Mass Schedule for Next Week
There will be no weekday Masses celebrated this coming week.
NEW YEAR’S MASSES
Sunday – 5pm Sheenboro Lillian Moyle & Isabelle Aubin By: Fr. Tim
Monday – 9am St. Joseph’s Wilfred Lariviere By: Ephrem & Kristin & Family
Monday – 10:30am Chapeau Mary & Edward Michaud By: The Family
Robert Godin, Francis & Jacqueline Lepine By: Pauline & Family
NEXT WEEKEND’S MASSES
Saturday – 5pm Sheenboro Missa Pro Populo
Sunday – 9am St. Joseph’s Marian Helen Poirier by: Maureen & Helen Morris
Sunday – 10:30am Chapeau Elwood Gaudette By: Mariette et famille
Mary Carroll By: Joanne Gagnon & Tommy Marcotte
Readers and Eucharistic Ministers for Next Weekend:
Sheenboro: R: Sandra Brennan EM: Mary Paule Muldoon
St. Joseph’s: R: Sam McGuire EM: Elaine McGuire
Chapeau: R: Bernie Hendry EM: Peter Smith & Gail Sullivan
The collection amounts for the past weekend’s masses will be published in the next bulletin.
NEXT CHILDREN’S CATECHISM CLASS: will be held on January 7th at 9:15 at Dr. Wilbert Keon School. The Confirmation class will meet with Fr. Tim immediately after the 10:30 am Mass. Any child that is still without a book please come to the Parish Office to get one. Thank you!
Knights of Columbus News:
- The next regular meeting of Council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus in Pembroke will be held Tuesday, Jan. 9. It starts at 7:30 p.m. in the K of C Hall on Ellis Street, Pembroke.
- Council 1531 will host representatives of First Step Options at its Jan. 23 meeting at the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue in Pembroke. The program starts at 7 p.m. and is open to members, their families, the parishes and community at large.
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere,, Ashton Godin, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger
YOUNG AT HEART: Our club will sponsor the Euchre games for the next 3 months starting on Monday, January 8th and our regular cards will follow on Wednesday, January 10th at 1 pm. All is welcome!
Notes From Fr. Tim:
- Thank you. Where to begin? I have many people to thank for the wonderful Christmas celebrations in all three parishes. (Please forgive me in advance if I happen to forget someone below.) The music in all three churches was MAGNIFICENT to say the very least! Special thanks to the choirs for all the obvious practicing in they did in advance of the Masses. Your efforts shone through with your performances. I also want to extend a particular thank you to the young adults who provided the music for the Chapeau Christmas celebration and to Gillian Turner for her solo work in Sheenboro. Thank you too to all the folks who decorated the churches, the readers, Eucharistic ministers, and sacristans. Of course, I would be remiss if I didn’t offer particular thanks to the organizers and participants in the Christmas pageants in Chapeau and St. Joseph’s. Your efforts made for beautiful and memorable celebrations of the Savior’s birth.
- Thank you to all the folks who gave me Christmas cards and gifts this holiday season. Your generosity of spirit always inspires me.
- Help Wanted!! We are still urgently looking for someone who will shovel snow in Chapeau for the entrances to the church. Please call me at 819-689-5232 if you are interested in the job.
- Bible Study classes will resume next Thursday (January 11th) at St. Joseph’s.
- The “Catholicism” video series in Chapeau concludes next Wednesday (January 10th) following the 10 am Mass. The next video presentation in St. Joseph’s in the “Pivotal Players” series will be on Friday, January 12th following the 10 am Mass there.
- I will be away for a few days this coming week visiting friends. The office will be open at the regular times and churches as of Tuesday, January 2nd. Pauline will be happy to help if you have need of anything.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all. Please remember that January 1st is a Holy Day of Obligation for all of Canada. Masses will be celebrated on Sunday evening in Sheenboro (5 pm) and on Monday at St. Joseph’s (9 am) and Chapeau (10:30 am). Attending a regular Sunday Mass does not fulfill this obligation!
I regret to inform you of the death of Mrs. Willietta Gaudette (nee Tierney). Her wake will be held on Thursday afternoon and evening at the Hayes Funeral Home (Chapeau) and her funeral will be celebrated in St. Alphonsus Parish on Friday at 1 pm. Please keep her family in your prayers.