Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Marielle Demers
By: A Parishioner
|For Special Intentions
By: A Parishioner
|Canada Day||Frances Giroux
By: Marilyn & Dan Jodouin
|Canada Day||Brandon Perrault
By: Kenny & Mary Meehan
Lornie Sullivan and Deceased Parents & Family Members By: Betty Morris
|Funeral Mass for Sharon Sullivan|
|Missa Pro Populo|
|James A. Ronchetti
By: Brenda & Gerry
|Jeanne Allard Mainville
By: Kevin & Monique Harrington
By: Mado & Family
|Sheenboro||Francis Downey||Doris Ranger|
|St. Joseph||Eulalia Ryan||Elaine McGuire|
|Chapeau||Tom Carroll||Gail, Janie|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Shane Sullivan, Herman Morin, Viola Fleury, Dean Fitzpatrick, Kerry Kelly, Alexis Lepine, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$ 645.00||Janet Retty, Monday June 27th|
|St. Joseph||$ 1,437.00|
142nd ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE: to Sainte-Anne-de Beaupré and Cap-de-la Madeleine will be on August 13-14, 2015, 2015. Our weekend celebrant is Archbishop Paul-André Durocher, Archdiocese of Gatineau. Pope Francis has encouraged all of us to make a pilgrimage during the Year of Mercy. What an opportunity to participate in this 142nd Annual Pilgrimage. The Archdiocese of Québec designated to a Door of Mercy at the Shrine of Ste. Anne-de-Beaupré. Ste-Anne is a “Stations of Mercy. Information: Sylvia Soucie at 819-683-2537 or in Ottawa at Mike Budge 613-224-8110 www.stanne-de-beaupre.com.
CHICHESTER MUSEUM: has hired a student, Bryce Godin. The museum will be opened starting Sunday, June 26th and will be closed on Monday and Tuesdays.
CHAPEAU REGIONALE GALLERIE NEWS: GARAGE SALE: Every Saturday from 9 am – 1 pm and Sunday 10 am – 4 pm at the Chapeau Regionale Gallerie 106 St. Jacques Street Chapeau, Qc (across from St. Alphonsus Church). Come and visit our Art Gallery and Museum and enjoy a piece of pie and ice cream with a beverage of your choice.
STRAWBERRY SOCIAL & BBQ AT CHAPEAU REGIONALE GALLERIE: on Sunday, July 3rd, 2016 from 11:00 am-4:00 pm. The day will include a B.B.Q., garage and pie sale, local entertainment, clown, face painting, Texas horseshoe, ball toss, church and gallery tours, etc. Bring your lawn chair. Come meet your celebrity Cook!
CANADA DAY SILENT AUCTION 2016 : July 1st is almost here and so is our 19th auction. Once again we are counting on you for contributions. Home baking, preserves, gently used items, brunches, and dinners are always popular. Some item you bought but can’t use could be someone else’s treasure. Maybe you and friends could make up a theme basket of teas and biscuits; picnic items; cheese and sausages; wine and cheese. People love offers of services such as handyman jobs. Your ideas are probably better than mine. Donations can be dropped off on Thursday, June 30th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. or at Angie’s any time 67 Tripp Road. Angie 819-689-2486. All proceeds to Sheen RA and Parish Hall.
CHAPEAU GALLERY NEWS: New in July. There will be a meet and greet on Tuesdays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Come out, bring a friend to have a coffee and conversation and meet new people. (No charge). Everyone Welcome! Hope to see you there!
Information Meeting on the 13-day Pilgrimage to Poland in October: Monday June 27 at 7 pm in the basement of St. Columbkille Cathedral, 188 Renfrew St. Pembroke. Final date to register: JULY 5. For info call Laurie 613-732-5739.
Attention St. Alphonsus Readers and EOMEs: Your new schedule is ready and can be picked up in the sacristy. Thank you.
PILGRIMAGE TO THE SHRINE OF ST. ANN-CORMAC, ONTARIO: will be held on Sunday, July 31st, 2016 with Bishop Michael Mulhall and Father Howard Chabot. For more information call 613-628-2020 or check poster on the Bulletin Board. A bus will be available to take people to the annual pilgrimage at St. Anne’s in Cormac on July 31. It will leave from the front of St. Columbkille’s Cathedral at 9 a.m. The bus is being sponsored by Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus. For further information, please see: www.cormacpilgrimage.com.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Congratulations to all the graduates from our parish schools! Completing this phase of your education is a significant accomplishment. You deserve to be properly proud of this achievement.
2) A reminder to the friends and neighbours of Sharon Sullivan, a summer cottager who died this past winter that her funeral mass will be celebrated in St. Alphonsus Church this coming Saturday at 11 am.
3) Our Bible Study meetings have come to an end for this season. We will resume again once in September. Mark it on your calendar and start with us in the new school year. New members are always welcome.
4) Please remember to say a prayer for all the parents who’s children start their summer holidays this weekend. May God keep all the children safe and all their parents (and grandparents) sane until they return to classes in the fall.
5) The office was closed this Friday for the St. Jean Baptiste civic holiday and next Friday for Canada Day as well. You can leave a voice mail message if you need something from the office and we will reply to your request on the following Tuesday. Thank you for your understanding.
6) If you are looking for something to do to celebrate our national holiday on July 1st, I suggest taking a drive to Sheenboro. There are activities all day long beginning with mass at 9 am in St. Paul the Hermit Parish.
7) If you are getting married this year and have not yet had your 2nd appointment with Fr. Tim to complete your paperwork and plan the celebration you had better contact him asap!!