Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: A Parishioner
By: Kelly Ann & Ed Chartrand
|Holy Souls in Purgatory – In Honour of St. Joseph
By: A parishioner
By: Peter & Nora Smith
Alvin, Elsa, & Shelley Smith
By: The Family
By: The Keogh Family
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Sheenboro||Karen Shea||Doris, Mary|
|St. Joseph||Sam McGuire||Margaret, Rita|
|Chapeau||Monique Fleury||André, Peter|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Fr. Stephen Ballard, Fr. Peter Proulx, Patsy Gagnon, Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Anchie Bechamp, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan.
Collection Totals: Will be announced in next week’s bulletin.
MARRIAGE BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Eric Dennis O’Connor, son of Terrence O’Connor and Brenda Borutski and Courtney Brunette, daughter of Randall R. Brunette and Nancy M. Gareau. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 p.m. on October 12th at St. Alphonsus Church, Chapeau, Quebec.
Thank you to everyone who signed forms indicating a willingness to participate in our on-going Eucharistic Adoration program. We are now in the process of determining its breadth and scope and will announce its implementation in a couple of weeks. At this point, we believe there will be adoration twice a week in each parish for a few hours at a time. Let’s pray that we are successful in bringing this about.
Parishioners and interested persons of the former Holy Spirit Mission Nichabeau
A new fence will be erected at the cemetery in the coming months. We are seeking financial assistance to cover the cost. Cheques can be made out to the St. Alphonsus Parish towards the fencing. More details to follow. Contact Peter Smith 819-689-5624 for further details or suggestions.
Young at Heart News:
The club is putting on a free bus for those who would like to go to Ladysmith on Saturday, October 5th. If interested, please call Mariette Gaudette at 819-689-2544 as soon as possible. Membership to join the club is $5.00
Séminaires de vie nouvelle dans l’Esprit: 17 octobre au 5 décembre
Avez-vous besoin d’un nouvel élan dans votre vie spirituelle ? La paroisse St-Jean-Baptiste, Pembroke, offre les Séminaires de vie nouvelle dans l’Esprit, le jeudi soir à partir du 17 octobre à la salle paroissiale (sous-sol de l’église, au 500, rue Isabella), à 19h. Il s’agit de huit séminaires qui nous aident à rencontrer de nouveau le Seigneur Jésus dans notre vie, et qui nous aident à nous ouvrir davantage au don de l’Esprit Saint que nous avons reçu lors de notre baptême et de notre confirmation. Pour de plus amples renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le P. Michael Smith au 613-735-6566.
Tuesday Social Club:
HELP! We are collecting clean warm clothing for men only to be taken to the Ottawa Mission for homeless men. Ron Bartman has taken the responsibility to deliver them. We will be accepting them on every Tuesday in October at the Harrington Community Center from 1 to 3 pm. Thanks a lot.
St. Joseph Parish:
It’s that time again. Our Raffle Tickets are available. Same as last year. $20 a bag. ($2 a ticket). Please sign-up. Reminder: Parish Supper is coming October20th Tickets are Adult $15 & Children under 10 $5. We will be needing lots of help. Meat envelopes are available. Please get your dinner tickets from Hazel Chassie 819-689-2609, Sharon Fitzpatrick 819-689-2907 and Donna Tierney 819-689-2558. Thanks. They are going quickly.
West Pontiac Connects:
If any seniors in the community would like to schedule volunteer work please contact West Pontiac Connects to schedule a day and time. Please contact Marielle Lair at (819)689-2878 for more information or inquiries about the upcoming session.
Chapeau Gallery News
1) Gallery is closed Tuesday & Wednesday’s. Check our Facebook page at Chapeau Regionale Gallerie for upcoming events and lunch menu. Leave a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Annual Garage Sale/Give Away on Saturday & Sunday, September 28-29. Donations accepted
Halloween party at Harrington Hall
Chapeau Quebec. Hosted by Chapeau Lions Club & Culbute Museum in Chichester
Date : Oct 26-2019
Time: 9 PM – 1 AM
10.00 per person Music, Prizes, Lunch
Must be 18 years or older
OTHER PARISH SUPPERS
Beef Buffet & Bean Supper – St. Casimir Parish, Round Lake Centre, Sunday, October 13th. Beef, beans, potatoes, vegetables with all the trimmings, homemade desserts, buns and pies. Craft table, Bingo, live entertainment. Supper starts at 12:30 p.m. Adults: $15 – Children 5-12: $5 – Children under 5: Free. Take out available; gift certificates are available at the parish office. Everyone welcome!
Roast Beef Dinner – St. Joseph’s Parish: Sunday, October 20th. Begins at 5 pm. BEST ROAST BEEF DINNER in the entire Diocese! Tickets available from Hazel Chassie (819-689-2609), Sharon Fitzpatrick (819-689-2907) and Donna Tierney (819-689-2558)
Remembrance Day in Sheenboro
Remembrance Day in Sheenboro will be celebrated on November 10th, 2019.
Mass will be at 11am, followed by Remembrance Day ceremonies that will be held in the church. People wishing to place a wreath in memory of a veteran are asked to contact Billy Brennan by email email@example.com on or before November 8th. Following the Remembrance service a light lunch will be served in the parish hall. There is no set cost for the meal but a donation to ensure this event can continue would be appreciated.
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|Archbishop Michael Mulhall, Apostolic Administrator, announces the following clergy appointments, to take effect October 10, unless otherwise indicated:
· Rev. Peter G. Proulx has resigned as Pastor of Most Holy Name of Jesus Parish, Pembroke, and is on sick leave.
· Rev. Steven F. Ballard, while remaining officially Pastor of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish, Petawawa, is on sick leave. This takes effect immediately.
· Rev. Moses Nwosu, S.M.M.M., is appointed Pastor of Most Holy Name of Jesus Parish, Pembroke.
· Rev. Mitchell W. Beachey is appointed Administrator of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish, Petawawa, in addition to being Pastor of Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, Deep River, and St. Anthony Parish, Chalk River. This appointment takes effect immediately.
· Rev. Michael Lund is appointed Administrator of St. Michael Parish, Douglas, St. Pius V Parish, Osceola, and Sacred Heart Mission, Cobden.
· Rev. Fortunatus Rudakemwa is appointed Administrator of Paroisse St-Pierre, Fort-Coulonge, Paroisse St-Charles-Borromée, Otter Lake, St. Elizabeth Parish, Vinton, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Mission, Waltham.
· Rev. Scott Murray is appointed Administrator of Paroisse Ste-Thérèse, Témiscaming, and Our Lady of the Lake Mission, Kipawa, while remaining Pastor of St. Anne Parish, Mattawa.
· Rev. Réal Ouellette is appointed Parochial Vicar of Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, Deep River, St. Anthony Parish, Chalk River, and Our Lady of Sorrows Parish, Petawawa. This appointment takes effect immediately.
Rev. Peter Do is appointed Parochial Vicar of St. Anne Parish, Mattawa, Paroisse Ste-Thérèse, Témiscaming, and Our Lady of the Lake Mission, Kipawa.