Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Funeral Mass for Teresa Conroy|
By: Theresa Hoffman
|Marie Anne Lair
By: Lydia & Rick Lewis
|For the intentions of Fr. MacRae
By: Maria Desouza
|Special intention of Michelle Jennings & Jean Paul Lariviere
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
|4th Sunday of Lent||Missa Pro Populo|
|4th Sunday of Lent||Donna Tallon
By: Genevieve & Stan Bresseau
|4th Sunday of Lent||Elzéar & Alexina St. Jean
By: Royale & Jacqueline Mainville
By: Mom, Dad & Family
|Sheenboro||Kaleigh Gleason||Mary Edwards|
|St. Joseph||Frank Trzebiatowski||Margaret Tallon|
|Chapeau||Monique Fleury||Bernie, Meril|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Judy Bechamp, Billy Brennan, Lauretta Reid, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Herman Morin, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan, Teresa Gaston, Norma Ranger.
|Chapeau||$1,515.00||Donna Gagnon, Monday, March 20th|
2017 BOXES OF ENVELOPES: If you are new to the Parish or if your name is not on any of the boxes, please feel free to take a blank box and put your name and address on your first couple of envelopes so we can enter it into the system. Thank you so much.
CHRISM MASS: all parishioners are invited to the Chrism Mass which will be celebrated at St. Columbkille Cathedral on Tuesday of Holy Week, April 11, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. The Bishop will bless the Oil of Catechumens, the Oil of the Sick and he will consecrate the Holy Chrism.
C.W.L ST. ANNE PARISH – CALUMET ISLAND – EASTER BRUNCH: will be held on Sunday March 26, 2017 from 10:00 am. to 1:30 p.m. Adults $12 and Children 10 and Under $5.00 at the Municipal Hall on 8 Monsigneur Martel. Take out is available. There will be a 50/50 draw and many other draws. Everyone is welcome! Please bring a non-perishable food item to the Brunch for “Bouffe Pontiac”. The C.W.L. will also have their 2016 cookbook for sale at a cost of $15.
UPPER PONTIAC SPORTS COMPLEX: We would like to thank our sponsors for the months of January & February. A big thank you Ian Gagnon Garage & Towing, Milton Kidd & Sons, Chapeau District Lions Club , Chapeau C.W.L, Winston Sunstrum & Family, Sullivan Homestead/Donovan Sullivan & Chapeau R.A.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS: Knight of Columbus Council 1531 in Pembroke will host its annual Lenten Retreat on March 28 starting at 7 p.m. Father Michael Weitl will be the speaker. This event is open to everyone.
COLLECTION COUNTERS: Looking for a few more volunteer counters from each Parish for Monday’s from 9:00 a.m. to 1030 a.m.. If interested please contact the office to give your name 819-689-5232. Thank you.
Ever wonder why we’re celebrating a mass each week for the Intention of Fr. Gordon McCrea? Here’s a url address that explains who he is and why his supporters having been requesting a mass each week: http://www.catholicjournal.us/2016/09/16/father-gordon-j-macrae-story/
MARK YOUR CALENDARS MARCH 26, 2017
ST. ALPHONSUS FUNDRAISER – SPRING CONCERT AND DINNER
– Reserve your ticket(s) – $20 – Dinner (5:30 p.m. and Concert (3:00 p.m. and
– $10 Concert only. Limited 200 dinner tickets. Tickets available from Pauline at Parish Office. Also, planning a Silent Auction – If you are interested in donating a prize or to purchase ticket(s), please contact Gene O’Brien at 819-689-2410 and Helen Davis 819-689-5271.
COME AND SUPPORT YOUR CHURCH! Tickets are available after mass on Sunday March 12th, 19th and 26th.
Please pray for the repose of the soul of Charlene Spence. Wife of the late Mansel Spence, of Cornwall Ontario. She is sister in law of Ida Czmielewski and Denzil Spence
NEXT CHILDREN’S CATECHISM CLASS: will be held on Sunday, April 2nd at 9:15 at Dr. Wilbert Keon School.
Confirmation class with meet with Fr. Tim after church in the sacristy. Thank you!
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: Thank you to all those members who have paid their membership fees ($20.00). Anyone who intends to pay their fees and hasn’t already done so, we’d appreciate receiving them ASAP.
ANNUAL LENTEN DAY OF REFLECTION: Annual Lenten Day of Reflection; “Jesus, the Mercy of God”: with Fr. Howard Chabot and Deacon Adrien Chaput at St. John Chrysostom Parish Hall in Arnprior on Saturday, April 8th from 10:00 a.m. (9:00 a.m. coffee/muffins) until 2:00 p.m. There is no fee for the day but registration is required by calling the parish office or 613-623-3722 or e-mail email@example.com since a lunch will be provided. Last date to register will be Wednesday, April 5th. Everyone is welcome!
Stations of the Cross: Friday in Sheenboro at 7 pm. Next Week – St. Joseph’s
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) We extend our sympathy and condolences to the families of Teresa Conroy (nee Fortune) and Elmer Gallagher who both passed away this week. It seems somewhat appropriate that they follow each other so closely into eternal life given that they lived as neighbours in Chapeau for so many years!. Teresa’s wake will be held this Sunday from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm at the Hayes Funeral Chapel in Chapeau with the funeral mass celebrated on Monday at11 am in St. Alphonsus Parish. Elmer Gallagher’s wake will also be held at the Hayes Funeral Chapel on Sunday, March 26 from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm. His funeral will be held in St. Joseph’s Church on Monday, March 27th at 11 am. Please keep both of their families in your thoughts and prayers.
2) A reminder to the students preparing to receive their confirmation at the hand of Bishop Mulhall this coming June to study well. The exam testing your knowledge of the sacrament will be held at our next class. Passing this test is a requirement for receiving the sacrament. You don’t want to have to repeat the course again next year!!
3) We will be having a parish meeting for St. Alphonsus Church immediately following this Sunday’s mass to explain the various construction and repair work that is taking place. Since you are going to be asked many times to help contribute financially to these projects you might as well find out how your money is going to be spent.
4) Have you purchased your ticket yet for the Spring Concert and Supper in aid of St. Alphonsus Church? Not only will there be beautiful music next weekend but it’s being followed with a tasty roast beef supper in Harrington Community Centre. Please help to make both halves of this event a great success.
5) We welcome Fr. Mitch back to Sheenboro this weekend. I trust he will enjoy the traditional hospitality that the residents there are so famous for and gets to stuff himself with lots of good food at the parish potluck which follows the 5 pm. mass. Our thanks to him as well for his generous gift of a St. Patrick’s statue to adorn St. Paul the Hermit Church. It will be just one more touch of green in that place where the Irish are so strongly felt!