Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Jim & Carmel Morris
Edwin & Carmelita Doyle
By: Raymond Morris & Family
|Christmas Eve||Diane McCann
By: Cathy Patterson
|Christmas Eve||Deceased Parents of Harold & Marilyn Morris
By: Harold & Marilyn Morris
Rémi & Normand Vaillancourt
By: Jacqueline, Pierrette & Gilles
By: Nana & Papa Sullivan
Yvonne, Sylvester & Joan O’Brien
By: Carol-Anne & Mike Ryan & Family
By: Rita Payne
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Robert Godin & deceased family members
By: Pauline & Family
By: Lorraine, Eric Demers et Famille
|New Year’s Eve||Missa Pro Populo|
|New Year’s Day||Isabelle Aubin & Lillian Moyle
By: Fr. Tim
|New Year’s Day||Rose & Cyprien Chartrand
By: La Famille
Mary & Edward Michaud
By: The Family
CHRISTMAS OFFICE HOURS: Please be advised that the office hours during the Christmas Season will be the following: Closed from December 24th, 2019 to Thursday, January 2, 2020 inclusively.
Children’s Catechism Class: The next Catechism class will be held in Sunday, January 12th 2020 at 9:00 a.m. at D.W.K.S. Mass attendance is a REQUIRED component of the program and children must get their attendance sheet signed after Mass in the sacristy. Thank you!
|Sheenboro||$ 562.00 Toonie $ 87.90|
|St. Joseph||$ 1385.00 Toonie $ 79.55||Sharon Gribbon, Monday, December 23rd|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Dan Kelly, Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan.
|Sheenboro||Kaleigh Gleason (Christmas Eve)
Patty Hansen (New Year’s Eve)
Doris, Marie-Paule Muldoon
|St. Joseph||Andre Bouchard (Christmas Eve)
Frank Trzebiatowski (New Year’s Day)
|Chapeau||Danielle Allard (Christmas Eve)
Bernie Hendry (Christmas Day)
Nicole Bertrand (New Year’s Day)
|André, Nicole, Meril, Peter
CHURCH ENVELOPES FOR 2020: will be available in the churches this weekend. Thank you. If you want to be a new envelope user please take a blank box and put your name and address on the first couple of envelopes so we can enter you into our system. Thank you.
CHAPEAU: New list for lectors and Eucharistic ministers are available in the sacristy.
St. Alphonsus C.W.L:
1) A special thank you to those who attended and/or gave donations to the “Money Tree” at our Christmas party last week. Bouffe Pontiac will be the recipients of the donations. Special thanks also to our entertainers for the lovely music and singing.
2) Our card parties were finished on December 16th. Our appreciation is extended to all the card players, volunteers and all those who sent gifts for prizes. May your hearts and homes be filled with the peaceful spirit of Christmas!
St. Alphonsus Christmas Project: The delivery elves delivered meat pies & cookies to more than 60 homes. The cookie baking elves made 1000 cookies…Wow!!! There were enough to give some to Daneen’s Homecare and the Meilleur Residence. Many thanks to all and to Father Tim for the meat pies. Have a Happy & Holy Christmas.
Sheenboro Euchre Tournament: held in Sheenboro Municipal Hall, Tuesday evenings. Sign-up starts at 6:45p.m. and the games start at 7:00 pm sharp. The cost is $5.00 per player. 50% of proceeds go to the winner. The other 50% is being raised for charity, either the 3rd world or local, yet to be determined. Please note December 24th and 31st there will be no cards. January 7th, 2020 euchre tournament resumes. A few ladies from Sheenboro thought this may be a nice outing thru the winter. Everyone welcome.
PILGRIMAGES: Medjugorje Pilgrimage: May 14-24, 2020. Price $2290.00. For more information please contact Patricia Duggan at 613 756-2655 or email@example.com.
Knights of Columbus – Council 1531 – is collecting Dues for the 2020 Fraternal year. Dues remain the same as 2019. Please send a cheque addressed to “Knights of Columbus-Council 1531” in care of the Financial Secretary, 170 Ellis Avenue, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 2H9. If you have any questions regarding your dues you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-321-2917.
Holiday Hours at the L’Isle-aux-Allumettes transfer site are as follows below:
Dec 23, 2019 – Open
Dec 25, 2019 – Closed
Dec 28, 2019 – Open
Dec 30, 2019 – Open
Jan 1, 2020 – Closed
Jan 4, 2020 – Open
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|1) I extend my sympathy and prayers to the family of Lorenzo Fleury whose funeral was celebrated in Chapeau last week. It’s difficult at any time to lose a loved one. But it’s doubly so when it happens during a festive holiday season like Christmas. So I ask you too to please remember this family in your prayers.
2) Advent comes to an end this weekend as we have arrived at the time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. What have you done to prepare for his birthday celebration? Remember, Jesus is ‘the reason for the season’!
3) Thank you to the brave and hearty souls who came out to Mass in Chapeau last Sunday despite the power outage. Engineers have told me that 12 inches of stone have an ‘R’ rating of one, so with our 3 ft. walls, so the church was hardly warmer inside than it was outside last weekend!
4) With the advent of the Carbon Tax imposed by the Quebec and Federal governments, we are paying more than 20% more for our heating fuel this year over last. While I appreciate that all of us have to pay this increase in our homes, I would ask you to consider either increasing your weekly offering or perhaps making a special contribution to help us pay for this increased expense. Thank you very much for your consideration of this request.
5) You might note two names being removed from our Prayer Sick List: Aspyn Carroll and Fr. Steven Ballard. Aspyn got to ‘ring the bell’ after her last treatment this week and when Fr. Ballard went for his pre-op scan, it was discovered that the tumour on his kidney has disappeared and there’s no trace of cancer left! But even though we celebrate their good news, we should offer prayers of thanksgiving for the gift of health which has been returned to each of them.
6) And finally, and most importantly… MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone. May Santa be generous, the weather be gentle, and love abound in your family!
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!