Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Mike & Rosa Mainville
By: Mado Keon
By: Charlie & Lorna Conway
By: Maureen & Helen Morris
|Doran Family & Gerard
By: Ruth & Family
By: Laurier & Dianne Mainville
By: Paul & Sue Kelly
By: Helen Chaput
|Missa Pro Populo
|Sheenboro||Kaleigh Gleason||Marie-Paul Muldoon|
|St. Joseph||Lawrence Duff||Paul/Ron|
|Chapeau||Lise Mainville||Meril, Janie|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Sandy LaRose-Dutton, Pat Keon, Paul Keon, Anchie Bechamp, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
|St. Joseph||$1435.00||Sharon Fitzpatrick, Monday, December 3rd|
|Chapeau||$1245.00||Donna Gagnon, Monday, November 26th|
FLU SHOTS: will be available at Harrington Community this Monday, November 26th from 1:00 p.m. to 6 p.m. This year they would like you to call in advance to book your appointment at 1-844-351-6277 or online at clicsante.ca.
CHILDREN’S CATECHISM CLASS: The next class will be held on Sunday, December 2nd. If you have a child in grade 1 and would like to register him/her in the class. You would have to come in the office before this class to do so. Also wanted to let you know that the activity books came in on Monday, so feel free to drop by the office to pick them up. Children that are in Book 2 your Teacher will give them to you next Class. Thank you.
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: Thank you once again to all vendors who helped make our Craft Sale and Luncheon a great success. Rosa Mainville was the lucky winner of the 50/50. Congratulations Rosa!
CHAPEAU R.A. PRESENTS “A FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARTY”: Let’s celebrate on Sunday, December 9th 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Activities include: Kids build their own Gingerbread house, kids create their own Christmas Craft, Christmas movie and popcorn. Entry fee is $10. Family photo by Sarah Wood Photography $10/pic. Please register with Karie Bissonnette or Marielle Lair on Facebook or at 613-401-2850 by December 2nd as organizers need time to purchase supplies.
CHAPEAU CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PAGEANT AND YOUTH CHOIR: Our Children’s Christmas Pageant will take place during our 7pm Christmas Eve Mass. We are looking for angels, kings, and shepherds aged 4 and up who would love to participate. We are also looking for older participants to join our Youth choir that will lead our pageant in the singing of lovely Christmas carols. If you are interested in either the pageant or the choir, please join us at our first practice on Dec. 2nd at 2:00 pm or call Hélène Chartrand at 613-312-9249 to sign-up. Thank you!
THANK YOU: Doreen and Lloyd would like to thank family and friends for helping celebrate Lloyd’s 80th Birthday. Special thanks to the singers and musicians and also for the gifts.
IAN PICARD MEMORIAL EMERGENCY SERVICES HOCKEY TOURNAMENT: Will be held on Friday, November 23rd at the Chapeau Arena. The first game starts at 8:00 a.m. Proceeds go to minor hockey. Everyone is welcome to attend. There will be a 50/50 draw and other great prizes to be won. Come out have fun and support our community.
YOUNG AT HEART NEWS: Our Christmas Party will be held on Wednesday, December 12th at 1:00 p.m. Roast Beef Dinner by Cheryl Smith at $22 per plate. Please get your ticket by December 5th. You can call Jeannette Gaudette 819-689-2856.
ST. JOSEPH CWL: St. Joseph CWL has organized a fundraiser to supplement the projects we support throughout the year. We will be selling tickets on a Christmas Basket (turkey & trimmings). The fundraiser will run from November 15 to December 15. Tickets are $ 5.00 a book. The draw will take place on December 19th. We need your support. Tickets are at the back now. Please take a bag (or more). You may hand in your tickets to Donna or Sharon. Thank You.
FATHER TIM’S CHAPEAU CHRISTMAS COOKIE ELVES: are gearing up for another festive season. If you know someone who’d enjoy a visit from a Christmas Cookie Elf, please let Pauline know by calling the Parish Office and we will add them to our recipient’s list. If you would like to be a cookie baking elf, please call Bernie at 819-689-5223. Thanks!
CHAPEAU LION’S CLUB: Will be hosting their pancake breakfast this Sunday, November 25th. Everyone Welcome.
Bishop N.Z. Lorrain council 1531 of the Knights of Columbus: Annual memorial mass for deceased members of the third and fourth degrees on Tuesday, Nov. 27 at St. Columbkille’s Cathedral. Mass starts at 7 p.m. A special invitation is extended to families of the deceased members as well as current members and their families.
CHRISTMAS BRUNCH-St. Anne’s Parish C.W.L: Sunday, November 25th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Municipal Hall, 8 montée Monseigneur Martel, Calumet Island, QC Adults $12.00 and Children 10 and under $5.00, children 5 and under Free, Take-out is available. Bake Sale/Artisans’ Market & Draws.
Everyone Welcome! Please bring a non-perishable food item as a donation for Bouffe Pontiac. C.W.L. cookbook for sale $15.00. Excellent Christmas gift idea! Contact Joan Derouin 819-648-2445.
DIOCESAN MARRIAGE TRIBUNAL: Please note that the Marriage Tribunal Office is now located at the Chancery Office, 188 Renfrew Street, P.O. Box 7, Pembroke, ON K8A 6X1, Cathy Grahl, notary, can be reached at 613-732-7933 ext. 205.
|Notes from Fr. Tim:|
|1) We will be presenting the Bene Merenti Medals to Bert Collin and Jerome & Henry Sallafranque at the 10:30 am Mass in Chapeau on Sunday, December 16th.
2) Have you called the office yet to let us know about people that might appreciate a visit from our Christmas Cookie Elves this December? If not, please don’t delay so that they can know how many cookies and treats to bake. It’s our hope that we can put together as complete a list of seniors, widows, widowers, and people living alone to receive a basket of baking to both enjoy themselves and to share with any holiday visitors who might grace their door during the Christmas season.
3) The arrangements for my sabbatical are now complete and I will be away from the area from 11 January to 17 May 2019. If you have any Mass intentions that you would like me to offer during my time away, please let me know asap so that I can schedule them into my calendar.
4) Preparations have started for the Christmas Pageant in Chapeau on Christmas Eve. Is there anyone who would be willing to organize similar pageants in St. Joseph’s and Sheenboro? Call the office if you are interested.
5) Don’t forget to take home a sheet of decorations for our Parish Christmas Trees. We ask you to personalize them any way you like: attach photo’s, garland, sparkles, colouring – just make them worthy of adorning the tree. They will be put up in the following order: 1st – Cross; 2nd – Creche; 3rd – Star. You can drop them off at the parish offices if you want them up before each Sunday or bring them to Mass and they’ll be put up after the Mass.
6) St. Joseph’s Missals for 2019 are now for sale in each of the Churches. The cost is $5.00 each.
7) Don’t forget to buy (and/or sell) tickets for the St. Joseph’s Christmas Basket Draw. Tickets can be picked up from and returned to Donna or Sharon.
8) Please make the Pembroke Knights of Columbus Choir who are singing this weekend at the Chapeau Mass feel welcomed. Then how about joining them at Harrington Hall after Mass for a great pancake breakfast put on by the Chapeau and District Lion’s Club!