PARISH BULLETIN – HOLY TRINITY SUNDAY – 7 JUNE 2020
Tuesday: 10: am Margaret Duquette from Imelda & Ann
Wednesday 10: am NO STREAM/MASS
Thursday: 7: pm Verna Sullivan – Her family
Friday: 7: pm Trevor Lindley – Mary Teresa and Family
Sunday: 10: am Intentions of all Parishioners
Tuesday 10:20 am – 2 pm
Wednesday: Canceled for this week
Thursday: 7:15 pm to 8:00 pm with Benediction at 7:55 pm
Friday: 7:15 pm to 8:00 pm with Benediction at 7:55 pm.
- Our condolences and prayers go out to the family of Mrs. Verna Sullivan, wife of Dillon Sullivan who passed away this week. Due to the COVID virus restrictions, no funeral service will be offered at this time. Please pray that God grant an abundance of peace and faith to those who grieve her death.
- Thank you to Louis Schryer who has managed to improve the sound quality of our streamed Masses. With his help we will soon be streaming not only on Facebook but on YouTube as well. This streaming initiative is reaching many hundred of parishioners and friends as it is. Hopefully we’ll be able to reach even more as we expand our presence online. Watch for announcements here on the blog.
- Having a problem using the ‘Donate’ widget on our parish blog? You’re not alone. The capacity of CanadaHelps.org seems to be tested on Sunday mornings with so many churches using it online to gather donations. Please try again at a later time if the site cannot process your donations on the first try. The problem seems to be only with the Credit Card option. If you have a PayPal account, it seems to be an easier transaction to for them to process. We are very appreciative of your patience and generosity in helping us to pay our bills.
- Since I’m on the subject of money, now would seem a good time to bring everyone up to speed on where we stand financially. Up until now we’ve been able to pay all of our bills and salaries drawing upon funds that we’ve saved up over the past number of years since I’ve been pastor here. Effective 1 June 2020, the Diocese has forwarded to us sufficient funds to ensure we can continue this way until the end of August. Once the Diocese receives the wage subsidy allowance for our parishes from the Federal government (75% starting from the month of March), it will put that amount towards paying off our loan. This subsidy should be sufficient to cover most if not all of the amount they have lent us. But we will still require as much financial support through your generosity as possible to ensure that this will come to pass as planned. So thank you once again for your continuing support.
- While our offices are closed for most of the week, it will be open with Pauline in the St. Joseph’s office on Thursday afternoons. I am also available by phone by calling that office at 819-689-5232. When I am not physically present, your calls are forwarded to my cell phone.
- Want to have a Streamed Mass celebrated for a specific intention? You can send it to me via email (email@example.com) or by phone (819-689-5232). I will be honoured to offer a Mass for your loved ones, living or deceased.
- Our new Ordinary, +Bishop Guy Desrochers will be installed in a private ceremony on July 3rd at the Cathedral Church in Pembroke. A public celebration will scheduled for us to meet and greet Bishop Desrochers once the COVID restrictions are lifted. Please keep our new Bishop in your daily prayer intentions.
- Do you pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy? How about a daily Rosary? I am looking for a volunteer or two who would be willing to lead these devotions online using the streaming equipment in St. Joseph’s Church. This would be a great way for you to live out your obligations towards the cause of evangelization and help establish these practices as part of the daily prayer life of others. Just give me a call if you are at all interested. We are also exploring ways that we can begin streaming some of the YouTube posts from folks like Bishop Desrochers who maintains his own channel there. Watch here for further announcements.
- The Pembroke Diocese’s website has been revamped and renewed and is now online. Check it out at pembrokediocese.com.
Best wishes to everyone… and keep safe, one and all until we get to gather together again.