Parish Bulletin – 2nd Sunday of Easter (Divine Mercy Sunday) 19 April 2020
1) Our prayers and condolences go out to the families of Dianne Venasse (née Gaudette) and Lisa Lariviere who have died this past week. Please pray for the repose of their souls and the comfort of their families.
2) Well, we had our first live-streamed Mass this weekend. Unfortunately, I am still fighting with some of the technology involved and had to resort to using my iPhone, but it seemed to work out fine. 163 people tuned in when it was live and another 90+ people watched it later in the day. As I said in my homily, I never thought the day would come when I would be celebrating the sacrifice of the Mass for a ‘virtual’ or digital congregation, but for a first-time event, I think it was a success. Tune in again next Sunday at 10 am for the next live-streamed Mass… and doubt forget to tell your friends and family to watch as well.
3) Another point I mentioned in the live streamed Mass was that we have now established an account with ‘CanadaHelps.org’, a co-op of Canadian charities and non-profits designed to help collect online donations. You will find the widget to make a donation on the left hand side of the parish blog https://uppontiacparishes.com/.
4) PRAYER DURING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
They cried to the Lord in their trouble,
And he saved them from their distress;
He sent out his word and healed them,
And delivered them from destruction.
Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love,
For his wonderful works to humankind.
I pray for all who have become sick or died by the coronavirus that has been spreading around the world. In your mercy and compassion, deliver us from this disease, In your holy wisdom, guide all who are working to contain the outbreak, In your steadfast love, bring healing to all your children who have become sick, Welcome into your arms the ones that died, Comfort the ones they left behind.
In faith, I place my trust in you.
In hope, I turn to you in my time of need.
In love, I give glory to your name.
In gratitude, I will praise you with my life.
In your Son’s name I pray.
5) PRAYER FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF A NEW BISHOP:
Prayer: Heavenly Father, we ask in the name of your Son, that you bless our future bishop. Provide him with the gifts he will need to carry on the ministry of Jesus in our diocese. Grant him the heart of your Son, the heart of the Good Shepherd. Bestow upon him the zeal of St. Paul in preaching the Good News; the humility of St. John Vianney in ministering the sacraments; the compassion of St. Vincent-de-Paul in serving those most in need; the wisdom of St. Augustine in teaching the doctrine of our Church; and the missionary fervour of St. Columbkille, our patron. Through Christ our Lord. Amen
Prière: Dieu notre Père nous te demandons, au nom de ton Fils, de bénir notre futur évêque. Donne-lui les dons dont il aura besoin pour exercer le ministère de Jésus dans notre diocèse. Accorde-lui le cœur de ton Fils, le cœur du Bon Pasteur. Donne-lui le zèle de saint Paul pour prêcher la Bonne Nouvelle; l’humilité de saint Jean Vianney dans l’administration des sacrements; la compassion de saint Vincent de Paul pour servir les plus démunis; la sagesse de saint Augustin dans l’enseignement de la doctrine de notre Église; et la ferveur missionnaire de saint Columbkille, notre patron. Par Jésus, le Christ, notre Seigneur. Amen