Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Tuesday||10:00 AMChapeau||Tracey McKinleyBy: Maureen & Helen Morris|
|Wednesday||10:00 AMSt. Joseph||Ash Wednesday||Edgar DowneyBy: Mr. & Mrs. Jim Harrington|
|Wednesday||6:00 PMChapeau||Ash Wednesday||Mary MichaudBy: Chantal & Michael Desjardins|
|Wednesday||7:15 PMSheenboro||Ash Wednesday||Brandon PerraultBy: Teresa Downey & Family|
|Thursday||10:00 AMSt. Joseph||Norma SullivanBy: Lorna & Charles Conway|
|Friday||10:00 AMSt. Joseph||Patrick BegganBy: Maureen & Helen Morris|
|Friday||7:00 PMChapeau||Stations of the Cross|
|Saturday||5:00 PMSheen||7th Sunday in Ordinary Time||Missa Pro Populo|
|Saturday||9:00 AMSt. Joseph||7th Sunday in Ordinary Time||Mr. & Mrs. Michel GallagherBy: Jean Gallagher|
|Sunday||10:30 AMChapeau||7th Sunday in Ordinary Time||Frances KennedyBy: Allan & Noelle KennedyKatie Phelan
By: St. Alphonsus CWL
|Sheen||Karen Shea||Mary Edwards|
|St. Joseph||Eulalia Ryan||Elaine McGuire|
|Chapeau||Mariette Sallafranque||Mariette, Gail|
|Sheen||$505.00||Janet Retty (Feb. 23)|
|St. Joseph||$ 975.00|
- The Chapeau CWL will host a CARD PARTY for the Coady Institute TODAY(February 15). Registration at 1 pm. and cards at 1:30 pm. Light lunch will be served. All are welcome.
Thanks to everyone who have brought in used stamps. One thing to remember when cutting them: please leave at least ½ inch of paper all around the stamp. Your efforts are appreciated.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Alexis Lepine, Alvin Lepine, Peter Breekyk, Frances Giroux (St. Joseph) Chris Gardner, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger ,Doreen Dubeau, & John Lapierre.
BOOKING MASSES: If you are looking for a special date you should call the office well in advance because dates fill up so quickly and you may not be guaranteed. As they allotted on a first come first serve basis. Thank you for your cooperation
NOTES FROM FR. TIM
1) BIBLE STUDY CLASSES: It would seem that our changing the hour of our bible study class was a mistake as far fewer folks are coming out on Thursday afternoons than attended when the classes were in the evening. So effective this week it will be moved to WEDNESDAY afternoons at 1:30 pm in the St. Joseph’s rectory. If this doesn’t succeed in meeting people’s needs, I am open to moving the classes back to an evening hour or even perhaps a Saturday morning. Watch here for further developments.
2) Life has been very difficult lately for Pauline Lepine our parish secretary. Her family is dealing with the death of two grandparents in one week (Pauline’s mother and then her father-in-law) and her family’s impending move out of the priest house in Chapeau into her new home has kept her away from the office a great deal over the past few weeks. Your patience and understanding are appreciated (as are your prayers on her behalf) if it takes a little longer these days to respond to any requests brought to the office. We are doing the best we can under difficult circumstances.
3) Well, the Photo Directories have been distributed and now comes the phase in which uncaught errors are noted and brought to our attention. Please understand that this project got stretched out far longer than expected due to no fault other than the change in pastors. Put simply, I didn’t know the parishioners of each church well enough to be able to catch the errors myself. Further, I was under the impression that we were to receive one directory with everyone’s pictures included and not the three separate books that eventually arrived. Had I understood this better, I would have taken steps to ensure each photo was in the correct directory. I take full responsibility for any errors that resulted from this oversight and sincerely apologize for any and all the mistakes in them. I ask your forgiveness and pray that no one will be so upset as to quit participating in the life of their parish due to my errors.
4) Lent begins this Wednesday with the celebration of Ash Wednesday in each of the parishes. This penitential season is offered by the Church to help us prepare for the great Easter feasts. It is a time in which we are called to perform extra acts of prayer, fasting, abstinence, and almsgiving as means to help us appreciate the consequences of our sins. So what are your Lenten plans this year?
5) PLEASE pray for vocations to the priesthood for our diocese! Our Bishop has had to reorganize the parishes in the middle Pontiac with the departure of Fr. Francis who was serving in Campbell’s Bay and Vinton. Fr. Ghislain will now serve the former and Fr, Réal the latter – both in addition to the two parishes they were already serving. Why not keep these two good priests and their new parishes in your prayers as a Lenten activity as well as praying for future vocations too?
6) This season of spiritual prayer, abstinence, and good works is a good time to build up hours as part of your family’s commitment to our ’40 Hours for the Kingdom’ campaign. The Stations of the Cross will be celebrated at 7 pm. on each Friday during Lent in Chapeau.
ENVELOPE BOXES: If you are new to the Parish or if your name is not on any of the boxes. Please feel free to take a blank box and put your name and address on your first couple of envelopes so we can put you into the system. Thank you so much.
Personalized basic computer or smartphone training, free, by appointment on Thursdays, continuing weekly until mid-March. For more information and to sign up, call Joanne at West Pontiac Connects, 819-689-2878.
CHOSEN: Once we enter in the New Year, Our Lady of Lourdes in Pembroke will begin a youth ministry program called “Chosen.” Youth from other parishes are most welcome. Who? Youth from Grades 9-12,
What ? Dynamic Faith formation. When? on Sundays from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm Where? at Our Lady of Lourdes Hall Why? This is an awesome program and our faith is worth it! Questions? Contact Fr. Michael 613-735-6392.
UPPER PONTIAC SPORTS COMPLEX: is open for public skating Wednesdays and Fridays 6:30 to 7:50. The cost is $2 for adults, $1 for children and free when we have a sponsor. Here is a list of sponsors: Brennan’s Recreational Farms, Mark Jennings the Investors group, Dubeau Grocery, Lepine’s Garage, DC Restaurant Groceries & Bar, Chapeau CWL, Art Fleming & Sons Ltd, Tony Donnelly, Chapeau & District Lion’s Club, Winston & Charlotte Sunstrum and Caisse Populaire Chapeau, February 13 Hayes Funeral Home, February 20 Frank Michaud Construction, February 27 Upper Pontiac Soccer Club
” Pembroke Symphony Orchestra”: The PSO will host “Louis Schryer” as they present “Fiddle on Fire” on Saturday Feb.21,2015, 7:30 pm. Tickets available at Festival Hall or at Door. ”
Il y aura une soirée de bulletins le jeudi 19 février 2015 de 18h30 a 21h00 a l’école secondaire Sieur-de-Coulonge. Venez rencontrer les enseignants de vos enfants.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Bishop N.Z. Lorrain council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus will host its annual Shrove Tuesday pancake supper on Tuesday, February 17th at the Knights of Columbus Hall, on Ellis Avenue, Pembroke at 4:30 p.m.
The Annual Lenten Twilight Retreat will be held at the Knights of Columbus Hall, Ellis Avenue, Pembroke, on Tuesday, February 24th starting at 7:00 p.m. Bishop Mulhall will be the speaker at this retreat. It is open to all members of the Knights of Columbus, their families, and all interested persons