Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: A Parishioner
By: Gene & Eddie O’Brien
|Thérèse St. Jean Allard & Jacqueline St. Jean Mainville
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
|Funeral Mass of Annette Chaput|
By: The Ranger Family
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Tom & Mary Carroll
By: The Family
By: Karie, Joey, Owen & Ella Sullivan & Family
|Sheenboro||Kaleigh Gleason||Marie-Paule Muldoon|
|St. Joseph||Sharon Fitzpatrick||Elaine, Paul|
|Chapeau||Lise Mainville||Mariette, Janie|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Fr. Stephen Ballard, Fr. Peter Proulx, Patsy Gagnon, Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Anchie Bechamp, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan.
|St. Joseph||$ 1145.00|
|Chapeau||$ 1721.00||Donna Gagnon, Monday, September 16th|
MARRIAGE BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Jonathan Harold Vaillancourt, son of André Vaillancourt and Mary Anne Keon and Alycia Dawn Fraser, daughter of Christopher Fraser and Andrea Bindiner. The wedding will be celebrated at 6:00 p.m. on September 20th at St. Alphonsus Church, Chapeau, Quebec.
Let’s all get together and celebrate Patsy & Michael Gagnon 45th Wedding Anniversary. on Saturday, September 21st, 2019 at Harrington Community Centre beginning at 8:00 p.m. Everyone Welcome! Live Music by Groove Revival & a Late Lunch will be served. Tickets are available for this Fundraiser cost is $10 per person from Pauline at the Parish Office, Maureen Belland 689-2708 or at Conroy’s Grocery. Purchase your tickets today… Thank you in advance for your support!
ENVELOPES FOR MEAT DONATIONS: Our Chapeau parish supper is soon approaching Sunday, September 29th. Envelopes are provided should you wish to help with the cost of the turkey. Your donation is greatly appreciated.
St. Alphonsus Raffle Tickets available for a Parish Supper September 29th: We encourage all parishioners to try and sell 10 books. Thank you so much for your support with this important Parish fundraiser!
Parish Supper Silent Auction (St. Alphonsus): Anyone wishing to donate an item/items for the Chapeau supper auction can do so, please contact Gene O’Brien 819-689-2410 and Helen Davis 819-689-5271. Thank you for your continuous support, it is greatly appreciated.
Once again, we will be hosting the famous St-Alphonsus’ Parish Fall Supper, September 29th! Again, this year we are needing volunteers. One area that always needs help is our table-prep teams as our guest come, eat and go! We have 5 to 6 very long rows of tables which need a few table captains to oversee and many helping hands to reset and tidy tables after each guest finishes. We also need Coffee & Tea servers. Volunteers are needed from 12 to 6 PM however it is busiest from 4 to 6 PM. We are looking for many hands willing to donate an hour or two to reset the tables. There will be a short meeting after mass in the sacristy Sunday, September 15. Please consider donating your time to help your church. If you can’t make the meeting and would like to help, please call Belle at 613-638-6058. Thank you so much for all your support!!
Parishioners and interested persons of the former Holy Spirit Mission Nichabeau: A new fence will be erected at the cemetery in the coming months. We are seeking financial assistance to cover the cost. Cheques can be made out to the St. Alphonsus Parish towards the fencing. More details to follow. Contact Peter Smith 819-689-5624 for further details or suggestions.
Tuesday Social Club: The Tuesday Social Club will begin meeting again for the sixth year on Sept. 10th at the Harrington Community Centre at 1 pm until 3 pm. We are always happy to receive donations of yarn, pillowcases and cotton or cotton blend fabrics. Join us for a couple of hours of socializing. Contact Angie at 2486 or Bernie at 5223.
Senior’s Café Information Session: Is to be held at Harrington Community Centre on Wednesday, September 25th from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Nora Sleb will give information and answer questions about income taxes and Lisa Gervais will talk about online services at Service Canada.
Renovations for St Paul the Hermit—Request for Volunteer: One of the needs is to re-glaze and paint the exterior windows of the church. If you have the skills to do this work and would be prepared to volunteer your time please contact Martin Flood at 613 -281- 0041.
St. Joseph Parish: It’s that time again. Our Raffle Tickets are available. Same as last year. $20 a bag. ($2 a ticket). Please sign-up. Reminder: Parish Supper is coming October20th Tickets are Adult $15 & Children under 10 $5. We will be needing lots of help. Meat envelopes are available. Please get your dinner tickets from Hazel Chassie 819-689-2609, Sharon Fitzpatrick 819-689-2907 and Donna Tierney 819-689-2558. Thanks. They are going quickly.
