Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Funeral Mass for Helen Donlan|
Laurier & Dianne Mainville
By: Ron & Carol Price
Marie Corriveau & Mary Rabishaw
Mr. & Mrs. Jim Harrington
|Missa Pro Populo|
Mr. & Mrs. Leo Spence
By: Joanne & Tommy
By: Poncho, Andre, Naomi & Nathan
|Sheenboro||$ 529.00 Toonie $ 70.70|
|St. Joseph||$1,116.00 Toonie $110.00||Sharon Gribbon, Monday, March 2nd|
|Chapeau||$1,755.00 Toonie $145.75|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Lisa Lariviere, Jimmy Gallagher, Dan Kelly, Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Kim Warren, Paul Dennie, Charlie Conway, and Judy Sullivan.
|Sheenboro||Francis Downey||Peter, Jerry|
|St. Joseph||Carol Price||Ron, Elaine|
|Chapeau||Nicole Bertrand||Nicole, André|
St. Alphonsus C.W.L:
Thank you to all C.W.L. members who have already sent in their membership ($20). We would appreciate receiving the others ASAP as it makes it much easier for all concerned when they can all be sent in at one time.
YOUNG AT HEART
1) Day tour Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 with Suzanne Dubeau. Join us for an exciting and fun day tour to the “Ottawa Tulip Festival” and a luncheon/theatre at “Oh Canada Eh!” Departure from Chapeau at 8:00 a.m. with a late afternoon arrival home. Cost is $162.00 per person, payable in full on registration by March 11th for members only. After this date, it will be open to the public. The deadline to register is April 2nd, 2020. Contact persons: Jerome Sallafranque 689-2208 or Ron Price 613-639-0292.
2) On Wednesday, March 11th the Club will serve “Irish Stew” for members only at 11:30 a.m.
1st Sunday of Lent Gospel Reflection:
The scene of the temptation, which opens the public life of Jesus, declares in the Gospels in a very forceful manner the great change in our lives that He introduces into the world by His work of redemption. Where Adam fell, Christ, the new Head of humanity, triumphs over the power of Satan: at the time of His passion “the prince of this world” will be cast out. The Gospel of the temptation heralds Christ’s victory in advance.
By appointing this Gospel for the beginning of Lent the Church proclaims that this victory should be ours also. In us, as all around us, it is Christ’s temptation, Christ’s struggle, Christ’s victory which is prolonged; our effort is His and so is our strength; His will be our victory at Easter.
2019 INCOME TAX RECEIPTS: Your 2019 income tax receipts are ready and available at the back of the churches this weekend. If by chance your receipt is not there. Please call the office (689-5757or 689-5232) and we will issue you one. Thank you.
Harrington Community Centre Annual General Meeting: Will be held on Tuesday, March 31st, 2020 at 7:00p.m. Everyone Welcome
Knights of Columbus – Council 1531:
1) Tickets are now on sale for the annual Irish play, sponsored by Bishop N.Z. Lorrain council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus. Dates this year are March 8 and 15 starting at 1:30 p.m. and March 13 and 16 starting at 7:30 p.m. All shows will be at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Ellis Avenue in Pembroke. Tickets are available at all Mulvihill pharmacies in Pembroke, the CNIB outlet at Wal Mart in Pembroke and O’Grady’s Flowers and Gifts in Eganville. Tickets are $15 in advance at $18 at the door.
2)The next regular meeting of Bishop N.Z. Lorrain Council 1531 will be held Tuesday, March 10 at 7:30 p.m. It will be at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Ellis Avenue in Pembroke.
3) Bishop N.Z. Lorrain council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will host its annual Lenten retreat on Tuesday, March 24 at the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue. It starts at 7 p.m. and is open to everyone. The retreat will be led by Father Mike Smith of St. Jean Baptiste Church.
4) The Knights of Columbus has made it easier for prospective members to join the ranks and serve the community. Under the old system, a person would have to go through various stages to become a full-fledged member. Now a candidate goes through one initiation to get the first, second and third degrees. Application is also easier in that you can apply online. Contact Maurice Levesque or any member of the executive. Membership is open to men over the age of 18.
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|1) We offer our sympathy and condolences to the families of David Gagnon of Chichester and Helen Donlan of Chapeau who have both died this week. The funeral for Mr. Gagnon was held on Friday afternoon while Mrs. Donlan’s services will be held in Chapeau on Monday morning at 11 am. Please pray for the repose of their souls and the consolation of their families in this time of personal grief.
2) I remind everyone once again that our Eucharist Adoration program is a great addition to add to your Lenten prayer activities. It happens Saturday morning in Sheenboro between 9 am and 11 am. In Chapeau it occurs on Tuesday and Wednesdays from 10:20 am to 4 pm, while on Thursday and Friday evenings from 7 pm to 8 pm it takes place in St. Joseph’s. I am also available in St. Joseph’s on both evenings to hear confessions for anyone who desires it.
3) Our video program on Mary continues on Tuesday evening (7 pm) in St. Joseph’s and Wednesday morning (10:20 am) in Chapeau. This is a wonderful opportunity to grow in our knowledge and love of the Blessed Virgin as we see the many roles she plays in our salvation story. Why not dedicate an hour a week throughout Lent to learning more about the glories and wonders of what God has done for us? It’s a productive and enjoyable way of giving God that extra attention we promised as our Lenten discipline.
4) We are welcoming Mya Charlotte Loella Meehan, infant daughter of Jessie Meehan and Bethany Evans through baptism into our Catholic family. Please keep Mya and her family in your prayers.
5) I’ve just been informed that Mr. Leo Spence of St. Joseph’s Parish has died. Funeral arrangements are in the care of the Neville Funeral Home in Pembroke. The tentative date for the funeral is Monday, March 9th. A confirmation of date and time will be posted in next weekend’s bulletin.
Leave a Reply