Common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Fever greater or equal to 37.8 Celsius,
- new or worsening cough,
- Shortness of breath.
Other symptoms can include:
- Sore throat,
- difficulty swallowing,
- changes in sense of smell or taste,
- abdominal pain,
- runny nose or nasal congestion (different than usual allergy symptoms).
Atypical signs and symptoms of COVID-19 should be considered, particularly in children:
- Unexplained fatigue,
- malaise or muscle aches,
- delirium (acutely altered mental status),
- unexplained falls or functional decline,
- exacerbation of chronic conditions, chills,