical entertainment. There will be an old timer’s baseball game; a fastball challenge game, featuring the Micksburg Twins and the Quyon Flyers; a Homerun derby; and a chilli cook-off.
2) The fun continues into Saturday for all age groups, including a mini softball tournament, an awesome kids zone, featuring Ry-J’s inflatables; the Chapeau Lion’s Club duck race; a vendor’s market; a dunk tank; a magician; an show by Les Enfants du Monde, face painting; Little Ray’s reptiles; a rib dinner; a dance party, featuring The Groove Revival; and so much more!! “Bring all your family and all your friend to Islandfest’’, says Winston Sunstrum, Mayor of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes, “Come enjoy all of the free activities!”
3) The rib dinner on Saturday evening will be prepared by the local restaurant, L’Ancienne Banque, who are making their famous recipe for tender, fall off the bone, mouth-watering ribs. Make sure you bring a big appetite and you won’t be left wanting. Get your tickets now, at the office of the municipality of L’Isle-aux-Allumettes, or from your local organizations before they’re sold out.
4) Come out and enjoy the local live musicians with the Groove Revival on Saturday night! They are sure to get you in the groove to dance the night away!
Turkey Lunch & Supper – Our Lady of Grace, Westmeath, Sunday, August 18th from 12-6 p.m. at the Westmeath Community Centre. Turkey lunch & supper. Bake/sale tables, bingo, draw tickets, grab bags. Take-out available – wheelchair accessible. Adults: $15 – Children 5-12: $6 – Children 4 and under: Free.
Annual Parish Supper – Our Lady of the Angels Parish, Brudenell, Sunday, August 25th. Turkey, ham & baked beans served from 1:30-6:30 p.m. Live entertainment, bingo, country market. Visitor’s Mass at 1 p.m. Adults: $14 – Children 10 & under: $6 – Children under 4: Free.
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|1) WOW! What a play! There are many people to thank for making it such a successful fundraising event that if I start naming them, I am sure to miss someone. But I would be remiss if I didn’t thank in a particular way the members of the organizing committee who brought the project from concept to completion. Mariette Sallafranque-Fleury, Marielle and Chantal Lair represented the Chapeau R.A. Anne Meilleur represented Residence Meilleur, and Belle Rougier-Harrington was our parish representative. They did an incredible job and thanks in large part to their coordination and planning, each of the three organizations will now split the approximately $24,000 in profits generated by the event. Thank you one and all!
2) Last weekend I had the privilege of bringing two young souls into our Catholic communion. Please pray for Charlie Andy Wieland, (Chapeau) and for Emilia Kelly Etheridge, (St. Joseph’s) who are now part of our Catholic Church.
3) Attention St. Paul the Hermit Parishioners: We are about to start taking up a 2nd ‘looney’ collection after communion with the funds going towards our upcoming building repairs. Tossing in your loose change each week costs each of us very little, but it can soon add up to something significant if we all participate each week. All of the funds will be used for only our building repairs.
4) And while I’ve got the attention of all those good Sheeners, please accept my apologies for the mix-up last Saturday that left you without a priest! I misunderstood Fr. Tom and thought he was coming when in fact he wasn’t starting until this weekend! The responsibility for the error was mine. Sorry.