Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
|FUNERAL||Alphire (Anchie) Bechamp|
By: The Lapierre Family
|Wilfrid & Laura Lariviere
By: Gerard & Gilles Audet
|Annus, Vincey & Glenn Lapierre
By: The family
|Missa Pro Populo|
By: Peter McCann
By: Mom & Dad
By: Peter & Nora Smith
|Sheenboro||Sandra Brennan||Mary, Mary Paule|
|St. Joseph||Andre Bouchard||Margaret, Rita|
|Chapeau||Colleen Fleming||Nicole, Mariette|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Fr. Stephen Ballard, Fr. Peter Proulx, Patsy Gagnon, Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan.
(2nd) $ 122.00
|Laetitia – Monday, October 7th|
|St. Joseph||$1513.00 $1507.00|
West Pontiac Connects: If any seniors in the community would like to schedule volunteer work please contact West Pontiac Connects to schedule a day and time. Please contact Marielle Lair at (819)689-2878 for more information or inquiries about the upcoming session.
St. Alphonsus C.W.L: Will be hosting the Monday Night card parties beginning October 7th through December. We would greatly appreciate prize donations (Kleenex, paper towels, soup, etc.) These could be dropped off at the hall on Monday evenings or given to Gail, Joan or Janie at any time. Thanks once again!!
Parishioners and interested persons of the former Holy Spirit Mission Nichabeau: A new fence will be erected at the cemetery in the coming months. We are seeking financial assistance to cover the cost. Cheques can be made out to the St. Alphonsus Parish towards the fencing. More details to follow. Contact Peter Smith 819-689-5624 for further details or suggestions.
Remembrance Day in Sheenboro: Will be celebrated on November 10th, 2019. Mass will be at 11 a.m., followed by Remembrance Day ceremonies that will be held in the church. People wishing to place a wreath in memory of a veteran are asked to contact Billy Brennan by email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 8th. Following the Remembrance Service, a light lunch will be served in the parish hall. There is no set cost for the meal but a donation to ensure this even can continue would be appreciated.
Young at Heart News: There will be a potluck on Wednesday, October 16th at 11:30 a.m. followed by a General Meeting, and then followed by cards.
Bowling: Anyone interested in bowling this year meeting October 8th Harrington Community Center 7pm league will start October 21st. Contact Yogi 819-689-5508.
Halloween Dance at Harrington Hall: Will be held on Saturday, October 26th, 2019 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Cost is $10 per person. There will be prizes and a light lunch will be served. All proceeds go to the Chapeau Lion’s Club & the Culbute Museum in Chichester. Everyone Welcome!
Tuesday Social Club: The Tuesday Social Club has begun again for the sixth year at the Harrington Community Centre at 1 pm until 3 pm. We are always happy to receive donations of yarn, pillowcases and cotton or cotton blend fabrics. Join us for a couple of hours of socializing. Contact Angie at 2486 or Bernie at 5223.
St. Joseph Parish Supper, Sunday October20th: It’s that time again. Our Raffle Tickets are available. Same as last year. $20 a bag. ($2 a ticket). Please sign-up. Reminder: Parish Supper is coming October20th Tickets are Adult $15 & Children under 10 $5. We will be needing lots of help. Meat envelopes are available. Please get your dinner tickets from Hazel Chassie 819-689-2609. Thanks. They are going quickly.
Chapeau Gallery News
Gallery is closed on Tuesday & Wednesday. Check our Facebook page at Chapeau Regionale Gallerie for upcoming events and lunch menu. Leave a message at email@example.com.
Knights of Columbus News
1) Knights of Columbus: The next meeting of Bishop N.Z. Lorrain council of the Knights of Columbus will be held Tuesday, Oct. 8. It will start at 7:30 p.m. in the K of C Hall on Ellis Avenue.
2) Bishop N.Z. Lorrain of the Knights of Columbus will host a CPR/ defibrillator course on Tuesday, Oct. 22 at the Knights of Columbus hall on Ellis Avenue, Pembroke. Start time is 6:30 p.m
OTHER PARISH SUPPERS
Beef Buffet & Bean Supper – St. Casimir Parish, Round Lake Centre, Sunday, October 13th. Beef, beans, potatoes, vegetables with all the trimmings, homemade desserts, buns and pies. Craft table, Bingo, live entertainment. Supper starts at 12:30 p.m. Adults: $15 – Children 5-12: $5 – Children under 5: Free. Take out available; gift certificates are available at the parish office. Everyone welcome!
Humorous Words of Wisdom
-Don’t let your worries get the best of you; remember, Moses started out as a basket case.
-When you get to your wit’s end, you’ll find God lives there.
-If a church wants a better pastor, it only needs to pray for the one it has.
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|1) What a successful parish supper in Chapeau!! We served over 1000 turkey meals with all the usual accompaniments to satisfied customers, making it a super fundraiser for St. Alphonsus Parish. Many thanks to everyone who helped to make it such a great success. Next up: St. Joseph’s on October 20th for the best Roast Beef supper in the Valley. If you haven’t yet bought your tickets, you can still (I think) get some from Donna Tierney, Sharon Fitzpatrick, or Hazel Chassie.
2) Last weekend I had the privilege of bringing three new Catholics into the fold through the Sacrament of Baptism. Please pray for Emma Katherine Regier (Father: Lucas Regier, Mother: Lauren Scott), Nolan Adrien Morris (Father: Mark Morris, Mother: Kayla Rehel), and Eli Andre Vaillancourt (Father: Raymond Vaillancourt, Mother: Stephanie Morris).
3) Our Eucharistic Adoration program is coming together. It will be held in Chapeau on Tuesday and Wednesday, St. Joseph’s on Thursday and Friday, and then in Sheenboro on Saturday for a couple of hours in each location. Please watch this section of the bulletin for the details of a video series on ‘The Real Presence’ so that we can either learn or be refreshed as to what the Church has taught us about this most important gift to humanity from God. It will begin before the end of October in both Chapeau and St. Joseph’s. The adoration program will begin in November.
4) Our condolences and prayers go out to the family of Anchie Bechamp of Chapeau. His funeral will be held there on Monday at 11 am.