West Pontiac Connects: If any seniors in the community would like to schedule volunteer work please contact West Pontiac Connects to schedule a day and time. Please contact Marielle Lair at (819)689-2878 for more information or inquiries about the upcoming session.
Chapeau Gallery News
1) Sunday, September 22nd – 11:30 a.m. Come and join us for lunch and a movie called “Scarlet and the Black”. The true story of Msgr. Hugh O’Flaherty, a courageous Irish priest working in the Vatican during the German occupation. In direct difference of the Nazi’s, he risks his life, to hide refugees and POW’s! Although Pope Pius XII insists on Church neutrality. Msgr. Continues this dangerous work until Rome is liberated. Lunch & Movie $12 per person, limited seating. Contact Peggy 819-689-5141 or Helen 819-689-5271
2) Gallery is closed Tuesday & Wednesday’s. Check our Facebook page at Chapeau Regionale Gallerie for upcoming events and lunch menu. Leave a message at email@example.com.
3) Annual Garage Sale, give away on Saturday & Sunday, September 14-15, 21-22, 28-29. Donations accepted
4) Animal Aide Pontiac helps our area with the Spay and Neuter Program of over 125 cats. Let’s support their fundraiser and dance the night away as, ”Annette Lafond performs as Shania Twain” Friday, September 20th, 8 p.m. Shawville R.A. Hall 455 Hillcrest Avenue, Shawville Qc. Tickets $20 includes lunch. Contact Peggy or Helen.
Knights of Columbus: will officially install its officers on Tuesday, Sept. 24. The ceremony will be held in the Knights of Columbus Hall on Ellis Avenue starting at 7 p.m. All members and their families are invited to attend.
Turkey & Ham Dinner – St-Jean Baptiste Parish, Pembroke, Sunday, September 22nd from 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. Take -out available; handicapped accessible. Adults: $15 – Children: $5.
St Patrick Parish Turkey Supper, Mount St Patrick on Sunday, September 29th from 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Visitor’s Mass at 11:30 a.m. Take-out dinners available for quick service. Adults $15.00 and Children $6.00. A time-honoured Valley custom – Meet you at “The Mountain”!
Beef Buffet & Bean Supper – St. Casimir Parish, Round Lake Centre Sunday, October 13th. Beef, beans, potatoes, vegetables with all the trimmings, homemade desserts, buns and pies. Craft table, Bingo, live entertainment. Supper starts at 12:30 p.m. Adults: $15 – Children 5-12: $5 – Children under 5: Free. Take out available; gift certificates are available at the parish office. Everyone welcome!
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|1) Congratulations to Kaitlin Campbell and Nicholas Rafuse who were married in the Chapeau church this weekend. Please pray for a long and happy life together.
2) Our sympathy and prayers go out to the family of Annette Chaput, wife of Armand Chaput who passed away last weekend. Her funeral will be held in St. Alphonsus Parish in Chapeau this Friday at 11 am.
3) I am looking for various volunteers from each of the parishes to participate as coordinators for our upcoming program of Eucharistic Adoration services. Please call me at the office if you have any questions or are willing to help. Thank you.
4) Perpetual Eucharistic adoration is our response to Jesus’ love for us. God loves you and when you adore the Lord, He grants many special blessings of His goodness, grace, love and mercy. We would like to start round the clock Adoration at our parish, seven days a week. At least one adorer needs to be scheduled and present for every hour. An Adoration Invitation Sign-Up will take place at all the weekend Masses on September 20-21. Everyone is invited to sign-up to commit to a weekly holy hour with Jesus, truly present in the Most Holy Eucharist. “Come to Me and I will refresh you!”
5) Adoration Coordinating Team & Organizational Meeting: We are seeking volunteers to help coordinate our adoration program. We need a Head Coordinator (1-2 persons), 4 Division leaders (we divide the day into 6 hour time divisions), a Database Manager and 24 Hourly Captains. There will be an opportunity to sign-up for these roles on the Adoration Invitation Sign-Up form. An organizational meeting will take place on Sunday, Sept. 21st at 7 p.m. in the St. Joseph’s Sacristy for those interested in helping to coordinate perpetual Eucharistic adoration. Please consider attending the meeting so our parishes may have the wonderful blessing of adoring Our Lord, as He deserves.