Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Helen & Larry Perry
By: Bernie & Bill Hendry
|Alcide & Doreen Dubeau
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
|Special Intentions of Fr. Tim & Joan Pelletier
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Colleen & Family
Annus & Vincey Lapierre
By: Royale et famille
By: Mike & Carol-Ann Ryan
|Sheenboro||Kaleigh Gleason||Peter, Jerry|
|St. Joseph||Frank Traebiatowski||Elaine, Paul|
|Chapeau||Tom Carroll||Peter, Gail|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Fr. Stephen Ballard, Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan.
|Sheenboro||$816.00 ( Toonie) $158.00|
|St. Joseph||$1243.00 (Toonie) $161.00||Sharon Fitzpatrick, Monday, Oct. 28th|
|Chapeau||$1765.00 (Toonie) $267.00||Donna Gagnon, Monday, Oct. 21st|
West Pontiac Connects: If any seniors in the community would like to schedule volunteer work please contact West Pontiac Connects to schedule a day and time. Please contact Marielle Lair at (819)689-2878 for more information or inquiries about the upcoming session.
St. Alphonsus C.W.L: Will be hosting the Monday Night card parties through December. We would greatly appreciate prize donations (Kleenex, paper towels, soup, etc.) These could be dropped off at the hall on Monday evenings or given to Gail, Joan or Janie at any time. Thanks once again!!
Thank you: The Béchamp family, Maggie, Debbie, Ricky & Billy, would like to send out a heartfelt thank you to all who attended the funeral of “Anchie (Alphire) Béchamp on Monday, October 7th, 2019. We would also like to thank the Choir for their lovely music, the C.W.L. for their tasty lunch and Father Tim for his beautiful eulogy. Also, a thank you to Greg Hayes from Hayes Funeral Home for making funeral preparations go smoothly. May God Bless you all. The Béchamp Family
Remembrance Day in Sheenboro: Will be celebrated on November 10th, 2019. Mass will be at 11 a.m., followed by Remembrance Day ceremonies that will be held in the church. People wishing to place a wreath in memory of a veteran are asked to contact Billy Brennan by email email@example.com on or before November 8th. Following the Remembrance Service, a light lunch will be served in the parish hall. There is no set cost for the meal but a donation to ensure this event can continue would be appreciated.
The Annual General Meeting for the Recreation Association is scheduled for Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at Harrington Hall, 7PM. Everyone welcome.
Chapeau Recreation Association: presents Movie & Spooky Fiesta this Sunday, October 20th from 1 PM-3 PM at Harrington Community Center. Wear your Best Halloween Costume! Free Admission. $Popcorn station with candy toppings will be available and bring your favourite blankie and stuffed animal. All Children must be accompanied by an Adult.
Municipality of L’Isle-aux Allumettes invites you to join us as we pay tribute to our “Fallen Soldiers” at this year’s Remembrance Day Ceremony to be held on: Sunday, November 10th, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. St. Joseph’s Center for Families & Seniors, St. Joseph, QC. there will be a Reception and light lunch following the ceremonies. R.S.V.P. is required before November 1st, 2019 at noon; (819-689-2266) (Please advise if we are to order a wreath on your behalf)
Residence Meilleur: Is looking for someone that would be interested in doing snow removal. Please contact Gerry Pharand (819-689-5345 home or 689-2360 Residence Meilleur or George Picard 689-2715.
Halloween Dance at Harrington Hall: Will be held on Saturday, October 26th, 2019 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Cost is $10 per person. There will be prizes and a light lunch will be served. All proceeds go to the Chapeau Lion’s Club & the Culbute Museum in Chichester. Tickets are available at Conroy’s Grocery and from Yogi at 819-689-5508. Everyone Welcome!
Tuesday Social Club: HELP! We are collecting clean warm clothing for men only to be taken to the Ottawa Mission for homeless men (Shepherds of Good Hope). Ron Bartman has taken the responsibility to deliver them. We will be accepting them on every Tuesday in October at the Harrington Community Center from 1 to 3 pm. Thanks a lot.
Knights of Columbus News
Bishop N.Z. Lorrain of the Knights of Columbus will host a CPR/ defibrillator course on Tuesday, Oct. 22 at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Ellis Avenue, Pembroke. Start time is 6:30 p.m
OTHER PARISH SUPPERS
Harvest Festival Dinner – St. John Chrysostom Parish, Arnprior, Sunday, October 20th from 12-6 p.m. Travellers Sunday Mass at 11:30 a.m. Hot roast beef. Adults: $15 – Children: $7 – Children under 6: Free.
Annual Parish Supper – St. Matthew the Apostle, Madawaska, Sunday, November 3rd from 12-6 p.m. at the Madawaska Community Hall. Annual turkey, ham & bean supper – Raffle tickets. Adults: $14 – Children under 10: $5 – Children 3 and under: Free.
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|1) We welcomed Aurélie Isabelle Fortin-Chaput into our Catholic community as she received her baptism last Sunday. Aurélie is the infant daughter of Martin and Annick Fortin-Chaput. Please pray that she lives a long and happy life, growing ever deeper in her faith and love for God and her family.
2) Please pray for the repose of the soul of Mrs. Patsy Gagnon (nee Nephin), wife of Michael Gagnon, whose funeral was celebrated in Chapeau this weekend. May God grant her a merciful judgment and her family consolation and peace with her passing.
3) We begin our adult catechism programming this week with the start of a short series on ‘The Real Presence,’ a video series that helps explain our Catholic beliefs about the Eucharist. It will begin immediately following the 10 am. Mass in the Church sacristy this Wednesday. An evening presentation of the same series will start next week at 7 pm on Tuesday, October 29th, in the sacristy of St. Joseph’s Church.
4) We continue to put together our Eucharistic Adoration schedule, which will begin in November. It’s a fitting month to commence this pious activity as it is the time of the year that we rededicate to praying for our deceased loved ones. I can think of no more excellent gift that we could offer to them than to spend time before the Blessed Sacrament beseeching God to grant them mercy and a place in heaven.
5) We are searching for one more teacher to help teach the Catechism program to our parish’s children on the first Sunday of each month at 9:15 am in DWKS in Chapeau. PLEASE help us with this vital program. It is not an onerous task that requires a great deal of one’s time, but our children need to be educated in the faith and prepared for their sacraments. The program begins on November 3, 2019. Your help in spreading the news of the start of this year’s program is much appreciated. We are asking all children to renew their registration by either calling the office or completing a form at home and bring it into either parish office when it is open. Copies of the registration forms will be available in each of the three parish churches.
6) Looking forward to seeing as many as possible at this Sunday’s Parish Supper in St. Joseph’s. The meal is served in the St. Joseph’s Family Centre, beginning at 5 pm. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who make this event such a success, particularly everyone who donated pies and other food items as well as all the many volunteers who work so hard to prepare and serve the meal.