Live Streamed Mass Schedule:
Tuesday: 10 am Gilles Groulx Sr. – Sheila Stacey
Wednesday: 10 am Darnell-James Roy – Emilia Belair
Thursday: 7 pm David Aubin, Walter Yeo, and Lillian Moyle – Ann Yeo
Friday: 7 pm Trevor Lindley – Mary Teresa Kidd
Sunday: 10 am Intentions of all parishioners of our parishes
Live Streamed Adoration Schedule:
Tuesday: 10:20 am to 2:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:20 am to 2:00 pm
Thursday: 7:20 pm to 8:00 pm (Benediction at 7:55 pm)
Friday: 7:20 pm to 8:00 pm (Benediction at 7:55 pm)
1) Please join me in offering sympathy and condolences to Sheila Stacey upon the sudden death this week of her partner of 15 years, Mr. Gilles Groulx.
I also ask you to pray for the repose of the soul of Mr. Darnell-James Roy, a cherished friend of Emilia Belair. He succumbed this week in hospital after a long battle with the COVID-19 virus. May God grant peace and comfort to both of their families and friends during their time of bereavement.
2) I am still open to receive Mass Intentions for our live-streamed Masses. You can either call me at 819-689-5232 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific intentions you might want to be offered on your behalf.
3) If there’s one question I get asked over and over again these days it’s: “When will the churches open their doors again?” I wish that I could give you a definite answer but unfortunately, that still isn’t possible. The Quebec Government’s latest information is that it might not happen until the final stages of a re-opening strategy for the Province. Because of this statement a coalition of Quebec religious leaders, including representatives of the Quebec Catholic Bishops, met this past week with the government to express the desire that we be allowed to open sooner rather than later. As a result, the government has entered into negotiations with them to first work out ‘how’ we can safely open up again and then once this process is agreed upon to work towards the earliest possible date. Stay tuned for further developments.
4) In the meantime, I am very pleased and surprised by the large number of people who have been taking advantage of tuning into our live-streamed Masses, Eucharistic Adorations and Benedictions. I sincerely hope and pray that once we get back to something closer to normal, when we can gather together in person as compared to virtually online as we are doing now, that some of those who are now watching on computer and tv screens will be inspired by the Holy Spirit to join with us in our celebrations of the Eucharist.
5) Fr. Joe O’Malley of our diocese sent me the following document on how you can make your participation in our live-streamed events a little more meaningful. Click on this link to download it. 2020 Mass
6) Here is a message from the Canadian Bishops to all Catholics on this Pentecost Sunday.
Message – 2020 Pentecost – EN
Voici un message des évêques Canadiens à tous les catholiques en ce dimanche de Pentecôte. Message – Pentecôte 2020 – FR