Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|Nora & Rene Gaudette
By: Jeannette Gaudette
By: Mary Lafleur
By: Lorna & Charlie Conway
|Special Intention of Joanne Souliere & Fr. Tim
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
By: Barry &Gayle Morris
By: Marilyn Crozon
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Mado & Family
Thérèse & Jean Allard
By: Gaetan, Lise, Patrick & Annabelle St. Cyr
|Sheenboro||Patty Hansen||Mary Edwards|
|St. Joseph||Eulalia Ryan||Paul Morris|
|Chapeau||Colleen Fleming||Meril, Gail|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK Marian McGuire-Rochon, Viola Fleury, Cindy Chevalier, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Judy Bechamp, Lauretta Reid, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
|Parish||Collection||Counter Monday’s at 9:00 a.m.|
|St. Joseph||$1,393.00||Sharon Gribbon, Monday, July 10th|
|Chapeau||$1,990.00||Mariette Sallafranque, Tuesday, July 4th|
New schedule for Readers and EOME is ready to be picked up in the sacristy.
MARRIAGE BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Cody Carroll son of Thomas Carroll and Kerri Caldwell and Andrea Clare England daughter of William Lloyd England and Kimberly Ann Stoppa. The wedding will be celebrated at 1:00 PM on Saturday, July 15th, 2017 at St. Alphonsus Church.
There is a promise of marriage between David Vaillancourt son of Andre Vaillancourt and Mary Ann Keon and Kelsey McDonald daughter of Stephen McDonald and Shannon Morris. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 PM on Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 at St. Alphonsus Church.
THANK YOU: A sincere ‘Thank You’ to everyone who expressed heartfelt sympathy and condolences during the recent loss of a wife/ mother/grandmother, Iona Morris. A special thank you to the choir for working with Iona’s nieces and nephews to provide beautiful music and Fr. Moyle & Fr. Chabot and everyone who was in attendance at the service for the wonderful send off. Also to the paramedics & Greg Hayes for their compassion and excellent service. We are eternally grateful to all that brought food, flowers, donations, many cards and Masses. We also very much appreciate the continued support given to our Father as he proceeds on his journey without Mom. We are all so blessed to be surrounded with so much kindness and compassion. Blessing to all of you.
Raymond Morris & Family
On the occasion of the 150th Anniversary of Canada there is a one day bus trip to Ottawa on September 6th for $139 per person. Twenty dollars is required now to reserve your seat. Call Mariette Gaudette at 819-689-2544 for more information.
CHAPEAU GALLERY NEWS: The Chapeau Gallery & Garage sale is now opened. (The month of July open Friday, Saturday & Sundays from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.). Come & visit the new artwork & artisans displays & gift shop, etc….. Bake Sale on Sunday July 2nd after mass.
WALK THE OPEONGO LINE – JULY 27– 30: A walking pilgrimage to celebrate the annual pilgrimage to St. Anne’s, Cormac. For more information and to register go to walktheopeongoline.com or contact Fr. Scott Murray -email@example.com or 613 735-6392.
|Notes from Fr. Tim|
|1) Thank you to the Chapeau choir for all their service. They will begin their summer recess next weekend.
2) Our sympathy is extended to the families of Carl Bowers, Herman Morin, and Lorna Bressault whose funerals were celebrated this past week.
3) We welcome Ella Jean Lariviere and Mariah Laura Lariviere who were baptized into our Catholic faith last Sunday in Chapeau.
4) The office in Chapeau will be closed on Monday in honor of Canada Day. We’ll resume our regular schedule with the office open in Chapeau on Tuesday and Wednesday and St. Joseph’s on Thursday and Friday after the holiday.
5) Happy Canada Day to everyone! I sincerely hope that the weather cooperated with the festivities in Sheenboro and that everyone had a great time. Tribute activities for our 150th birthday celebrations don’t always go off as planned though. There’s an interesting news story about a fellow in Newfoundland & Labrador who planted a big 150th garden with all different Canadian perennial plants only to have moose come along and eat them all!
6) Check out some of the recent posts on our parish blog. There’s a great video by Willie Nelson posted there that was sent along to us by Roger Lavoie that speaks to our ‘better angels’ as people blessed by God to live in a land of prosperity and peace. There’s also an article explaining the story of Fr. Gordon McCrae for whom we’ve been regularly celebrating masses for. The blog address is www.uppontiacparishes.wordpress.com. While you’re online, why not check out my own blog (Where The Rubber Hits The Road) at www.frtimmoyle.blogspot.com? I post articles each day that deals with the intercession where faith and the issues of everyday life meet.
7) Thank you to everyone who participated in the Parish Meeting in Chapeau last weekend. We will be proceeding with both phases of the repairs: the pointing of the stones in the walls and the repairs of the front steps.