Masses and Celebrations for the Week
|Day||Time and Place||Celebration||Intention|
By: Denis Duchesne
|Deceased Members of the Hill, O’Brien & Venne Families
By: Helen Hill
By: Sharon Gribbon
By: Maureen & Helen Morris
|Missa Pro Populo|
|Marilyn Raymond St. Cyr
By: The O’Brien Family
|Rene & Camilla Chaput
By: Marcel & Suzanne Chaput
By: St. Alphonsus Choir
|Sheenboro||Karen Shea||Jerry Muldoon|
|St. Joseph||Andre Bouchard||Ron, Margaret|
|Chapeau||Mariette Sallafranque||Mariette, Gail|
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE SICK: Barbara Coventry, Leonard Duff, Fran Flavelle, Anchie Bechamp, Earl Lepine, Annie Gaudette, Sandra Fletcher- McGuire, Aspyn Carroll, Roseanne Gagnon, Viola Fleury, Joanne Souliere, Patsy Lariviere, Ida-Mae Turner, Kerry Kelly, Paul Dennie, Judy Sullivan and Norma Ranger.
|Sheen||$ 690.00||Janet Retty, Monday, July 22nd|
On different days here and there the Office will be closed as the Secretary will taking some holidays. So, this Friday, July 26th she will not be in the office. Thank you.
MARRIAGE BANNS: There is a promise of marriage between Jonathan Joseph Michaud, son of Frank Michaud and Susie Gagnon and Carly Elizabeth McDonald, daughter of Timothy McDonald and Gail Romain. The wedding will be celebrated at 3:00 p.m. on July 27th at St. Alphonsus Church.
Funeral Mass Arrangements: L/Col. Hugh Peacock funeral on Saturday, August 3, 2019, 11:00 a.m. Mass at St. Theresa of the Little Flower Chapel, Fort William Quebec. Followed by burial, St. Paul The Hermit Parish Cemetery, Sheenboro. Luncheon gathering in the Sheen Hall. Donations can be made to The St. Paul The Hermit Parish Cemetery or the Sheenboro Hall.
ROY’S ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT: The golf tournament will be held on Friday, August 2nd at the Island Brae Golf Course and Club de Golf Pontefract. Proceeds are going to the Pontiac West Fire Services and the Meilleur Residence. Entry Fees are $60 for Golf, Supper & Prizes, Golf only $40 and Supper only $30. Supper will be served at 6:00 p.m. at the Sheenboro Parish Hall. (Salad, Steak, Baked Potato and Dessert). Register in Advance at George’s Bar 819-689-2715. Book your carts in advance!!!
Walk The Opeongo Line, July 25-28, 2019 – Join pilgrims from ages 7-77 in this life-changing, 4-day journey from Our Lady of Fatima, Renfrew to St. Anne Shrine, Cormac. This will be our 4th year making the 67km walk! It’s an experience that merits many blessings and many wonderful memories. For more information and to register, visit: walktheopeongoline.com.
Diocesan Pilgrimage – Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré. Fr. Réal Ouellette and Fr. Justin Bertrand: are organizing a pilgrimage to the shrines of Notre-Dame-du-Cap, Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré (entire day) and St. Joseph’s Oratory from Tuesday, August 20th to Thursday, August 22nd. Spiritual Directors will be Fr. Réal Ouellette and Fr. Justin Bertrand. Departure at 8 a.m. on Tuesday. Complete payment due by July 25th. For further information please contact the website at http://www.paroissestpierre.com, email email@example.com, or telephone 819 683-2056.
Chapeau Gallery News:
- Summer Hours – Posted on our outdoor sign. The Footwear & Handbag Fundraiser was a great success. We will continue with the sale until further notice. Check our Facebook page at Chapeau Regionale Gallerie for upcoming events. Leave a message. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, July 27th from 10:00 a.m. – Noon, Beading with Patsea and 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Teaching of Indigenous Medicine with Chrystal Cost – $30/person. Lunch and supplies included. Tickets available at the Gallery.
- Tea Room is now open on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Knights of Columbus Council 1531 will provide bus transportation to and from the pilgrimage to the shrine of St. Ann in Cormac on July 28. Stops will be made at The Church of the Most Holy Name on Trafalgar Street at 9 a.m. and St. Columbkille’s Cathedral at 9:15. The bus will return to Pembroke after the healing mass.
Marriage Preparation Program: The Fall Diocesan Marriage Preparation Program is coming up on Saturday, October 19 and Saturday, October 26, 2019 at St. James the Less Parish, Eganville. Deadline to register is October 11, 2019. Registration is available online at http://www.pembrokediocese.com, or a form can be obtained from any parish and mailed in. Inquiries can be directed to Yvette Bourque at 613 732-7933 ext. 208, or email@example.com.
|Fr. Tim Notes:|
|1) Congratulations go out to Amy Lapierre and Jamie Hartwig who were married this weekend in St. Joseph’s Parish. Please keep this young couple in your prayers as they begin this new phase of their lives as husband and wife.
2) Hot enough for you? With the record-breaking heat and humidity, many shut-ins and people without air conditioning are suffering. Please reach out to your friends and neighbours, especially seniors who are living alone. Ensure that they are in good form and have all they need to deal with these sweltering and muggy days.
3) Here’s something for you to contemplate. Who would you be if you were one of the characters in this weekend’s Gospel? Mary or Martha? The fact is that we all need to manifest both of their qualities in the Christian life. This week might be an excellent opportunity to see if we are keeping the right balance between action and contemplation in our personal lives. Then, dedicate yourselves to some interior fine-tuning should you discover that you’re putting too much emphasis on one side or the other.
4) It’s time to remind everyone once again about our policy regarding the scheduling of Mass intentions. It is not our responsibility to reserve specific dates for people from year to year. Nor can we guarantee that the desired date will even be available for your intention if you do not allow sufficient advance notice. In short, if you want a Mass celebrated on a specific day, (particularly if it’s a weekend Mass) you have to call the Parish office and book it at many months in advance. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
5) While we’re on the subject of Masses, please remember that there will not be any weekday Masses celebrated in any of the three parishes from August 1st through to the Tuesday after Labour Day. Of course, I will be available to celebrate any funerals that might be required if someone dies. Every priest is allowed one month’s vacation according to the Code of Canon Law, so this is the way I traditionally take mine. Fr. Tom Fitzpatrick has also accepted to celebrate a few of the Saturday Masses in Sheenboro throughout the month. I thank him for his generous offer to help me get as much of a break as possible before things get ‘revved-up’ again in September.
Leave a Reply