Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Mado & Family
By: Jim McKinnon
By: Elizabeth Kelly & Presha Donahue & Family
By: Linda Lapierre
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Paul & Shirley Morin & Family
By: Liane & Pierre & Family
By: St. Alphonsus C.W.L
|Sheenboro||Karen Shea||Jerry Muldoon|
|St. Joseph||Carol Price||Margaret, Rita|
|Chapeau||Mariette Sallafranque||Mariette, André|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Nancy Turner Thibeault, Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Sandy LaRose-Dutton, Pat Keon, Paul Keon, Anchie Bechamp, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, J.P. Lariviere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$ 775.00||Laetitia Tardiff Peacock, Monday December 17th|
|St. Joseph||$ 984.00|
|Chapeau||$1410.00||Suzanne Lapierre, Monday, December 10th|
The Renfrew County Catholic District School Board is actively seeking qualified teachers, educational assistants, early childhood educators, custodians and school secretaries. Please visit http://www.applytoeducation.com for available postings or contact the human resources department at 613 735-1031.
ST. ALPHONSUS C.W.L: Mark your Calendar for the Chapeau CWL Christmas Party on Tuesday, December 11th at 7:00 p.m.at Harrington Community Centre. You are welcome to join us for games and music. Those attending are asked to bring a small plate of goodies to share. The “Money Tree” donations will go to Fr. Tim’s Peruvian Project this year. Hope you can join us on the 11th.
CHAPEAU R.A. PRESENTS “A FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARTY”: Let’s celebrate this Sunday, December 9th 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Activities include: Kids build their own Gingerbread house, kids create their own Christmas Craft, Christmas movie and popcorn. Entry fee is $10. Family photo by Sarah Wood Photography $10/pic.
YOUNG AT HEART NEWS: Our Christmas Party will be held this Wednesday, December 12th at 1:00 p.m. Roast Beef Dinner by Cheryl Smith at $22 per plate.
ST. JOSEPH CWL: St. Joseph CWL has organized a fundraiser to supplement the projects we support throughout the year. We will be selling tickets on a Christmas Basket (turkey & trimmings). The fundraiser will run from November 15 to December 15. Tickets are $ 5.00 a book. The draw will take place December 19th. We need your support. Tickets are at the back now. Please take a bag (or more). You may hand in your tickets to Donna or Sharon. Thank You.
FATHER TIM’S CHAPEAU CHRISTMAS COOKIE ELVES: are gearing up for another festive season. If you know someone who’d enjoy a visit from a Christmas Cookie Elf, please let Pauline know by calling the Parish Office and we will add them to our recipient’s list. If you would like to be a cookie baking elf, please call Bernie at 819-689-5223. Thanks!
The Office of Faith Formation and Leadership development is always here to assist you in the areas of faith. We have resources – DVDs, Videos, Books, Programs by Dynamic Catholic, Blessed – First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion, Decision Point (Confirmation), Chosen (Confirmation) by Ascension Press, Symbolon: The Catholic Faith explained by the Augustine Institute and so much more. All are available to borrow at the Diocesan Office of Faith Formation. For more formation please contact Deacon Adrien Chaput at 613 732-7933 ext. 206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diocesan Young Adult Ministry. Join young adults 18-35 years of age in a journey to discover more deeply the Catholic faith. Many different topics are covered at the monthly gatherings which typically take place at St. Columbkille Cathedral in Pembroke, with Bishop Mulhall frequently in attendance. Contact Yvette Bourque at 613 732-7933 ext. 208 or email@example.com to be placed on the group’s e-mail list to find out when and where the next gatherings will be held.
Marriage Preparation Program. The next marriage Preparation program is coming up on February 23 and March 2, 2019 in Renfrew at St. Francis Xavier parish. Deadline to register is February 16, 2019. Registration is available online at http://www.pembrokediocese.com or a form can be obtained from any parish and mailed in. Inquires can be directed to Yvette Bourque at 613 732-7933 ext. 208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Flying Fathers Hockey Game. The Flying Fathers will play a fundraising hockey game against the youth of l’École Secondaire Sieur-de-Coulonge on February 19th at 7 p.m. at the Fort-Coulonge Arena. Proceeds from the game will be split between St. Peter’s Parish, Fort Coulonge, and the High School. Adult tickets are $10.00 and children 4 – 17 are $5 each. Tickets can be purchased at l’École Secondaire Sieur-de-Coulonge, the Chancery Office in Pembroke (188 Renfrew St.), Fr. Réal Ouellette or Fr. Justin Bertrand. For further information, please contact Fr. Justin Bertrand at 819 683-2056.
Funny in a GOoD Way presents an event opening the week of Prayer for Christian Unity. Appearances by nationally recognized Comedian/Actor – Leland Klassen, Canadian Military Wives Choir – Petawawa, GATE47, and a skit by local pastors. Proceeds to support Local Food Banks. January 19, 2019 at the Festival Hall, Pembroke. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets $20.00 in advance and $25.00 at the door. For tickets please contact Deacon Adrien Chaput at 613 732-7933 ext. 206.
|Notes from Fr. Tim:|
|1) We welcomed Elias Alexander Kluke (Adam and Alycia) and Clayton David Vaillancourt (David and Kelsey) into our Catholic family last weekend through the sacrament of Baptism. Please keep them and their families in your prayers.
2) Here is the Mass Schedule for Christmas this year.
Christmas Eve: 5 pm – St. Joseph; 7 pm – Chapeau; 9 pm – Sheenboro
Christmas Day: 10:30 am – Chapeau
3) The presentation of the Bene Merenti Medals to Bert Collin, Jerome Sallafranque, and Henry Sallafranque will take place next weekend at the 10:30 am Mass in Chapeau. Msgr. Doug Bridge will be present to represent the Bishop and to present the medals and certificates to the honorees. Looking forward to seeing as many as possible there for the celebration.
4) No one has yet approached me with any Mass intentions to be celebrated during my sabbatical. Since there will not be any weekday masses celebrated here during my absence, you might want to make arrangements with me if you wanted to mark an anniversary etc. with one.
5) Need to go to confession as part of your Advent preparations for Christmas? I will be in the confessional in St. Joseph’s this coming Saturday from 1 – 2 pm. I’ll be doing the same in Chapeau on the following weekend as well.
6) I ask for your prayers for the repose of the soul of Mr. Bob McCrea, originally from Sheenboro who died peacefully in his sleep in Pembroke. He will be waked in Pembroke at Murphy’s Funeral Home next Saturday morning with a funeral to follow later the same day at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. You can visit Murphy’s website (https://www.murphyfuneralhome.ca) for his complete obituary and service details.
7) Please pray for the soul of Sr. Rita Bowers who died this past week. May she be granted a swift and safe ride to heaven just as she offered her services for years to drive many of our parishioners to various appointments.
8) We are still looking for people to step up and help with the various liturgical ministries of Reader and Eucharistic minister. Please consider helping out with these important jobs in the liturgical life of our parishes.