Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Eldon & Barbara Jennings
By: Meril & Iris Fleury
By: Mike &Jeanine Lampkin
|Funeral Mass of Anne Fleury-Rigo|
By: Marie-Paul & Jerry Muldoon
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: St. Alphonsus Choir
By: Mariette and Family
|Sheenboro||$ T.B.A.||Janet Retty|
|St. Joseph||$ T.B.A.|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Dan Kelly, Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan.
|Sheenboro||Karen Shea||Marie-Paule & Jerry Muldoon|
|St. Joseph||Sharon Fitzpatrick||Paul, Ron|
|Chapeau||André Chartrand||André, Gail|
C.W.L Membership Fees ($20.00) will be due early in January. An envelope is provided in your box or a regular one marked “C.W.L Fees” with your name on it. It can be put in the collection basket or given to a member
St. Alphonsus C.W.L: St. Alphonsus C.W.L. will host a Card Party for our Peruvian Child at Harrington Community Centre on Sunday, January 12th Registration at 12:30 and cards begin at 1 p.m. Light lunch will be served. Welcome all!
St. Joseph’s C.W.L: A special thanks to those who made all the cookies much appreciated! Thanks for all your help in decorating the church. Margaret 1) Thank you to everyone who helped to make all of our Christmas celebrations such a success. From the readers and eucharistic ministers, everyone involved in the Christmas pageants, to the musicians, choirs, and those responsible for decorating our church. Margaret Tallon won the Turkey basket. Congratulations!! We made $490.00 Thanks again for all your support.
Thank you: The family of the late Patricia (Patsy) Smith wish to express our heartfelt thanks to those who offered their sympathy in our time of sorrow. Thank you to everyone who brought food to the house, sent personal text messages, posted online condolences, expressed their sympathy by phone calls or in person, sent condolence cards and celebrated Patricia’s life at the funeral Mass.
Thanks to Fr. Tim Moyle for his comforting homily during the funeral Mass, St. Alphonsus choir for the beautiful music, Andre Chartrand, Michael Mainville, Meril Fleury as Eucharistic ministers, Hayes Funeral Home for their professional services and Tony Dunn for the cemetery preparation. Thanks also to George and Erla Picard for providing the luncheon venue and those who helped prepare and serve it.
Your many acts of kindness will not be forgotten.
Nora Smith and Family
Children’s Catechism Class: The next Catechism class will be held on Sunday, January 12th, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. at D.W.K.S. Mass attendance is a REQUIRED component of the program and children must get their attendance sheet signed after Mass in the sacristy. Thank you!
CHURCH ENVELOPES FOR 2020: will be available in the churches this weekend. Thank you. If you want to be a new envelope user, please take a blank box and put your name and address on the first couple of envelopes so we can enter you into our system. Thank you.
CHAPEAU: New list for lectors and Eucharistic ministers are available in the sacristy.
Sheenboro Euchre Tournament: held in Sheenboro Municipal Hall, Tuesday evenings. Sign-up starts at 6:45p.m. and the games start at 7:00 pm sharp. The cost is $5.00 per player. 50% of proceeds go to the winner. The other 50% is being raised for charity, either the 3rd world or local, yet to be determined. Please note December 24th and 31st there will be no cards. January 7th, 2020 euchre tournament resumes. A few ladies from Sheenboro thought this may be a nice outing thru the winter. Everyone welcome.
PILGRIMAGES: Medjugorje Pilgrimage: May 14-24, 2020. Price $2290.00. For more information please contact Patricia Duggan at 613 756-2655 or email@example.com.
Knights of Columbus – Council 1531 – is collecting Dues for the 2020 Fraternal year. Dues remain the same as 2019. Please send a cheque addressed to “Knights of Columbus-Council 1531” in care of the Financial Secretary, 170 Ellis Avenue, Pembroke, Ontario K8A 2H9. If you have any questions regarding your dues you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-321-2917.
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|1) Thank you to everyone who helped to make all of our Christmas celebrations such a success. From the readers and eucharistic ministers, everyone involved in the Christmas pageants, to the musicians, choirs, and those responsible for decorating our churches, everyone did an exceptional job. Your hard work was no doubt appreciated by all who attended the Christmas masses.
2) We will be publishing the collection totals for all those masses in next week’s bulletin. The workweek was too short to complete the counting and collating of all the collections, so I decided to wait until then to publish a complete report rather than presenting it piecemeal over two weeks. I thank you for your patience as I thank you for your generosity.
3) Speaking of generosity, I wish to offer my personal thanks for those of you who presented me with personal gifts of money, cards, and baking this Christmas. I am humbled by your kindness.
4) The Christmas season was, unfortunately, a time of grief for a number of families this year. Please keep the families of Patricia Smith and Eunice Meilleur whose funerals were already celebrated in Chapeau in your thoughts and prayers. I also ask you to pray for the repose of the soul of Celine Dupuis and Ann Fleury-Rigo whose funerals are still to come. Anne’s funeral will be celebrated this coming Friday at 11 am in St. Alphonsus Church while Celine Dupuis’s funeral mass is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, January 25th at 11 am (pending the completion of a coroner’s investigation), also in Chapeau. Both of these funerals were delayed as a result of the need for autopsies, and in Celine’s case, a coroner’s investigation. Their obituaries will be posted on the parish website as soon as they become available. May the grace of the Christmas child bring comfort and consolation to their families especially in light of the complications which delayed their final rites.
5) The Eucharistic Adoration program resumes this week in all three parishes. The schedule is as follows: Sheenboro – Saturday mornings from 9-11 am; Chapeau – Tuesday & Wednesday from 10:30 am to 4 pm; St. Joseph’s – Thursday & Friday evenings from 7-8 pm.
6) Our adult video series will also resume next week on Tuesday evening in St. Joseph’s and Wednesday morning in Chapeau. We will continue our exploration of the role of Forgiveness in our lives as Christians.